PDA

View Full Version : GSC closes, stalker 2 cancled

jkmetal
12-09-11, 11:31 AM
LINK (http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-12-09-gsc-denies-stalker-2-cancelled-rumour)

Mother****er..... Mother****er mother****er mother****er....

No one knows why yet.. some really wacky theories out there.. strange statements, personal reasons ect ect. More info in the link. If this is true, this is the worst gaming news of the last 5 years for me. I must have spent around 350+ hours of my life in the stalker universe. My favorite game series of all time.

Damn.

|MaguS|
12-09-11, 11:50 AM
Meh, I bet THQ will buy the rights and make it still.

bob saget
12-09-11, 11:58 AM
very very sad.

nekrosoft13
12-09-11, 12:49 PM
Meh, I bet THQ will buy the rights and make it still.

in unreal engine 3, with horrible textures, on console and will be third person with with stupid gears of war like story line.

|MaguS|
12-09-11, 01:02 PM
in unreal engine 3, with horrible textures, on console and will be third person with with stupid gears of war like story line.

Yet it will sell millions more then the original ever has...

frenchy2k1
12-09-11, 01:02 PM
seems particularly vague. One report from Ukrainian news, denied by the studio?
I'll wait for more info before mourning...

Hercules
12-09-11, 06:30 PM
There goes my last reason to stick with PC gaming.

But considering the sales potential of the game someone will pick it up and ruin it.

Good by STALKER, you are on of my all time favourite games.

nutcrackr
12-09-11, 06:36 PM
heart breaking, really. I only hope one day they can come back to it. I would rather it stay in hiatus instead of being passed off to some other developer who wouldn't know what they are doing.

dikinher
12-09-11, 09:34 PM
The owner of the company stated that GSC was closed down for "personal reasons". Whatever, sell the IP to 4Agames, who were partly responsible for the first STALKER game. Hopefully the former GSC employees land a job with 4A.

nekrosoft13
12-09-11, 09:48 PM

people do like stupid simple things

mojoman0
12-09-11, 09:56 PM
Didn't the original devs already jump ship and make metro 2033? Or no

Destroy
12-09-11, 11:33 PM

Yup, and McDonald's has sold billions.

Bah!
12-09-11, 11:51 PM
Yup, and McDonald's has sold billions.

You guys always use these extreme examples, and while sales don't mean everything they are the reason this studio is now dead. Profitable studios don't just close.

So you guys can use the played out McDonald's defense all day long, but this is what happens to companies to don't have a broader appeal or a huge amount of financial backing.

If you are a Stalker fan you aren't getting steak or McDonald's...you're going hungry.

crainger
12-09-11, 11:57 PM

Maybe. It all collapsed because they couldn't get the console deal off the ground. Too expensive to port to console, not enough PC sales to keep it all going.

Then again, THQ has Metro already, they'll probably let this brand sit until Metro has run it's course.

I'd be interested to see what Techland could do with the license.

dikinher
12-10-11, 07:20 PM
http://stalker-game-world.com/news/gsc_game_world_zakryty/2011-12-10-480

Обновление 2 (10.12.2011, 12:30)
Поступили новые данные. Оказывается для GSC Game World строился новый офис. Отсюда выплывает... Вся информация до этого была получена от третьих лиц, сами же разработчики никак не комментировали происходящие, чем продолжали привлекать внимание заинтересованных. Закрытие GSC Game World, вероятно, не означает закрытие компании, а лишь офиса на улице Лепсе, 4. В предположении вся эта история - оригинальный пиар-ход компании, которая была раздута лишь третьими лицами на основании пущенных слухов. Ждем понедельника...
Google Translated:[/QUOTE]
Update 2 (10.12.2011, 12:30)
Received new data. It turns out to GSC Game World was built a new office. From this comes up ... All information previously received from third parties, themselves, the developers did not comment on ongoing, continued to attract attention than concerned. Closure of GSC Game World, probably does not mean closing the company, and only office in the street Lepse, 4. Under the assumption that the whole story - the original PR move of the company, which was inflated only by third parties on the basis of rumors fired. We look forward to Monday ...

bacon12
12-10-11, 07:43 PM

And not one single f*(k will be given about how many copies they sell to thumb jockies. At lest to us gamers.