PDA

View Full Version : OMFG!!! i think evga is sending me a 5900!!!


Pages : [1] 2

jAkUp
08-25-03, 10:23 PM
if you read my last thread, i had some problems rma'ing my 5800 ultra.. the card was displaying visual artifacts, about a week ago i finnally was able to rma my card.. well.. today i get an email saying:


Your RMA Replacement Product - 128-A8-N322-AX has shipped.


now on evga's website.. that number is associated with a 5900 128...:D


:D :D :D

Sazar
08-25-03, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by jAkUp
if you read my last thread, i had some problems rma'ing my 5800 ultra.. the card was displaying visual artifacts, about a week ago i finnally was able to rma my card.. well.. today i get an email saying:


Your RMA Replacement Product - 128-A8-N322-AX has shipped.


now on evga's website.. that number is associated with a 5900 ultra...:D


:D :D :D

considering the 5800 is discontinued... its proper that they do :)

congrats... keep us posted on the positives... :)

digitalwanderer
08-25-03, 10:32 PM
Congrats! I doubt they had any 5800s left, they didn't make too many of 'em did they?

stncttr908
08-25-03, 10:42 PM
</spooge> :cool:

Enjoy that fine piece of hardware. It's only right that they do this for ya.

Malfunction
08-25-03, 10:43 PM
Woohoo jAkUp,

Nice upgrade chief!!! :D :thumbsup:

Best Buy did the same thing with me and a Sega Dreamcast...lmao. I ended up getting my XBoX for free! :D

I love discountinued... warrentied upgrades for nothing..lmao.

Enjoy,

:D

stncttr908
08-25-03, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by Malfunction
Woohoo jAkUp,

Nice upgrade chief!!! :D :thumbsup:

Best Buy did the same thing with me and a Sega Dreamcast...lmao. I ended up getting my XBoX for free! :D

I love discountinued... warrentied upgrades for nothing..lmao.

Enjoy,

:D Oh those stupid, stupid retail stores. My friend took his broken N64 back to the local Kmart without a receipt and they gave him a new one.

He didn't buy it there. :rolleyes:

LordSpawn
08-26-03, 12:07 AM
Congrats! I hope it dosen't flicker or make noise like mine does. Mines an MSI though.

bkswaney
08-26-03, 04:00 AM
Told ya they would send a 5900R to ya. ;)

Nice free upgrade. :D

B&R
08-26-03, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by stncttr908
Oh those stupid, stupid retail stores. My friend took his broken N64 back to the local Kmart without a receipt and they gave him a new one.

He didn't buy it there. :rolleyes:

:lol:

BTW have fun with ur 5900.. if u get it.:afro2:

991060
08-26-03, 10:44 AM
I think they just don' t have any 5800U for the replacement.

BTW,5900 is not necessarily faster than a 5800U in some cases.:D

sebazve
08-26-03, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by 991060
I think they just don' t have any 5800U for the replacement.

BTW,5900 is not necessarily faster than a 5800U in some cases.:D

hehehe youre right! :angel:

Malfunction
08-26-03, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by stncttr908
Oh those stupid, stupid retail stores. My friend took his broken N64 back to the local Kmart without a receipt and they gave him a new one.

He didn't buy it there. :rolleyes:

LMAO... that's hilarious. :rofl Could one of the reasons they are in such a financial hole.

Peace,

:rofl

GlowStick
08-26-03, 12:41 PM
Great news, i did suspect they woudlnt bother tracking down a 5800!

muzz
08-26-03, 01:02 PM
Visual Artifacts? Did you run that thing 24/7 with a massive overclock, or did you do mods?

extreme_dB
08-26-03, 01:18 PM
Maybe you can complain about the monetary value and get a 5900U instead! (pimp) :D

You're a lucky SOB but I bet that deep down, you're a little sad to see the dustbuster go. :)

GlowStick
08-26-03, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by extreme_dB
Maybe you can complain about the monetary value and get a 5900U instead! (pimp) :D

You're a lucky SOB but I bet that deep down, you're a little sad to see the dustbuster go. :) Sentimental value! say "omg, it was like the son i never had" ; D

jAkUp
08-26-03, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by extreme_dB
You're a lucky SOB but I bet that deep down, you're a little sad to see the dustbuster go. :)

actually i am.. lol it was kinda.. i dunno.. cool looking:)

bkswaney
08-26-03, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by jAkUp
actually i am.. lol it was kinda.. i dunno.. cool looking:)

Me to man. I loved my FlowFX.
I miss it. The Radeon9800 kicks butt
but the FX looked and sounded mean. :)

muzz
08-27-03, 09:51 AM
You want mean sounding?
Get a Delta screamer..... that will take it's place.;)






j/k

ricercar
08-31-03, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by muzz
Visual Artifacts? Did you run that thing 24/7 with a massive overclock, or did you do mods?

5800 Ultra had DDR2, which runs hot and failed often. My first PNY 5800 Ultra developed visual artifacts also, and PNY RMA'd it without a hassle.

Xguy
08-31-03, 09:05 PM
Great man enjoy it I love it when they do that , I was lucky last month too I RMA'd an MSI TI4600 8X and I got a 5900 ultra in return :) yes you read it right an ULTRA with 256MB ram , I though I was dreaming :)

GlowStick
09-01-03, 02:11 AM
Originally posted by Xguy
Great man enjoy it I love it when they do that , I was lucky last month too I RMA'd an MSI TI4600 8X and I got a 5900 ultra in return :) yes you read it right an ULTRA with 256MB ram , I though I was dreaming :) WOW!!!!!!!!!! that is amazieng!

Dazz
09-01-03, 04:24 AM
Originally posted by bkswaney
Me to man. I loved my FlowFX.
I miss it. The Radeon9800 kicks butt
but the FX looked and sounded mean. :)
What like a Banshee :p

Darth Rancid
09-01-03, 10:45 AM
My old Banshee is silent, it doesn't have a fan. :D

bkswaney
09-01-03, 03:05 PM
So did u get it yet?
If so how do u like it?