PDA

View Full Version : Hercules Fortissimo III 7.1

NeoGeo
09-10-02, 01:55 PM
i sooo want one of these cards, my fortissimo II is great but i want this!

does anyone know where to buy it in the UK?

thanks

McBane
09-10-02, 02:50 PM
ummmm....you do know its exactly the same card with the same chipset with the only added feature being support for 7.1 (which i have yet to see, i mean where does the 7th one go?)?

NeoGeo
09-10-02, 02:54 PM
its got 2 front, 2 rear, 1 centre, 1 sub.. AND 1 either side of u...

for actual Doly Digital EX support...

like in the movies!

the outputs and its compatibility with the latest surround codecs is what i want...

Gator
09-11-02, 06:20 AM
BAH!!! Nothing beats my Walmart special $100 CD changer boom box... it OWNZ Unreal Tournament!

ROFL!!! :D

NeoGeo
09-11-02, 04:11 PM
lol... quality for me :D

budd_wm
09-12-02, 04:55 PM
The sound card only emulates 7.1. It's a cheap imitation. The only gaming sound card that has any true type of surround sound is (and I hate to admit this) Creative's Audigy. It has true 5.1 sound. All others emulate 5.1 in some way or fashion. I was hoping Hercules would come out with something like the Gaming Theater XP, but let you have control of bass management, etc, instead of just trying to emulate the whole 5.1 concept. So far Audigy is the only card that allows true bass management (not even Terratec's card allows this). The next step up that allows this is Audiophile's card.

NeoGeo
09-12-02, 05:04 PM
hmm.... ok... well ive jus found out my fortissimo II can be used for 5.1 digital output.. thats good for me, ill jus plug into a surround amp :)

budd_wm
09-12-02, 05:49 PM
Even if you use a reciever with any kind of card that doesn't allow true bass management, then you will have a prob in games. Everything should be fine like movies, etc, but gaming would still pose a prob because it still directly uses the card, and most amps/recievers do not do bass management with analog (you have to use analog on the reciever end). The only other way to get around this is to purchase a multimedia speaker system that has its own bass management, and pretty much all 5.1 pc multimedia speakers do. I haven't heard of any 7.1 speaker setup for pc's yet though.

NeoGeo
09-12-02, 05:54 PM
well i dont use subs, being the walls would fall down! my liberty 5s have a LOT of bass in stereo mode, i recon usin the 5.1 feature wont be bad surely?

budd_wm
09-12-02, 06:42 PM
Oh, well if you don't have a sub, then you don't really have the .1 in the setup. So no, I guess you wouldn't have any problems there. But it couldn't hurt to have that .1 added. :D