PDA

View Full Version : Karate Choping & System Lock up.

joltcola
08-31-03, 08:36 PM
Hi,

Just a quick question. If you bang on your table, in which you system is sitting on, and the system locks up. Could that just be enough bang to freak something out, or would that be something else that I should be worried about?
( stupid counter strike causing angry physical out bursts )

-- jolt

marqmajere
08-31-03, 09:49 PM
First off, I'd like to blame counterstrike for yet another computer **** up. Secondly, I used to have a hammer near my old comp. "The Hammer of Cleansing" it was called. Used to drive the evil demons that corupted my system. A few whacks of that holy artifact and things were right as rain upon startp again. So in answer to your question, STOP PLAYING CS! Had you not been playing it, you would never have beat on your table causing problems for your rig. :)

UDawg
08-31-03, 10:32 PM
Oh we used to use hammers also in my oooooold job long ago. We called it The Persuader.

Riptide
08-31-03, 11:11 PM
I saw an old compaq deskpro 4000 where I used to work that locked up hard whenever you tapped on the case... I always figured there was a short somewhere and it took just enough vibration to cause the two ends to meet up. Wherever the short was, the system was such an old POS that we just gave the user a new machine. :)