PDA

View Full Version : NVIDIA Detonator 50.xx Coming very soon

Pages : [1] 2

sh*tshot
08-27-03, 02:54 PM
Ok Peeps get ready for Nvidia Detonator Drivers 50.xx! thanks to our Detonator Guru Mark Fox at Warp2search.net (http://www.warp2search.net/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=14091)

definitive proof that NVIDIA detonator 50.xx exist and are well in development with a proof you can examine yourself at your own pleasure whenever you want...coming very soon... plus does it tell us they are due soon? I'll leave up to you to decide...

will be up in a matter of hours... :D

:angel:

Nutty
08-27-03, 04:00 PM
Detonator 50 in a few hours?? :eek:

I'll believe it when I see it.

Mark_fox
08-27-03, 04:05 PM
I never said drivers will be available...hehe...

sh*tshot
08-27-03, 04:13 PM
My Bad! sorry :angel:

digitalwanderer
08-27-03, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by Mark_fox
I never said drivers will be available...hehe...
Actually from what I read it sounds like elements of the Det 5's are being used/have been being used for some time now....where does that leave the 5 series room for the magic fixxes to performance then? :confused:

poursoul
08-27-03, 04:43 PM
Says next week....... Like it was said before, i'll believe it when i see it.

Mark_fox
08-27-03, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by digitalwanderer
Actually from what I read it sounds like elements of the Det 5's are being used/have been being used for some time now....where does that leave the 5 series room for the magic fixxes to performance then? :confused:

sorry, I meant they're not gonna be leaked by me now, but sure, of course they're available, to few oems that is and maybe some internal beta testers...they shouldn't be too long for us (I hope)

digitalwanderer
08-27-03, 05:32 PM
sorry, I meant they're not gonna be leaked by me now, but sure, of course they're available, to few oems that is and maybe some internal beta testers...they shouldn't be too long for us (I hope)
Well? Are they the magic bullet or the final nail in the coffin?

Mark_fox
08-27-03, 06:03 PM
let's be honest here, if I did have a set of drivers that I got from a friend or whatever or an oem that let me test it or anywhere really....and any nvidia set...even 45.25 for example...how long do you think it would take for nVidia to figure out where exactly that driver comes from? Not long at all...

every single driver that goes out to anybody outside of nVidia is digitally marked so if a set leaks they can d/l and will know exactly what person/oem/partner etc this driver was issued to...and they can take it from then on....

that's why I'm afraid there isn't too many leaks these days as we only really hoping that some poor oem tech support person makes a mistake and posts a driver he or she wasn't supposed to post...hehe

digitalwanderer
08-27-03, 06:10 PM
I'm not asking for a leak and I'm not asking for numbers, I'm just asking if we should really expect a huge performance boost along with a magic DX9 fix?

General opinion, hint, clue...that's all. :)

Mark_fox
08-27-03, 06:22 PM
I would say it would be worth waiting to see what Detonator 50 can do before you make a decision on your next purchase if possible. If you can't wait - get ATi Radeon 9800Pro ;)

digitalwanderer
08-27-03, 06:52 PM
I would say it would be worth waiting to see what Detonator 50 can do before you make a decision on your next purchase if possible. If you can't wait - get ATi Radeon 9800Pro ;)
You do realize that is a contradiction, don't you? :|

AngelGraves13
08-29-03, 11:57 PM
oh, let's not start this driver coming out soon discussion again. We're not gonna see anything until at least October because they just released new drivers.

skipparoo
08-30-03, 02:02 PM
Yeah really, I don't even know why Mark Fox would want to stir things up about this driver so soon. Must be a reflex action to all the negative feedback nVIDIA has been getting lately over poor PS2.0 performance =]

-Skippy

Danik
08-30-03, 04:32 PM
I think some of you are reacting a little rashly based on recent issues with nvidia. Check out this site http://www.notforidiots.com/GPURW.php . For those of you who don't know the admin of this site has access to many rumors, inside information, etc and most of what he says ends up coming true. According to him we will see these drivers mid September.

volt
08-30-03, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by Danik
I think some of you are reacting a little rashly based on recent issues with nvidia. Check out this site http://www.notforidiots.com/GPURW.php . For those of you who don't know the admin of this site has access to many rumors, inside information, etc and most of what he says ends up coming true. According to him we will see these drivers mid September.

