PDA

View Full Version : help with my ASUS A7S333

vicious2003
09-01-03, 02:16 PM
I got myself and ASUS card a long time back and still have it to this day, but it doesn't work. I ended up just getting a EPOX motherboard but I want to give my friend a computer and hopefully get that motherboard working if at all possible. I turn it on and get the RAM error on post. I tried swapping out many sticks of ram in all the slots and got nothing. Does anyone have any suggestions. I have tried to reset the Cmos but that didn't seem to help. I was wondering if anyone else had the problem and if they know how to fix it.

Dazz
09-01-03, 06:41 PM
You mean a memory error on the video card when in the board? Or system memory error, if system memory error then prehaps the board doesn't support the memory and has problems, best bet to to flash the board and see it that fixes anything.

vicious2003
09-01-03, 11:41 PM
the problem is with the dimm slots. I get the bad ram error on my system memory. I will try this flashing idea though...now all I need is a processor and a stick of ram and a cheap case/ps. This might cost a bit, but at least I can sell it if it works.

Dazz
09-02-03, 04:59 AM
You might want to look into some cheap branded memory like TwinMOS or Crucial. If these don't work RMA the board. Also try diffrent slots too.