PDA

View Full Version : XR6T

Pages : [1] 2

crainger
01-05-12, 01:21 PM
Just bought an 09 Ford Falcon XR6 Turbo. Picking it up Saturday. Can't wait. Fastest production car built in the Southern Hemispehere (I know don't laugh) it out performs it's bigger V8 GT brothers, even the F6 as it has reduced turbo lag and bests the entire HSV line. Not bad for a giant family car.

Too bad I'm firing blanks and can't put a family in it. ::p:

munkus
01-05-12, 01:32 PM
(w/opics)

Hogrider
01-05-12, 07:45 PM
Sorry, I've got a Cougar XR-7 and since my XR number is higher than yours I win.

snowmanwithahat
01-06-12, 09:39 AM
(w/opics)

Especially since the lot of us over here in the US aren't even sure what an XR6T is lol

mullet
01-06-12, 11:19 PM
Especially since the lot of us over here in the US aren't even sure what an XR6T is lol

LOL I thought it was a new ASUS motherboard.

Redeemed
01-06-12, 11:25 PM
LOL I thought it was a new ASUS motherboard.

You hadn't heard? Ford just purchased ASUS and are introducing a new line of Mobo's, the XR6T being their highest-end version of the "Built Ford Tough" model line.

They come with a complimentary tool kit as they'll have to be fixed or repaired daily. :bleh:

mullet
01-07-12, 09:53 AM
That would be the only way I would buy one.

Hogrider
01-07-12, 08:02 PM
I don't know what the exterior looks like but I did find this one pic of the interior

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/406913_220271814722421_206945809388355_494489_1944 121479_n.jpg

crainger
01-10-12, 12:31 AM
I haven't had the chance to come up with any pics yet guys. Sorry. Been flat out with work. ::(:

The XR6T is a Ford Falcon XR6 Turbo. Mine is an 09 FG.

http://photos.dmotorworks.com.au/WEB00850/13565/large/lg_13565_1.jpg

This pic is close, but I have the factory 18 inch rims.

It's an amazing car so far. I haven't had anything this powerful before so still coming to grip. Being an australian car. There are only two speeds. Stop and flat out, and as dan mentioned. only two AC settings. Email and Bacon. I have mine set to auto, which switches between the two as required.

Roadhog
01-10-12, 12:43 AM
Nice! Glad you are enjoying it.

mullet
01-10-12, 09:01 AM
Looks good crainger, give us some specs, mileage, HP.....

crainger
01-10-12, 01:07 PM
Street cars are probably worse. They are essentially family cars with huge engine and brakes to match. They handle well as far as I'm concerned, but I don't race them. ::p:

Millage it's a little higher than I wanted. 80 000k (50 000m?) mostly highway, but it is extremely well looked after.

Max Power: 270kW @ 5250rpm (360hp)
Max Torque: 533Nm @ 2000rpm ( 393.07 lb/ft)
0-100km/h: 5.6 seconds
Max Speed: 240km/h

I know Roadhog would give me strife about it being so heavy, but it's nice to have the extra room when we all go away for the weekend. Will try to get some pics this afternoon weather permitting.

Roadhog
01-10-12, 01:48 PM
I know Roadhog would give me strife about it being so heavy, but it's nice to have the extra room when we all go away for the weekend. Will try to get some pics this afternoon weather permitting.

I gave you strife about it being so heavy? :|

Need pics though. :p

crainger
01-10-12, 04:47 PM
I think you did with my last car. Was a while back though.

ahheadlock
01-10-12, 10:42 PM
Looks great!
The V8 Supercars version is available in iRacing, it's one of the toughest cars to drive in my opinion. Hope the street version is easier to handle ;)

Can't wait to see some photos of your car.

nah the V8 supercars are almost nothing like the road cars. the only thing they share with them is the shell. Ironically holden and ford cars in the series are almost identical because of the rules.

