PDA

View Full Version : Pc Locking Up During Et & Rtcw

zero.TA
09-01-03, 07:44 AM
Scenario:-

Your playing in a league game, your winning, your team is stong then you freeze Team Speak is still working ( I think) but your screen is locked, the background music to the game is in a loop, 5 secs, 6 secs, 7 secs the sound gets faster and behold ur back in the game .

Things are great ur killing everybody then AGH!!! it locks again, so u wait, and wait, and wait, this time nothing is happening, everything is in a loop. Keyboards locked, Mouse is locked, you have frozen

Now, I know I have all up to date drivers (45.23) and service packs, the only thing that is different is my card a GeForce FX 5900 Ultra. Never had this problem with my old Radeon 9700.

It only happens with these 2 games, everything else is fine. I'm wondering is it the drivers for the card - noticed that MSI is still at 44.03, also the "Readme.txt" file that comes with the drivers dosen't list the 5900 only the 5800.

Please, please, help I need to fix this.

digitalwanderer
09-01-03, 07:53 AM
Why do you have two sets of drivers listed in you sig?

walkndude
09-01-03, 08:59 AM
because he has a quadro pci card...

digitalwanderer
09-01-03, 09:02 AM
Ok, but don't the 3x.xx series have trouble just being updated to the 4x.xx series on some PCs and cause conflicts? Don't you suppose the same thing could happen on one PC with two cards?

Which drivers have you installed most recently and what version of directX are you running? (I know the games you listed are openGL...bear with me please. ;) )

zero.TA
09-01-03, 11:08 AM
Which drivers have you installed most recently and what version of directX are you running? (I know the games you listed are openGL...bear with me please

Running 45.23 on both cards
DirectX 9

I have noticed that my system reports:

IRQ 18 NVIDIA GeForce FX 5900 Ultra
IRQ 18 NVIDIA Quadro NVS

Is this right :confused: but it reports no conflicts

digitalwanderer
09-01-03, 11:16 AM
Have you tried either re-installing DX9 or installing DX9a? Sometimes that'll clear up mysterious lock-ups.

zero.TA
09-01-03, 12:10 PM
Just reinstalled directX 9b - will give it a try.

GlowStick
09-01-03, 02:18 PM
Heh, its an OpenGL based game.

muzz
09-01-03, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by GlowStick
Heh, its an OpenGL based game.

Hmmmmmm thats funny, as all I ever hear about is how ATi has crappy OGL support.

Who would've figured.:rolleyes:

GlowStick
09-01-03, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by muzz
Hmmmmmm thats funny, as all I ever hear about is how ATi has crappy OGL support.

Who would've figured.:rolleyes: Actually i was directing it to the 'reinstall directx' since those games dont use directx.

muzz
09-01-03, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by GlowStick
Actually i was directing it to the 'reinstall directx' since those games dont use directx.

Heheh I know what you were referring to bruh.........
Just had to stick a barb in there is all, as what I said seems to be the general consensus.. and he stated it ran fine on his 9700.