PDA

View Full Version : Okay maybe I was a bit to harsh.....


The Punisher
09-02-03, 12:27 AM
in calling u ATi guys freaks. Its just that the GFX 5900U seems so sweet & juicy a card & yet in some cases still totally loses out to 9800 pros. Its very saddening for me cuz during my Pentium MMX days 3Dfx Voodoo2 was the best & left nVidia RivaTNTs in the dust. At that time ATi was like a nobody, a cheap VGA chip for built-in mobos. I told myself that I'd never change my 3D card ever. Then WHAMMO!!! nVidia launches its GeForce series that turns the tide & later on buys over 3Dfx, totally eliminating its only competition. Left with no choice I forced myself to get a GF2MX for my P4 1.7Ghz & later on to a GF4Ti4800 for my P4 2.0GHz. And now history repeats tself as a nobody becomes a force to be reckoned with in the form of ATi's Radeon. SO WILL SOMEBODY TELL NVIDIA TO BLOODY HURRY UP & BUILD A BETTER GEFORCEFX !!!!

Syan
09-02-03, 12:47 AM
Do you own any of the latest GeForce cards? No, so that takes you out of that discussion. Did you know that Nvidia is still selling more cards than ATi, and still holds a larger market share? No, but now you do...

How about you keep the small talk to a bare minimum? ;)

Flibbled: Keep personal attacks out of here

ChrisW
09-02-03, 02:52 AM
Originally posted by Syan
Do you own any of the latest GeForce cards? No, so that takes you out of that discussion. Did you know that Nvidia is still selling more cards than ATi, and still holds a larger market share? No, but now you do...

How about you keep the small talk to a bare minimum? ;)
Are you going to make a single post that is not designed to draw people into a flame war? That seems to be your only purpose here. :(

If you had read any of his posts, you would know he is a big nVidia supporter and you are the person that does not know what he is talking about. How about not trying to find a flame war in every thread?

Dazz
09-02-03, 04:29 AM
Originally posted by Syan
No, so that takes you out of that discussion. Did you know that Nvidia is still selling more cards than ATi, and still holds a larger market share? No, but now you do...Only tanks to OEM's :D

digitalwanderer
09-02-03, 08:53 AM
Originally posted by Syan
Do you own any of the latest GeForce cards? No, so that takes you out of that discussion. Did you know that Nvidia is still selling more cards than ATi, and still holds a larger market share? No, but now you do...
Yeah, of their low-end 5200s...and that's mainly thru OEM deals and pre-solds. In the high-end and mid-range nVidia is getting slaughtered by ATi right now.

Welcome to nVnews, keep your facts straight and we won't have any trouble. :)

stncttr908
09-02-03, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by The Punisher
Left with no choice I forced myself to get a GF2MX for my P4 1.7Ghz & later on to a GF4Ti4800 for my P4 2.0GHz.So Nvidia has ripped you off twice already. :D

John Reynolds
09-02-03, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by The Punisher
SO WILL SOMEBODY TELL NVIDIA TO BLOODY HURRY UP & BUILD A BETTER GEFORCEFX !!!!

Better yet, why don't you just continue to buy what you personally consider to be the best for your money? That way you won't feel beholden to any particular company to always be the best (which isn't going to happen anyways).

digitalwanderer
09-02-03, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by John Reynolds
Better yet, why don't you just continue to buy what you personally consider to be the best for your money? That way you won't feel beholden to any particular company to always be the best (which isn't going to happen anyways).
"Vote with your wallet"
-Kyle Bennet

:D

Syan
09-02-03, 12:48 PM
I did read this other posts, thats why I finally decided to reply. And I think my replies have all been justified since I haven't started any flame wars yet. Sure he calls himself an Nvidia fan, but then he talks down about a card he doesn't have experience with, and that I happen to think is good.

digitalwanderer
09-02-03, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by Syan
I did read this other posts, thats why I finally decided to reply. And I think my replies have all been justified since I haven't started any flame wars yet. Sure he calls himself an Nvidia fan, but then he talks down about a card he doesn't have experience with, and that I happen to think is good.
A lot of nVidia fans are talking down a card they don't own, and buying up the competitors card this round because they feel let down by nVidia.

