PDA

View Full Version : Check your battle.net accounts - D3 beta approvals sent out

FastRedPonyCar
02-01-12, 12:04 PM
Looks like a lot of guys that requested to participate in the diablo III beta got approval today.

I checked and sure enough, there it was waiting for me.

Looks like they may be rolling out a lot as it seems the diablo reddit is flooding with guys who got it today.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v212/fastredponycar/Games/d2f19eb5.jpg

ViN86
02-01-12, 12:45 PM
Is online play in Diablo III going to have a fee?

FastRedPonyCar
02-01-12, 01:04 PM
online should be free just like diablo II was/is.

ViN86
02-01-12, 01:05 PM
Nice, I heard rumors they wanted to charge for online play.

K007
02-01-12, 03:04 PM
did u get a email?

FastRedPonyCar
02-01-12, 03:19 PM
nope :/

Download is CREEPING. 270kb/sec. servers must be getting hammered.

|MaguS|
02-01-12, 03:21 PM
I've been in the beta.kind of got me depressed

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk

FastRedPonyCar
02-01-12, 03:58 PM
why cause it isn't out yet and you can only have so much fun in the first act?

|MaguS|
02-01-12, 04:35 PM
why cause it isn't out yet and you can only have so much fun in the first act?

No because it pales in comparison to Diablo 2. They gimped it to no end... I mean I don't know WTF Blizzard is thinking. They give you unidentified items but you can identify them with a right click, no scrolls or skills needed. whats the point of then making them unidentified? You don't choose skills or put points into your character, you just select the skill they give you at that level and that's it. There is no customization outside of armor choices...

While playing it you can easily tell a lot of the design is geared to payed auctions that Blizzard/Activision gets a cut of.

FastRedPonyCar
02-01-12, 04:48 PM
i hated identifying stuff. I say good for them for taking that headache out. micromanaging stat points wasn't my idea of fun in d2 either.

I had a couple of really devastating hammerdins I built but there wasn't a lot of fun to it... just grind through dungeons for XP to put points towards skills and try to find unique weapons/armor/items that catered towards my build. It was a micromanaging stats build simulator with no real fun or game to it.

that was all after I played through it a couple of times without really paying much attention to what I was doing with stats and stuff and THAT was when I had fun playing it.

|MaguS|
02-01-12, 05:46 PM
i hated identifying stuff. I say good for them for taking that headache out. micromanaging stat points wasn't my idea of fun in d2 either.

I had a couple of really devastating hammerdins I built but there wasn't a lot of fun to it... just grind through dungeons for XP to put points towards skills and try to find unique weapons/armor/items that catered towards my build. It was a micromanaging stats build simulator with no real fun or game to it.

that was all after I played through it a couple of times without really paying much attention to what I was doing with stats and stuff and THAT was when I had fun playing it.

Then clearly you really weren't into Diablo 2 then. And again you still need to Identify stuff, just now it doesn't cost you anything but a cool down, my question is why even put unidentified items in the game if all it takes is a right click to identify them. It sounds to me they kept it in the game just to add that Diablo feel without actual gameplay reasoning behind it.

And stats are needed in the game to differentiate your character. If Armor is the only thing that makes a character different then that is just stupid.

Bah!
02-01-12, 11:49 PM
Then clearly you really weren't into Diablo 2 then. And again you still need to Identify stuff, just now it doesn't cost you anything but a cool down, my question is why even put unidentified items in the game if all it takes is a right click to identify them. It sounds to me they kept it in the game just to add that Diablo feel without actual gameplay reasoning behind it.

And stats are needed in the game to differentiate your character. If Armor is the only thing that makes a character different then that is just stupid.

They've done the same thing to WoW with the new expansion. Instead of three skill trees and 75 talent points to spend you get no skill trees and 6 talents to choose from across 90 levels.

Blizzard isn't happy with the millions of fans they have, they are trying to get everyone playing games. In order for that to work you have to dumb the games down to a level that even the cow clickers can play it.

http://www.bogost.com/blog/cow_clicker_1.shtml

Welcome to the new Blizzard.

K007
02-02-12, 01:11 AM
i played using the emu server just to see what its about..i too was not too impressed tbh..compared to d2..

it doesn't feel d2...feels like d2/wow..with more on the wow side.

Yaboze
02-02-12, 08:27 AM
I like it, but it does seemed dumbed down a bit. All the tutorials and on screen things telling you what to do (which you can turn off).

Also, it's running badly at times and I did some searching and I'm not alone. I don't know if it's audio, physics or network related. When I attack it slows down, chops really bad, then recovers. It seems to hitch a lot as well.

frenchy2k1
02-02-12, 12:48 PM
Got the invite. Will be checking it this week end...

K007
02-03-12, 04:26 AM
dam lucky would like to get into the official servers..

frenchy2k1
02-06-12, 12:28 PM
Tried it. It got back that "diablo" vibe, as expected.
They changed some of the mechanisms, made it more friendly in parts: as stated, no more characteristics for your avatar, no points to put into them and no skill tree. You get new slots every few levels (allowing to have more power/passive skills available at once) and new skills a bit more regularly to choose from. Skills are single level (either you have it or not), no specialization. You can allocate skills to slots and reallocate at will (takes about a minute of downtime, so no switching in the middle of a fight, but you can gear up before it).

It's really designed to let you play your way and give more choices in your experience with a single character without having to reroll. Most abilities are equivalent, but get used differently.

I finished the beta with the sorceress and for example, she had 2 main attack spells, either a slow orb exploding on contact or a disintegration which was affecting everything in a line as long as kept active. Both work well, just differently.

Outside of those technical differences, the biggest part of the experience is still there. This is still diablo, you see your character in isometric view, monsters roam around, you click to kill them and loot the corpses. Lather, rinse, repeat.

It's addictive and very polished, never getting in the way of your fun. It looks great, more from design than pure technical prowess (like most Blizzard) and you always just want to do one more quest.

I predict a big success and people playing for hours while complaining :P

FastRedPonyCar
02-06-12, 02:07 PM
I've played through both the wizard and the monk and loved them both. Very fun.

I like the fact that you don't have skill points. The skills automatically level up a bit as you level up. My spells/attacks were doing more damage as I progressed to higher levels. It meant that they were all well balanced and you're not stuck using one or 2 skills the whole time. You can quickly change play styles on the fly just from using a different attack or defense skill.

I think with the addition of various rune modifiers, it's going to make them a lot more in depth and the ability to customize a skill with different properties is a pretty novel change IMO.

I didn't look into it yet but once you beat it, can you play through again on the next level of difficulty using your equipment like in DII?

BioHazZarD
02-07-12, 11:33 AM
They dont give a F about EU :(

hirantha
02-08-12, 01:20 PM
Played Monk and Barbarian. Fun Fun Fun!! game is nicely done! a def buy for me.

K007
02-08-12, 05:32 PM
topic needs to be updated.

this was only for the US and 100,000 keys were released.

Yaboze
02-09-12, 09:41 AM
Loving it, a must buy. Seems a bit easy though.

hirantha
02-09-12, 02:27 PM
Loving it, a must buy. Seems a bit easy though.

I think it's easy because we are playing the demo is normal difficulty. Thatís what I think

FastRedPonyCar
02-09-12, 03:23 PM
the developers already discussed the difficulty here.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3NkFxpb4hI#t=42m30s