PDA

View Full Version : nvidia supports unreal mod community

ronin_razors
09-01-03, 02:06 PM
http://pc.ign.com/articles/435/435892p1.html?fromint=1

Epic Games and NVIDIA Launch Unreal Buzz Tour
Nationwide tour offers tips, tricks, and possible tickles to Unreal modders.

August 28, 2003 - Epic Games and NVIDIA today announced their snazzerific "Buzz Tour," a nationwide tour to support their "Make Something Unreal" contest, which invites would be mod-masters to create the very best mods for Unreal Tournament 2003.

The 12-city tour, which begins in Miami on September 2, will feature seminars by Jason Busby, creator of www.3dbuzz.com and, more importantly, www.masteringunreal.com. Jason will offer sessions covering all manner of Unreal Engine mod-making madness: level design, scripting, outdoor environment development, object creation, and more. Think of it as Unreal modding 101.

In case you want to get even more serious about your Unreal modding education, Epic Games is also sponsoring Unreal University, a day-long educational event to be held at North Carolina State University on September 21. Busby and Epic Games developers will be on hand to educate would-be creators of the next hottest mods.

For more information on the Buzz Tour and the content, check out www.makesomethingunreal.com.

And of course, if you're looking for inspiration (or just the competition) we have a bunch of UT2003 mods for you to check out on IGN Downloads.

muzz
09-01-03, 02:19 PM
In their list of tricks do they mention force TriLinear by any chance?

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmm or what I mean is how to dick around with your machine for 5 hrs only to find out that no matter what you do you cannot use TL filtering.......

I hope they didn't leave that tidbit out for their fans........ that would be unspeakable.

The Baron
09-01-03, 02:30 PM
Hmmmm.

Can I get to NC State on September 21?

I don't know. But I can sure as hell try.

Uttar
09-01-03, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by The Baron
Hmmmm.

Can I get to NC State on September 21?

Hmmmm.

Can I get ATI to send me free stuff?

:p :D Just kidding :) Although I wouldn't say no at a Free All-In-Wonder, hehe.

Uttar

EDIT: Yes, I know, I'll be the first one mentionning ATI in this obvious nVidia thread.
Feel free to ban me :angel: ;)

EDIT2: To be more on topic, it seems like a nice thing to me. If I got free airplane ticke... Oh, right. Never been much of a UT2003 player, but I still love to play Asbestos in Masterful or sometimes Inhuman ( when I feel like losing ;) )from time to time - nice seeing nV supporting that game so much :)

The Baron
09-01-03, 02:53 PM
Uttar, I'm not too far from NC State, was going to go anyway sometime to look at the college :p

digitalwanderer
09-01-03, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by Uttar
Hmmmm.

Can I get ATI to send me free stuff?

Funny thing is every occasionally they do say yes, trust me. ;)

Where is the list of cities/dates the tour is on? I can't find it on the contest site. (I'm having an icky day. :rolleyes: )

bkswaney
09-01-03, 03:58 PM
I'll be in GA on the 4th for it. :D
The wife just said ok. :D :D "lol"