I think they considered you flame-baiting because of the way you defended nVidia...you went a bit over the top. nVidia has been very deceitful and cheesy lately, they're deserving of a bit of scorn seems to be the current popular opinion and to defend them to the extent you did seems to be a bit 'fanboyish'. (I am NOT calling you a fanboy, I'm just trying to explain why some people might be thinking you're flaming.)

I know it might seem weird, but even fans of nVidia are down on nVidia right now and for some good reasons....what we need is for nVidia to give us a couple of reasons NOT to be down on them. :)

Syan
09-02-03, 01:06 PM
Yeah I understand that, I havent used any Nvidia cards inbetween the GeForce ti4600 and the 5900 Ultra, so my experiences have been good. I guess I just know how to pick my video cards =)

digitalwanderer
09-02-03, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by Syan
Yeah I understand that, I havent used any Nvidia cards inbetween the GeForce ti4600 and the 5900 Ultra, so my experiences have been good. I guess I just know how to pick my video cards =)
GF2 MX400, GF2-GTSv, GF3, GF4 ti4400....now a 9700 Pro. ;)

CaptNKILL
09-02-03, 02:17 PM
What the hell is the purpose of this thread?

digitalwanderer
09-02-03, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by CaptNKILL
What the hell is the purpose of this thread?
Does it really need one? What an odd concept. :eek2:

stncttr908
09-02-03, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by CaptNKILL
What the hell is the purpose of this thread? Something about him calling ATI users ATIdiots or something. Not sure why it's not in that thread. Perhaps it was closed?

Woodelf
09-02-03, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by The Punisher
in calling u ATi guys freaks. Its just that the GFX 5900U seems so sweet & juicy a card & yet in some cases still totally loses out to 9800 pros. Its very saddening for me cuz during my Pentium MMX days 3Dfx Voodoo2 was the best & left nVidia RivaTNTs in the dust. At that time ATi was like a nobody, a cheap VGA chip for built-in mobos. I told myself that I'd never change my 3D card ever. Then WHAMMO!!! nVidia launches its GeForce series that turns the tide & later on buys over 3Dfx, totally eliminating its only competition. Left with no choice I forced myself to get a GF2MX for my P4 1.7Ghz & later on to a GF4Ti4800 for my P4 2.0GHz. And now history repeats tself as a nobody becomes a force to be reckoned with in the form of ATi's Radeon. SO WILL SOMEBODY TELL NVIDIA TO BLOODY HURRY UP & BUILD A BETTER GEFORCEFX !!!!

I agree with what he's saying, and feel the same way.
It was kind of nice that one company (nvidia) could hold it long enough to where the product and drivers became predictable to the point of becoming god like. I used to feel the same way about My voodoo 2 also, except Mine was replaced with the TNT. I've got Three of ATI's newest, but am expecting more great things from nvidia too. For Me, games come first,
then the hardware. Who knows maybe in 5 Years we'll all be Bitboy finatics.

Matrox mystic 4MB, voodoo2 8MB, tnt 16MB, banshee, geforce2 gts, geforce
3, radeon 9500, radeon 9700, radeon 9800pro.;)

john19055
09-02-03, 06:04 PM
You don't have to own a FX5900 to know this card was not what it was hyped to be, if you had done any research,I have always went with nvidia but this time they did'nt have the best top end card.

StealthHawk
09-02-03, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by John Reynolds
Better yet, why don't you just continue to buy what you personally consider to be the best for your money? That way you won't feel beholden to any particular company to always be the best (which isn't going to happen anyways).

I agree with that wholeheartedly. Sure, I my root for NVIDIA to succeed(less of that lately though :p ), but I don't owe them anything. I don't recall them ever giving me anything for free, or ATI, or any other company. I won't hestitate to buy what I feel is the best for my money.

saturnotaku
09-02-03, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by StealthHawk
I won't hestitate to buy what I feel is the best for my money.

Such a wonderful epiphany. That's the way it should be, but alas it's not in many cases.

ATI Rage Pro, Voodoo Banshee, Voodoo3, Voodoo4, GeForce2 MX, GeForce2 Ti, GeForce2 Ultra, GeForce3, GeForce4 Ti4400, GeForce4 Ti4600, GeForceFX 5800 Ultra, GeForceFX 5900, GeForce4 440 Go, Radeon 8500 (64 and 128 mb), Radeon 9500, Radeon 9800 Pro, Radeon 9600 Pro -- that's a lotta meatballs. :eek: