PDA

View Full Version : Audigy 2 Full drivers

WarheadMM
08-31-03, 07:31 AM
I lost my original cd for my audigy 2 card......does anyone know where i can download the full driver set??? I cant use the creative site cause they dont post the full drivers at there site (dont know why)

Nutty
08-31-03, 07:42 AM
What do you mean dont post full drivers? I've found full drivers on their site before. 20-odd megs of them for a SBLive.

WarheadMM
08-31-03, 07:47 AM
those r update drivers.....you need the full original drivers before you can use those

Nutty
08-31-03, 09:01 AM
No they aren't. I'm sure they have full driver installs on their site. It'd be a bit stupid not to..

vampireuk
08-31-03, 09:09 AM
I just checked there myself, click on support. Then you will have a selection box much like the one on NVIDIA and ATI. Select the product that you have and the driver is the top file.

For example I selected Audigy 2, then selected my OS and voila. Audigy 2 DriverPack 3 (WDM Drivers)

Sotos
08-31-03, 11:55 AM
Nope he has right

I had noticed the same thing

Those packs need the original Cd drivers to upgrade

Or else a message appears saying

THESE IS WDM drivers so they can not install without the original drivers

Riptide
08-31-03, 07:50 PM
What a bunch of garbage huh? You can't just install the latest drivers right off the bat. No, creative MAKES you put the ones on the CD on there first.

Dumb...

Sotos
09-02-03, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by Riptide
What a bunch of garbage huh? You can't just install the latest drivers right off the bat. No, creative MAKES you put the ones on the CD on there first.

Dumb...

I think a reason for that is

1) against Piracy

2)For their latest drivers not to be modified for several reasons

jAkUp
09-02-03, 12:40 PM
piracy of what??!! drivers??!! lol

its because they want you to go through them and buy the *bleep* cd in case you lose it... complete *bleep* and a cheap ass way to get money of somebody... like their soundcards arent overpriced already:rolleyes:

/edited cuz im gonna get flibbled:D

ragejg
09-02-03, 01:08 PM
jakup...

rules on swearing/swear filter? ;)

please edit, or mobile flibble units will be deployed...

saturnotaku
09-02-03, 01:15 PM
That's why the first thing I did when I got my Audigy 2 was make a copy of the driver CD and put the backup with my other Windows/driver install discs.

Back on topic, you might be able to get full drivers by downloading them from an OEM web site. I know Gateway has posted full CDs before (~300 mb) because I used those drivers with my Audigy 1. If Gateway doesn't have them, check Dell and Compaq.

Nutty
09-02-03, 01:28 PM
What a jip..

I'm not a creative fan, I think their soundcards are junk, and they expect you to pay just for drivers jeez..

I'm never buying creative ever again.

Sotos
09-02-03, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by Nutty
What a jip..

I'm not a creative fan, I think their soundcards are junk, and they expect you to pay just for drivers jeez..

I'm never buying creative ever again.

You are OVER-REACTING

They have good hardware but their drivers are not the best

But i have to admit their latest Audigy2 drivers works without a problem and they are general much more stable from the SB LIVE drivers

NAZCA M12
09-02-03, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by Sotos
You are OVER-REACTING

But i have to admit their latest Audigy2 drivers works without a problem and they are general much more stable from the SB LIVE drivers

...which is a lot of bull**** of course. I installed 2 A2 on 2 brand new computers. It managed to hang both of them. Both PC's had a fresh installation of Win ME and XP. On one of those, it wrote data over the system.dat file. A few corrupted files was the result. After promising God that i would go to a church if it ever installed correctly, it did. At least that's what i thought. The speaker calibrator wouldn't load, the surround mixer wouldn't load, the EAX console wouldn't load, in short, all the "extras" minus the drivers of course would not load at all, with the additional exception of Acrobat 5 which run without a hitch! Gee! Thanks a lot Creative! Both cards were working with default settings only that you could not change them. In that respect, a Live! card is a better performer.

I always thought Creative made the best hardware, and a very crappy software. As for their stance of ordering the drivers CD, i just did the same thing as stated above and implemented its contents into my AIO DVD.

When, i set up my new rig a few weeks ago, i put one of those in it (the platinum ex version) just to see whether it would install correctly or not. After ONLY installing 98SE, i installed just the drivers. It hang. It was funny but hey! At least the drivers are stable (in managing to hang under all systems)...

saturnotaku
09-02-03, 09:39 PM
Here's (http://support.gateway.com/support/drivers/getFile.asp?id=19261) a link to download Audigy 2 drivers from Gateway. I think the file size is larger than the drivers you'd download from Creative. Give 'em a shot.

PsychoSy
09-02-03, 10:00 PM
If anyone follows Ed's link to download that 300MB monster, you'll have to extract the archive to a directory on your harddrive then delete a certain file (ctoem.inf I believe it is). If you don't delete that INF file, the drivers will detect that your system is NOT a Compaq, Dell, etc. and won't install the drivers.

Once you delete that INF, you can burn the directory tree to a CD-R and it'll act just like it was a "Creative SoundBlaster Audigy Installation" CD that comes out of the retail box. :)

Now...I've read that there's a way to modify Audigy2 drivers to work on an Audigy1 soundcard.

Anyone have links? :angel:

saturnotaku
09-02-03, 10:31 PM
Actually, that driver download I linked to is only about 14 mb. I assume that's the drivers only and doesn't include any of Creative's other bloatware.

ragejg
09-02-03, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by PsychoSy
Anyone have links? :angel:

Use the "search" button available here at nvnews!! :p

This has been brought up a few times lately even... check my posts! I made a thread about it a while back, and it has links!

LTech221
09-03-03, 05:10 AM
U dont really have to modify the a2 drivers for use on the A1. All you need to do is grab the update manually. Extract that update with WinRAR or something that can do it. Find a CTZAPXX within the extracted folders, run that select Driver installation. It'll install updated drivers without going through the Audigy2 card not found bs. Its essentially a universal driver for teh Live/Audigy series, but when u run the normal setup it specifically checks for the A2 card. The latest A1 drivers are the same as the ones listed for the A2. .383 just adds 64 voice support for the A1 (The Improved EAXHD) and better stability thus far, not to mention a slight increase in sound quality. Only thing that I think differs with the A1 version on the creative site is that, the A1 version does Stereo x2 when u play Music files or any stereo files. The A2 version of the driver just plays stereo unless you enable CMSS.

Nutty
09-03-03, 05:18 AM
You are OVER-REACTING

I've never liked creative, the auxilliary port on my sblive is completely broken doesn't do anything. Their drivers are huge, and now you have to pay for replacement drivers??

The hardware isn't that good, they dont even do proper dolby digital encoding, yet some motherboards that are cheaper can!

Twice in the last year my sound drivers have just broken by themselves, totally non existant audio coming out, until I re-installed the drivers.