PDA

View Full Version : GTA III coming to (select) iOS and Android devices Dec. 15th

Pages : [1] 2

ViN86
12-06-11, 12:16 PM
So awesome. :drooling:

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/19751/grand-theft-auto-iii-10-year-anniversary-edition-coming-to-mobil.html

Grand Theft Auto III: 10 Year Anniversary Edition will be available for select new generation iOS and Android devices on the App Store and Android Marketplace next week, December 15th for $4.99. Below is an updated list of devices to be supported at launch, along with some brand new screenshots from both the iOS and Android versions (also look for a new trailer to coincide with the official release next week).

Apple iOS Devices: iPad 1 & 2, iPhone 4 & 4S, iPod touch 4th Generation
Android Phones: HTC Rezound, LG Optimus 2x, Motorola Atrix 4G, Motorola Droid X2, Motorola Photon 4G, Samsung Galaxy R, T-Mobile G2x
Android Tablets: Acer Iconia, Asus Eee Pad Transformer, Dell Streak 7, LG Optimus Pad, Motorola Xoom, Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 and 10.1, Sony Tablet S, Toshiba Thrive

|MaguS|
12-06-11, 12:40 PM
Welp there goes my productivity at work...

ViN86
12-06-11, 01:27 PM
I'm glad I got my iPod Touch 4G back in May. Otherwise I wouldn't be able to play this. :D

G@merX
12-06-11, 02:21 PM
No Droid X love? I see X2 on the list but...you're telling me the original isn't powerful enough to run a ps2 game?! =(

Ghosthunter
12-06-11, 02:32 PM
That is nice..but i don't really get how you can play majority of the games out there without a gamepad of some sort?

I tried playing a few nice HD games on my droid, and using the virtual pad just really stinks

jeffmd
12-06-11, 02:42 PM
Gamer, my guess is when the OS restrictions are hacked, it shouldn't be a problem for you. My guess is they are simply taking the highest end androids and saying "yes", while working on testing older phones and opening them up later.

ViN86
12-06-11, 05:22 PM
Gamer, my guess is when the OS restrictions are hacked, it shouldn't be a problem for you. My guess is they are simply taking the highest end androids and saying "yes", while working on testing older phones and opening them up later.

Yea, with a rooted Droid X, I'm sure you will be able to figure out a way. I'm not sure if it restricts your purchase at the market or not based off what phone you have, though.

G@merX
12-06-11, 06:22 PM
I remember when this originally hit back in 2001 on PC ...the g4 4600ti was performance king and the game ran horribly even on that. It was rendering unseen objects or something to that effect? I know it wasn't until the ill-fated FX-series that the game ran fluid for everyone. A shame too, the snow mod was great for the game on PC and for it's time it did look gorgeous. I hope it doesn't run like a hog on those phones to completely recapture the glory from ten years ago lol. =X

Thanks for the responses guys, hopefully they do allow the game to work for my Droid X, maybe some tweaking, a patch and some tlc. I just..there's some really nice looking games I'm playing on my Droid X, I can't imagine this not being able to run on it.

six_storm
12-06-11, 06:37 PM
I may just have to grab this next week. I loved GTA3! It's going to rock on my iPad and iPhone.

ViN86
12-14-11, 02:03 PM
Game drops tomorrow. :D

Starscream
12-14-11, 03:12 PM
Any word on the controls?

I expect them to be god awful.

ViN86
12-14-11, 03:18 PM
Any word on the controls?

I expect them to be god awful.

From OP:

http://media.rockstargames.com/rockstargames/img/global/news/upload/gta3_appleios0001.jpg

Destroy
12-14-11, 07:20 PM
What?! No Blackberry version?

six_storm
12-14-11, 07:37 PM
lulz

737MAX
12-15-11, 12:36 AM
Just bought it. Close to 500MB app. Brings me back to when it first came out. Same exact "RAM OK, ROM OK" intro.

I'll post some impressions after I play it a bit. http://img.tapatalk.com/43a5b8f4-9563-4dd5.jpg

six_storm
12-15-11, 09:54 AM
Thanks to Zoomy ;) I got downloaded it on my iPhone 4 and played the first mission. It's exactly like I remember it. Controls take a little time to get used to but everything else is just like the PS2 version (better graphics IMO).

It's sad that I STILL remember where everything is! I don't even have to look at the map lol.

Guess I know what I'll be doing during lunch today. ;) Thanks again Zoomy!

ViN86
12-15-11, 09:56 AM
Purchasing/downloading now...

737MAX
12-15-11, 10:20 AM
Played the first few missions. The controls are pleasantly surprising. IMO, they're great. I was expecting crap controls but it works extremely well.

Only thing I have to knock so far is the speed with the 3GS. Runs slowly and would love to see it on the 4 or 4S.

ViN86
12-15-11, 10:41 AM
Keeps crashing on iPod Touch 4G. Some other users are experiencing the same. Guess I have to wait for an update. :(

six_storm
12-15-11, 11:14 AM
Keeps crashing on iPod Touch 4G. Some other users are experiencing the same. Guess I have to wait for an update. :(

Interesting. Doesn't the 4G have the same guts as the iPhone 4? Works perfect on that.

ViN86
12-15-11, 11:17 AM
Interesting. Doesn't the 4G have the same guts as the iPhone 4? Works perfect on that.

I thought so. One of the comments says the same thing on the GTAIII page in the iTunes store. I am still running iOS 4.3.3. Maybe I need to update to 5.0.1 tonight.

six_storm
12-15-11, 12:10 PM
I thought so. One of the comments says the same thing on the GTAIII page in the iTunes store. I am still running iOS 4.3.3. Maybe I need to update to 5.0.1 tonight.

Unless you have to jailbreak, upgrade to the latest. I just sat at my desk and played for 30 minutes, no problems.

ViN86
12-15-11, 12:21 PM
Unless you have to jailbreak, upgrade to the latest. I just sat at my desk and played for 30 minutes, no problems.

I prefer to jailbreak as it gives me access to things like SBSettings that I hate being without. There's a tethered jailbreak for iOS 5.0.1 that I will switch to tonight. It's not my phone, so tethering isn't that big of a deal.

Ghosthunter
12-15-11, 01:22 PM
I don';t think it will work my phone, running Samsung Galaxy S (first one), oh well...some people in comments saying it crashed.

I need a new phone

six_storm
12-15-11, 01:28 PM
I prefer to jailbreak as it gives me access to things like SBSettings that I hate being without. There's a tethered jailbreak for iOS 5.0.1 that I will switch to tonight. It's not my phone, so tethering isn't that big of a deal.

Ah. I posted a "how to" on adding desktop icons for Wifi and other settings in the mobile section. I use the Wifi one primarily but there are others and it works just fine without having to jailbreak. See what you think before having to deal with the tethered JB.