PDA

View Full Version : Phantom

UDawg
08-23-03, 11:24 PM
I haven't seen any threads on the new gaming console The Phantom. Is this a joke or what? In the PDF I noticed all the pictures are rendured. Not one real photo. I think it is a scam or do they really have a product? I guess Nvidia would be able to say if they shipped any chips to them. Any ideas?

CaptNKILL
08-23-03, 11:49 PM
phanĚtom also fanĚtom
n.
-Something apparently seen, heard, or sensed, but having no physical reality; a ghost or an apparition.
-Something elusive or delusive.
-An image that appears only in the mind; an illusion.
-Something dreaded or despised.

(LMAO AT #4 :rofl)

GlowStick
08-24-03, 01:23 AM
I really do feel that 'The Phantom' is nothing more than one man who is a good artist. He definatly has skills to make a decent looking flash website (but flash websites are really stupid) and some cool videos. I also feel that it is a Con Artist that is looking for investors then will dissapeir.

I really do wish the FBI would look into that matter, to make sure that he is not a scam.

But lets say 'the phatom' is a real project that they are REALLY trying to make happen. At best it is just some software that runs on PC's useing Windows XP............ that downloads games, and has a snazzy interface and a cuple controlers.

All the software has to do is, download demos at night time, then make em show up when u wake up, then if you want to buy it, it downloads the rest of the game, easy as that. Its been done before rember the SEGA channel?

digitalwanderer
08-24-03, 01:39 AM
I wish I could remember where I read it, but it was a blurb about a guy who investigated the store. I THINK it was [H] who had a reader who lived in the area take a run past their "factory", and it was a small store space in a strip mall that the guy said just had four desks in it and no gaming consoles or boxes....then they called the guy making 'em and asked 'em where they were manufactured and he claimed they were manufactured on the premises and when confronted with the fact that the caller already knew his "factory" was a small storefront in a strip mall the guy went ballistic trying to find out who he was then hung-up rather abruptly.

It was a funny blurb, I'll hunt it up in the morning.

digitalwanderer
08-24-03, 01:43 AM
I was wrong, it was story I read on Warp2search (http://www.warp2search.net/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=14013) about a posting in Penny Arcade (http://www.penny-arcade.com/) that they got OFF THE FRONT PAGE OF NVNEWS (http://www.nvnews.net/#1061629270)!!!

Ok, I feel like a skotch of a nimrod for not realizing it came from here. :rolleyes:

vampireuk
08-24-03, 05:16 AM
lol, all that searching and it was right under your nose:D

I really do believe it is a fake, and if it's a publicity stunt for some new company then it's really bad marketing practice since their reputation will be destroyed before they even have anything to offer.

Also if they were such a big company making a games console you think they would have noticed all the criticism by now and contacted people;)

StealthHawk
08-24-03, 06:49 AM
Who in their right mind is going to buy a mystery console made by a mystery company with mystery developer support released on a mystery timeline :confused: If if Phantom was for real, it would certainly bomb. This is basically the first time there has been a three horse race in the console market. In reality, the Sony horse is far, far ahead in the race.

There have been many "third wheels" who tried to break into the market. All have failed because of a lack of developer support. Where are the developers lining up to port games over to Phantom? Where are the Phantom exclusive titles? I don't see any games listed anywhere. Other than promises of easy portability, dubious compatibility, etc.

vampireuk
08-24-03, 07:22 AM
Their exclusive titles will be hidden under their desk in their "factory":angel:

digitalwanderer
08-24-03, 11:21 AM
Against blatant scams like this? :eek2:

GlowStick
08-24-03, 06:27 PM
Its definatly a scam if i ever saw one. Im not saying that their coudlnt be a possibility of it being real, but at best it is just software. I gaurentee their plan is "we will have companys like dell, gateway, compaq make computers with out cd roms and they install our software" thats it.

The biggist problem is defiantly the capital and getting the bandiwth needed to delvier games to the consoles.

UDawg
08-29-03, 01:36 AM
Check this out. (http://www.cnn.com/2003/TECH/08/27/hln.game.phantom/index.html)

vampireuk
08-29-03, 07:29 AM
A few weeks?:eek: have CNN been hiding under a rock?:D

I wish they would not report on this "console" it IS a hoax, the company has no copyright to it, their headquarters is in a fricking mall and has two tables and a phone. How can anyone really think this might be real:mad:

Sotos
08-29-03, 07:39 AM
Phantom will make Microsoft with Xbox 2 a run for their money :rolleyes:

There are informations scattered here and there but until it's release which is faRRR do not listen these information to much

Many things could be change until then

GlowStick
08-29-03, 10:18 AM
Where is an Investagative reporter when ya need one.

That guy who has visisted the one desk office should tip off a news station and have them basicly barge in with questions and a video camera, the bait could be that they could uncover the biggist money scam of the century!

UDawg
08-29-03, 12:24 PM
Yeah but you gotta admit they are putting up a good fight at keeping this hoax alive. LOL! bunch of dorks. /shakes his head.

BTW I pre-ordered 9 of them...:bleh:

:D