PDA

View Full Version : The Darkness 2 up for pre-order on steam

Cylphid
01-16-12, 04:06 PM
http://store.steampowered.com/agecheck/app/67370/

I never played the first one. Looks like it might be fun, nothing AAA though imo.

EDIT: sorry if this has been posted already

nutcrackr
01-17-12, 12:22 AM
I'm going to wait for the demo, 24th of Jan on PC. Might have jumped on it if it wasn't priced at $90usd for me

Cylphid
01-17-12, 08:02 AM
I'm going to wait for the demo, 24th of Jan on PC. Might have jumped on it if it wasn't priced at $90usd for me

ouch! on the $90!

Yeah, waiting on the demo here too. The trailer didn't give me that "gotta have it" feeling.

FastRedPonyCar
01-22-12, 10:39 PM
I got the first one on teh 360. bought it used on ebay for around fifteen bucks.

the developers did an AMA on reddit not too long ago discussing this second game and how they're (claiming) making legit attempts to do the PC version some justice.

I chimed in and basically told them that PC users expect proper DX11, higher resolution textures and a decent amount of graphics customization and proper FOV support and that simply being able to run the game at higher than 720p does not equal better looking.

I didn't get a reply from them so who knows if they read it or cared but I got a few replies from others pretty much saying I was wasting my breath and that there aren't any developers who care about PC and to deal with whatever it is they happen to put out on pc and just to be glad I get anything.

Cylphid
01-25-12, 07:20 AM
I got the first one on teh 360. bought it used on ebay for around fifteen bucks.

the developers did an AMA on reddit not too long ago discussing this second game and how they're (claiming) making legit attempts to do the PC version some justice.

I chimed in and basically told them that PC users expect proper DX11, higher resolution textures and a decent amount of graphics customization and proper FOV support and that simply being able to run the game at higher than 720p does not equal better looking.

I didn't get a reply from them so who knows if they read it or cared but I got a few replies from others pretty much saying I was wasting my breath and that there aren't any developers who care about PC and to deal with whatever it is they happen to put out on pc and just to be glad I get anything.

I think I'll wait for reviews and feedback....:)

FastRedPonyCar
01-25-12, 08:41 AM
same here. First one is fun but I have a pile of games waiting to be played as it is.

BioHazZarD
01-25-12, 09:13 AM
Demo was out since yesterday or so.. very short but fun at least. FOV is a joke feels 60 or something.. what a suprise..

K007
01-25-12, 09:48 AM
eh..for $90USD..too much..

Cylphid
01-25-12, 12:57 PM
Ah, didn't know the demo was out Biohazzard, thanks! Will try it tonight maybe and give some impressions.

Destroy
01-25-12, 06:18 PM
Might be decent fun if they fix the FOV, it sucks as is.

Ywap
01-29-12, 11:10 AM
Jebuz, are they trying to scare people away by releasing a demo with a FOV of 25?

I hate the look of cell shading so i wouldn´t have bothered anyway.

|MaguS|
01-29-12, 12:03 PM
The game looks great but its one of those retarded games that if you have an X360 Controller plugged in the game will only prompt you its keys even if your using the K&M.

Vardant
01-29-12, 12:51 PM
That I could live with, but the rumble was annoying as hell.

Cylphid
01-29-12, 04:28 PM
I played a bit of this demo yesterday and have to say it does have some interesting game play mechanics.

I thought the intro was well done and I do like the cell shading, gives it a dark comic book look that suits the gameplay well. I won't rule this out as a purchase, but I may wait for a sale.

Not too shabby.

crainger
01-31-12, 08:41 PM
That I could live with, but the rumble was annoying as hell.

I play K&M with controller down my pants.

Ywap
01-31-12, 11:37 PM
I play K&M with controller down my pants.

Same here. Have practiced this with great results for quite a while now.... :bleh:

mojoman0
02-10-12, 11:22 PM
damn what a cool demo. this game performs very well on my rig. and the menus are fantastic!

Crow_Nest
02-12-12, 04:39 AM
I just finished the demo and it played surprisingly well. The combat is mindless but somewhat entertaining. I like how the controls work and flow together well. Still i dont think i'll be picking this one up. Dark gritty based shooters arent exactly my style with the exception of Doom and UT.

jeffmd
02-13-12, 01:59 AM
Why is this game getting so much talk? This is as generic as shooter turds gets. It doesn't look good... it has the most generic weapons, generic enemies... I haven't seen something this bad a game since postal 3.

nutcrackr
02-13-12, 02:26 AM
Why is this game getting so much talk? This is as generic as shooter turds gets. It doesn't look good... it has the most generic weapons, generic enemies... I haven't seen something this bad a game since postal 3.
It is barely getting any talk as evidence by this thread that is still one page long. It's not really generic. Guy with demon arms and and imp that runs around pissing on dead bodies while enemies shine lights at you to "hurt" you. It actually looks pretty decent and runs like a dream on my machine.

Vardant
02-13-12, 03:14 AM
Why is this game getting so much talk?
Because the first game was really good and was done by Starbreeze, creators of Ridd*ck.

Nitz Walsh
02-13-12, 04:27 PM
Yeah, typical FPS where you have demon arms that you can simultaneously rip off a car door to slice an enemy in half while you're peppering his face with bullets with two guns akimbo. Yeah, I've seen that before...in the original The Darkness.

It's getting talk because it's a decently reviewed game with a very fun hook. More "generic" shooters could use demon arm tentacles that rip the hearts out from your enemies. :)

Cylphid
02-13-12, 04:34 PM
May be a patch for the FOV in the works.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/7.347671-The-Darkness-IIs-FOV-Issue-Getting-Patched

Following Biscuit's simple breakdown of the issue, and his erudite arguments against developers who don't include FOV options, developer Sheldon Carter tweeted that Digital Extremes is working on a fix.

Might have to grab it after that.

nutcrackr
02-13-12, 05:52 PM
May be a patch for the FOV in the works.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/7.347671-The-Darkness-IIs-FOV-Issue-Getting-Patched

Might have to grab it after that.

you can use widescreen fixer to change the FOV, works great. Official suppport would be nice though.

Cylphid
02-13-12, 08:30 PM
you can use widescreen fixer to change the FOV, works great. Official suppport would be nice though.

Thanks for the tip. :)