The turbo straight 6 in craingers car is better than the v8 version. Ford actually detuned them from the factory because they were faster than the XR8. You can make the XR6T pretty quick with very minimal work. In a straight line anyway :)

crainger
01-11-12, 01:37 AM
Well they discontinued the XR8s now. To get the Ford V8 you have to go for the new FPV GS (Ford Performance Vehicle), it's an entry level one, non supercharged, it's bigger brother the GT is supercharged.

Here are some pics guys. Was a nice day so I pulled my iPhone out, didn't get arrested this time.

http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd231/craingermax/IMG_0616.jpg
http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd231/craingermax/IMG_0612.jpg
http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd231/craingermax/IMG_0615.jpg

Little grubby, weather has been bad here, Basic interior, but still pretty feature packed in terms of engine feedback and customisation. In most modern cars you can't control all the warning blips and bongs, but this is one car where you can turn it all off. For that I am very thankful. Also came with the dirty towbar, handy to have, but I might take it off for now...

Sound system is loud and bassy. Kinda like a set of z-5500s, so it'll do me for now. Bucket seats are extremely comfortable, Steering wheel is upside down as you see in the pic, but thats ok, I drive on my head anyway.

The ZF six speed auto is great, though it tends to overthink a bit when slowing down. (I guess it's meant to do that to assist stopping)

Overall a very fun car, great value for money. A slower, less feature Euro car in the same class would be almost double the price here.

mullet
01-11-12, 08:44 AM
Nice pictures dude, I so want to go fishing there.

crainger
01-11-12, 12:58 PM
But what if I need to tow Redeemed trailer?

Redeemed
01-11-12, 01:25 PM
:lol:

Crainger- I've always appreciated your sense of humor my friend. That's a nice car you've got- I'm hoping to be getting a new car this year my self. Nothing that new and fancy, but hopefully late 90's, early 2000s. Need something that gets better fuel economy. Also my car rides rather low so anytime I go off the paven road I usually scrape bottom at least once (lotta' old, dirt, country roads round here). After the new car, I hope to pick up a nice, old truck. I'm very fond of the 1970 Chevy C-10's- my dad had one and I've lot's of fond memories with it. Pre-smog, easy to work on, great for beating around in the back woods. :)

Viral
01-11-12, 06:04 PM
Nice, the FG's are great cars, especially the turbo's. But yes, they are heavy... most of that's just because of the safety stuff these days.

Looks great!
The V8 Supercars version is available in iRacing, it's one of the toughest cars to drive in my opinion. Hope the street version is easier to handle ;)

Can't wait to see some photos of your car.

The V8 SC's are very different to the road cars these days. Live axle rear end, full iron push rod V8. Holden V8's are all alloy and Fords are DOHC, with both sporting a fully independent rear. The chassis and gearbox are also completely different, as well as suspension and just about everything else. So in my mind they aren't even close to being like the road cars, they just have the same looking shell - that's about it. I preferred the Group A days myself where the cars where actual modified road cars just tuned. Still had to have the actual engine and chassis though.

ahheadlock
01-11-12, 09:04 PM
group a was the best. sierra cossies, gtr's, m3's, mini's, everything was out there. much better

crainger
01-11-12, 09:41 PM
Do you guys know how dash mats affect Climate and light sensors? I wanna get one to protect the dash from the sun and also reduce reflections but I don't won't to screw with the sensors. ::(:

bob saget
01-11-12, 09:54 PM
sick ride homeslice.

http://images4.static-bluray.com/reviews/902_1.jpg
Lets put another shrimp on the barbie...

Redeemed
01-11-12, 10:03 PM
I always envisioned Crainger as being more like Crocodile Dundee. :bleh:

Hogrider
01-11-12, 10:28 PM
Dash mats look as classy as Harry on the toilet. Don't do it Crainger.

http://www.infamouskidd.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/dumb-and-dumber-toilet.jpg