PDA

View Full Version : Spike VGA awards are on

Pages : [1] 2

FastRedPonyCar
12-10-11, 08:39 PM
MW3 just beat out BF3 for shooter of the year. The crowd was outraged and it seemed like the guys that accepted the award knew everyone was pissed that they were up there getting it instead of the guys from Dice.

oh well.

I just tuned in. Not sure who else has won stuff.

FastRedPonyCar
12-10-11, 08:48 PM
OH MY GOD!!!! Intro cinematic for Diablo III!!!!!!!!!!!! 2 drops of pee came out!

mojoman0
12-10-11, 08:53 PM
Hahaha at least the activision guy got knocked down and tea bagged on tv. I laughed my ass off he looked pissed

FastRedPonyCar
12-10-11, 08:59 PM
YES!!!! SKYRIM WINS GOTY!!!! (nana2)(nana2)(nana2)

Edit: and RPG of the year and bethesda got studio of the year.

mojoman0
12-10-11, 09:19 PM
http://m.kotaku.com/5866969/call-of-duty-maker-gets-teabagged-as-charlie-sheen-watches

six_storm
12-10-11, 11:08 PM
There were other games that deserved GOTY more than Skyrim. What about Batman and Gears 3? And no mention of Minecraft? Wtf? Crappy show if you ask me.

K007
12-10-11, 11:12 PM
shame cod won best shooter...who knew copy/pasting can be so rewarding...

Hogrider
12-10-11, 11:13 PM
How did Angry Birds do?

ElL33t
12-10-11, 11:25 PM
There were other games that deserved GOTY more than Skyrim. What about Batman and Gears 3? And no mention of Minecraft? Wtf? Crappy show if you ask me.

Nope! Skyrim was the best.

clitosaurus
12-10-11, 11:30 PM

lol @ batman or gears (or even minecraft) being goty.

Greedo
12-10-11, 11:52 PM
bf3 is far better than mw3.

and after an hour of playing, so far witcher 2 is better than skyrim.

Roadhog
12-11-11, 12:16 AM

http://i.imgur.com/72mDR.jpg

clitosaurus
12-11-11, 03:19 AM

Also did you even watch it?

Game of the Year - The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Studio of the Year - Bethesda Game Studios, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Character of the Year - The Joker, Batman: Arkharm City
Gamer God - Blizzard Entertainment
Hall of Fame - Shigeru Miyamoto, The Legend of Zelda
Best Xbox 360 Game - Batman: Arkham City
Best PS3 Game - Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception
Best Wii Game - The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
Best PC Game - Portal 2 (LOL)
Best Handheld/Mobile Game - Super Mario 3D Land
Best Shooter - Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (LOL)
Best Action Adventure Game - Batman: Arkham City
Best RPG: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Best Multiplayer - Portal 2 (again LOL)
Best Individual Sports Game - Fight Night Champion
Best Driving Game - Forza Motorsport 4
Best Fighting Game - Mortal Kombat
Best Motion Game - The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
Best Independent Game - Minecraft
Best Adapated Video Game - Batman: Arkham City
Best Song in a Game - "Setting Sail, Coming Home (End Theme)" by Darren Korb, Bastion
Best Original Score - Bastion
Best Graphics - Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception
** Best Performance by a Human Male** - Stephen Merchant as Wheatley, Portal 2
Best Performance by a Human Female - Ellen McLain as GLaDOS, Portal 2
Best Downloadable Game - Bastion
Best DLC - Portal 2 - Peer Review
Most Anticipated Game - Mass Effect 3
GameTrailers.com Trailer of the Year - Assassin's Creed: Revelations, E3 2011 Trailer

K007
12-11-11, 03:55 AM
best multiplayer is portal 2??...wtf O.o?

Vardant
12-11-11, 06:00 AM
http://i.imgur.com/72mDR.jpg
I'm not sure, how can you vote the most bugged game in a whole year a GOTY. I would be fine giving it best RPG, but this is just ridiculous.

rudedog
12-11-11, 06:43 AM
Just like people still buy Call of Duty games, people still watch the VGA awards and think they have any real meaning. Spike doesn't have a clue

six_storm
12-11-11, 08:26 AM
lol @ batman or gears (or even minecraft) being goty.

Both Batman and Gears 3 had the best SP of any game that came out this year. IMO, they should have won. But like someone else said, it's Spike and these awards don't mean anything.

Noticed how no one cheered for BF3? /trollingforfun :bleh:

Quick420
12-11-11, 10:00 AM
Batman did win,action/adventure I think was the catagory^^

nekrosoft13
12-11-11, 10:21 AM
YES!!!! SKYRIM WINS GOTY!!!! (nana2)(nana2)(nana2)

Edit: and RPG of the year and bethesda got studio of the year.

BS

nekrosoft13
12-11-11, 10:23 AM
Just like people still buy Call of Duty games, people still watch the VGA awards and think they have any real meaning. Spike doesn't have a clue

thats something i will never understand, why call of duty games sell. its the same game for past 5-6 years, with slightly different locations.

Roadhog
12-11-11, 11:20 AM
I'm not sure, how can you vote the most bugged game in a whole year a GOTY. I would be fine giving it best RPG, but this is just ridiculous.

In the 70 hours I have played it, I have yet to find one game breaking bug.

ElL33t
12-11-11, 12:16 PM

It wasn't the most buggy game of the year. Stop being a drama queen. The game was fine. Gamers cry too much over little stuff. It was the best game of the year period.

You are just butthurt cuz your game didn't win. Game of the year means EVERYTHING. If you don't win game of the year it means your game was crap!

BS
Nope! not BS. It won because it is the best game of the year nao go qq on your huge pillow.

Now stop crying about Skyrim. It is the best game and winning this award PROVES it. Nothing you can do at this point but cry. To bad so sad.

/trolling

nekrosoft13
12-11-11, 12:52 PM
Nope! not BS. It won because it is the best game of the year nao go qq on your huge pillow.

Now stop crying about Skyrim. It is the best game and winning this award PROVES it. Nothing you can do at this point but cry. To bad so sad.

/trolling

haha, like spike "awards" matter. go watch spike kill some more brain cells.

Bman212121
12-11-11, 01:07 PM
I didn't think some of the nominees were all that great to begin with. You can see who was actually nominated to the category here:

http://www.spike.com/events/video-game-awards-2011-nominees/voting/game-of-the-year

ElL33t
12-11-11, 01:15 PM
haha, like spike "awards" matter. go watch spike kill some more brain cells.

You can't see sarcasm and trolling when it is spelled out for you, can you. It's even in your quote. :lol: