PDA

View Full Version : Skyrim ships 10 million

Vanzagar
12-16-11, 12:57 AM
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim continues to post soaring numbers for Bethesda Softworks. Today, Bethesda parent company ZeniMax Media announced that its fantasy role-playing game has shipped 10 million units across the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and PC platforms. That tally amounts to approximately $650 million in retail sales, the publisher noted.

Skyrim is apparently doing quite well on the PC platform as well. Bethesda said today that the PC version of Skyrim in North America outsold all other PC games by a magnitude of three to one during November

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6347735.html?tag=newsticker%3Bheadline%3B1

Vanzagar
12-16-11, 12:59 AM
and now the bad news...

The studio is also prepping downloadable content for the title, the first two of which will be exclusive to the Xbox 360 platform for 30 days

Bastards...

nutcrackr
12-16-11, 01:50 AM
Microsoft, buying exclusives since '01

frenchy2k1
12-16-11, 01:57 PM
It's OK, they can be the beta testers. For Skyrim or more generally Bethesda products, you don't necessarily want to use them in the first 30 days ;)

dikinher
12-17-11, 11:46 PM
and now the bad news...

Bastards...

Not news at all. I believe Fallout 3 and New Vegas DLC came out for the 360 first as well. Microsoft is to blame.

Redeemed
12-17-11, 11:49 PM
You know what's occured to me while reading this thread title? The best selling game of all time has to be...

Windows solitaire. :wonder:

Spartan 117
12-18-11, 03:35 AM
I can wait, then maybe the PC version will have most of the kinks ironed out by the time it drops.

Vanzagar
12-18-11, 12:56 PM
You know what's occured to me while reading this thread title? The best selling game of all time has to be...

Windows solitaire. :wonder:

Isn't that free?

Ya I'd like to know the best selling games of all time and the highest grossing games of all time?

I'd have to think Counter Strike is up there for the PC, then maybe Tetris, one of the Call of Duty Games, maybe one of the Sims games... I dunno...

lIqUID
12-18-11, 02:06 PM
My daughter and I have been waiting for this one to get cheaper on pc for awhile now, but after talking to a buddy that has it and saying the controls were total console crap I opted to buy a PS3 copy on Ebay from Toys R Us for $40. It will keep her off my machine, and I get to hop on my new tv from time to time and play a bit. It should be here by the end of the week.

General Lee
12-18-11, 02:58 PM
Isn't that free?

Ya I'd like to know the best selling games of all time and the highest grossing games of all time?

I'd have to think Counter Strike is up there for the PC, then maybe Tetris, one of the Call of Duty Games, maybe one of the Sims games... I dunno...

Wrong. Incorrect! VETO!!!

The only way to get Windows Solitaire is to buy Windows of some sort.

Unless you pirate it. (lee)

Or buy a real window. :p

frenchy2k1
12-19-11, 01:25 PM
My daughter and I have been waiting for this one to get cheaper on pc for awhile now, but after talking to a buddy that has it and saying the controls were total console crap I opted to buy a PS3 copy on Ebay from Toys R Us for $40. It will keep her off my machine, and I get to hop on my new tv from time to time and play a bit. It should be here by the end of the week.

don't really listen to all the hate.
The UI has been thought out for console (and thought out is a big word, their UI is rather poor in lots of ways), but the game still is one of the best of the year. One advantage you would get by buying it on PC is access to all the mods, including already fairly nice UI mods that correct some of the demands from people.

So, up to you...

crainger
12-20-11, 12:54 AM
Despite the UI, it's still more function than a lot of PC based games. It work 100% better than the Wicthers 2 UI (although it too was designed with console in mind ::bleh::)

PC and mods is amazing. You can fix the UI, you can do almost whatever you want really. Get a mod or make it yourself.

lIqUID
12-20-11, 06:04 PM
don't really listen to all the hate.
The UI has been thought out for console (and thought out is a big word, their UI is rather poor in lots of ways), but the game still is one of the best of the year. One advantage you would get by buying it on PC is access to all the mods, including already fairly nice UI mods that correct some of the demands from people.

So, up to you...

well I have the ps3 version coming tomm. but if I can find it at a discounted price later down the line I would be more than down to buy it for pc.