PDA

View Full Version : No sound after installing new board

Tuork
08-24-03, 06:12 PM
I just set up my new motherboard into my old case. Made sure everything was properly connected, configured the BIOS settings ans installed Win Xp.

Problem 1:
I used to have Xp pro in english yet I had to install it in spanish (donīt ask why). Now I lost all my documents + software which I had installed.

Problem 2:
After installing all the proper audio drivers and whatnot, THERE IS NO SOUND!

Problem 3:
The floppy drive is not working. The ligth is permanently on yet it does not read anything which I place in.

I'm pretty piffed off at the moment. Someone please help me!

rig:
Athlon Xp 1600+ @ 1.4GHz
AN19e board by FIC (kt400)
256mb PC2700
Maxtor 15GB HDD
350w standard case
MSI GeForce 4 Ti4200 128mb

ALobpreis
08-25-03, 01:18 AM
1) How did you install it? Over a previous installation?? Your documents just simply won't go that easy!

2) Onboard sound or a sound card? Drivers working correctly? Can you record?

3) It's the classic problem of a flip cable. Just turn it and reconnect it. It may be flipped at the motherboard or the floppy drive.

Tuork
08-25-03, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by ALobpreis
1) How did you install it? Over a previous installation?? Your documents just simply won't go that easy!

2) Onboard sound or a sound card? Drivers working correctly? Can you record?

3) It's the classic problem of a flip cable. Just turn it and reconnect it. It may be flipped at the motherboard or the floppy drive.

1)Yes
2)Onboard sound

I managed to get the sound up... canīt exactly remember how. Now the problem is getting back My documents. I still have the old "program files" folder intact, yet I non of the programs work. There is also a new folder called "archivos the programa", which is the spanish equivalent to program files.

Any ideas?

ALobpreis
08-25-03, 11:54 PM
1) Do you mean, your previous XP was there, and you just installed over the previous one? All the programs should be still usable in that case.

Is the partition NTFS or FAT32? Did you do a seach in the entire drive for your files? Where did you leave them before reinstalling?

BTW, is spanish your primary language?

3) Is it working now?

Tuork
08-26-03, 10:11 PM
1) Yes, but the Xp I installed over the previous one is in spanish

Is the partition NTFS or FAT32?
I have no idea!

I left my files in "My documents" folder. All inside the same sub-folder.

- Yes, spanish is my primary language, but I prefer to have everything in english.

3) Tomorrow I'll instal Xp Pro in english and hope the program files come back to life!

Rampant CL
08-27-03, 01:30 PM
Hold up, if the XP installation is in spanish then shouldnt you have the spanish / international drivers for your sound?? Maybe you should check and see if you do.