FYI, Uttar has been a long time member here ;)

Mark_fox
08-30-03, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by skipparoo
Yeah really, I don't even know why Mark Fox would want to stir things up about this driver so soon. Must be a reflex action to all the negative feedback nVIDIA has been getting lately over poor PS2.0 performance =]

-Skippy

I wouldn't if they were ages away but I have a very strong belief that its not very long now, sooner then a lot of people think.

skypx
08-30-03, 08:46 PM
I wouldn't if they were ages away but I have a very strong belief that its not very long now, sooner then a lot of people think.

Mark_fox, do you think the 50... drivers will improve PS2.0 performance? Thanks.

Danik
08-30-03, 08:56 PM
Mark_fox, do you think the 50... drivers will improve PS2.0 performance? Thanks.

I know this isn't directed at me, but I think it is guaranteed that they will improve the PS 2.0 performance. The question is "How much?". I could be wrong, but from what I heard the PS 2.0 performance is much lower than the theoretical maximum of the Geforce FX series.

*Edit*

This is from a post that Demirug wrote on the NFI Forum. Hopefully this will answer your question better.

"Anemone, there are some simple truths about NV35 and the current driver.

1. NV35 ist not able to handle more than 12 instructions/clock. R300/R350 can work on up to 24 Instructions/clock.

2. On NV35 as on all NV3X chips the number and size of the temp-registers have an direct strong impact on the performance.

3. PS 1.4 programs can hardly use the integerpath in the NV3X chips. PS 1.4 programms have normally a high number of temp-registers and a bad instrucktion order for NV3X chips.

There are some truths about current programs that use PS 2.0:

1. They use PS 1.4 too
2. The PS 2.0 Shaders have in most case an instruction order that is preferred from R300/R350 and bad for NV3X.
3. If you use Cg to compile you shaders it will give you a good instruction order and a low tempreg count but Cg is not very good in save instructions and build much longer shaders than the MS-compiler.

NV3X chips are currently working in a bad environment and at first they need an driver that make this environment a little bit more friendly. The second step is to improve the peak performance of the chip to more than 12 instruction/clock. IMHO both should be possible but it will much hard work for the driverteam at nvidia.

I have written a more in depth analyze of all this but unfortunately it is only in german and as you can see me englisch it not very well to write such large things."

The Baron
08-30-03, 09:05 PM
I know this isn't directed at me, but I think it is guaranteed that they will improve the PS 2.0 performance. The question is "How much?". I could be wrong, but from what I heard the PS 2.0 performance is much lower than the theoretical maximum of the Geforce FX series.
Ho boy, that depends who you're talking to. You might be in for a big surprise if you think PS2.0 performance can be "fixed." I think that after a year, they're going to run into trouble squeezing any more performance out of drivers than they have already (or else why would they waste manpower developing shader replacements if they could fix all shaders?).

Danik
08-30-03, 10:26 PM
I highly doubt the current PS 2.0 Performance is close to the maximum the GeforceFX architecture is capable of. I'm not trying to say that the architecture is a work of art, I'm just saying there must be improvements that can be made to fix the poor performance. It seems to me that Nvidia was riding on the idea that gaming companies would be eager to use Cg in order to program their shaders, while overlooking standard implimentation of pixel shaders. I believe the Det 50's are being designed to correct this issue.

digitalwanderer
08-30-03, 10:46 PM
It seems to me that Nvidia was riding on the idea that gaming companies would be eager to use Cg in order to program their shaders, while overlooking standard implimentation of pixel shaders. I believe the Det 50's are being designed to correct this issue.
But you're missing one point; it isn't something that is capable of being fixed at a driver level, it's a hardware limitation of the FX series.

Really, it is.

The Baron
08-30-03, 10:49 PM
But you're missing one point; it isn't something that is capable of being fixed at a driver level, it's a hardware limitation of the FX series.

Really, it is.
... unless there is hardware that has yet to be exposed in drivers. But, that's very iffy at best.

digitalwanderer
08-30-03, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by The Baron
... unless there is hardware that has yet to be exposed in drivers. But, that's very iffy at best.
Ok, that is possible...but an EXTREME longshot.

If they had anything in their hardware to expose, they'd be shouting it from the roof tops telling us about it and telling us it'd be coming. I really don't see that happening. (Has anyone heard anything from nVidia since Revs last update? )

The Baron
08-30-03, 10:58 PM
Ok, that is possible...but an EXTREME longshot.

If they had anything in their hardware to expose, they'd be shouting it from the roof tops telling us about it and telling us it'd be coming. I really don't see that happening. (Has anyone heard anything from nVidia since Revs last update? )
Well, that's assuming they know that it works and/or they could get it to work by the time NV40 is out.