PDA

View Full Version : No Gruesome Character Death Animations in Diablo III

K007
02-05-12, 03:29 AM
http://diablo.incgamers.com/blog/comments/no-gruesome-character-death-animations-in-diablo-iii
http://www.diablowiki.net/images/thumb/6/60/Mon-siegebreaker-decapitation.jpg/250px-Mon-siegebreaker-decapitation.jpg

BioHazZarD
02-05-12, 06:13 PM
Jep really lame excuses considering the funds they have they should have the best programmers in the industry...

jeffmd
02-05-12, 07:49 PM
Bio hazzard, grats for making the most debunked myth of all time. Time and time again blizz has covered why they can't simply hire tons of artist to create new art.

One thing to note is that diablo 3 is NOT your traditional game. In blizzard style it will get content updates and things that were not finished and left out on release will be completed and added later.

nutcrackr
02-06-12, 02:42 AM
Nice of them to show us that back in 2008 then.

de><ta
02-06-12, 10:40 AM
They want a Teen rating for this game, so that it sell more copies? Just my opinion.

jeffmd
02-06-12, 01:17 PM
Somehow with the piles of corpses, blood, and death, i doubt the removal of these fatalities will lessen the difference between a teen and 18 rating.

frenchy2k1
02-06-12, 01:37 PM
how surprising, they have to weight importance and development time against resources.
Color me surprised (NOT!)

Having completed the Beta this week end, and not dying, can't say it really mattered. It's very polished though, you can feel it and this is where Blizzard shines.

They will not just include anything unless it will just work. And getting things to "just work" takes a huge amount of time, effort and polish.

ElL33t
02-06-12, 02:39 PM
Why does anyone care? It has no bearing on the game being good or not. The things gamers worry about will never cease to amaze me.

Cylphid
02-06-12, 04:07 PM
how surprising, they have to weight importance and development time against resources.
Color me surprised (NOT!)

Having completed the Beta this week end, and not dying, can't say it really mattered. It's very polished though, you can feel it and this is where Blizzard shines.

They will not just include anything unless it will just work. And getting things to "just work" takes a huge amount of time, effort and polish.

But they might break the "release and fix it later" industry standard that developers have been adhering too. The ramifications are .... mind boggling...

:p

Zelda_fan
02-06-12, 11:24 PM
Jep really lame excuses considering the funds they have they should have the best programmers in the industry...

Anyone who has every run a business knows you can't just throw money at a problem to fix it. There's a lot of logistical issues when you hire programmers on a massive scale like that.

BioHazZarD
02-07-12, 12:34 PM
I still find it hard to believe it would be that difficult its just lame exuse to make the game more WoW friendly and nothing else.

Q
02-07-12, 12:37 PM
Anyone who has every run a business knows you can't just throw money at a problem to fix it. There's a lot of logistical issues when you hire programmers on a massive scale like that.

DING DING DING

Especially true in software development. Every project adds a month to it's completion. Or at least that's how the adage goes.

frenchy2k1
02-07-12, 05:05 PM
But they might break the "release and fix it later" industry standard that developers have been adhering too. The ramifications are .... mind boggling...
:p

Valve and Blizzard have never adhered to that though.
They stick with "released when it's ready" and as they have the funds to actually perfect their games, it usually works quite well.

K007
02-10-12, 06:44 AM
Pushed back to Q2.

BioHazZarD
02-11-12, 09:54 AM
FFS... another 3 months with beta then..

jeffmd
02-13-12, 01:56 AM
Wait... let me get this straight. You are complaining yet you are in the beta. So if they released it tomarow, you would essentially be playing what you were just playing in the beta yesterday... this would make you Happy?!

You guys just bitch because you like to bitch... no buts about it.

BioHazZarD
02-13-12, 09:51 AM
lol me? they havent even sent invites to europe,, im complaining that the beta will go on forever and they will make another millions of changes before they are happy..

jeffmd
02-13-12, 11:33 AM
actually they removed alot of stuff...stuff that would have needed another million changes before they would be happy with it. Right now its pretty much bug fixing, making sure what is left perfectly fits within the game UI wise, and probably just more balancing out.

Looks like ME is done though so I guess I can wait on D3...I hate it when AAA games release together. ;)

Retrolock
03-05-12, 12:08 PM
I'm on the beta and I haven't played since january. Now that europe has now beta keys, maybe russian bob saget can play with me

Yaboze
03-05-12, 01:56 PM
Well, FWIW, the beta is short, you can finish it before level 10. You can still roam around and kill stuff, but the story and questing part is over. I also believe your level is capped at 13. I'm in the beta and I haven't played in a while because of this.

v3rninater
03-06-12, 03:21 AM
I've been the same, it's neat and you get a feel for the game, but you wanna PLAY IT ALL!! And you can only play norm, so it's really bad cause it just wets your appetite.

Oh btw, there's NO BUGS IN THIS BETA...so I dunno why they don't release it. It was fine before the rune changes, and now it's really polished after the changes.

They could release it right now, and it would be way more polished release then any other game before. If there are bugs, you won't find um until everyone has the game. That's just my opinion...