PDA

View Full Version : Own Nvidia/ATI stock?

extreme_dB
09-02-03, 10:12 PM
The front page news piqued my curiosity...

Oh man, I revised the poll several times, and it kept getting increasingly complex, so I made into a "check all that apply" poll, but then I thought the results could get too messed up by people who like to fool around, so I just made it simple again. :)

Thanks mods for removing the first one for me. :)

The Baron
09-02-03, 10:16 PM
All me, baby, all me.

And I own neither.

extreme_dB
09-02-03, 10:21 PM
So you're poor like me then, eh Baron? :alc:

The Baron
09-02-03, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by extreme_dB
So you're poor like me then, eh Baron? :alc:
No, I just don't bother with stocks. Don't have enough money to really bother, plus I don't have enough time to really research it.

digitalwanderer
09-02-03, 10:32 PM
I've been thinking of picking up enough nVidia stock to allow me to make a bit-o-a-scene at a conference meeting....

extreme_dB
09-02-03, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by The Baron
No, I just don't bother with stocks. Don't have enough money to really bother, plus I don't have enough time to really research it.

Heh, I meant that more in a joking manner, for missing out on the huge runup in both stocks from earlier this year. ATI went up nearly 300%! :eek: Nvidia went up nearly 200% from March, but are now down to about 80-90% higher. Damn!

SlyBoots
09-02-03, 10:50 PM
I was right on top of ATI at the end of Feb. @ $3.88........tried to buy both last Oct, but neither dropped into my buy zone. My buy on NVDA was $6.56 but it only hit about $7.20..........

GlowStick
09-02-03, 11:01 PM
Well, neighet compnay is a good investment at the time heh.

ChrisRay
09-02-03, 11:12 PM
Well Nvidias stock is lower value. So if you believe Nvidia is going to rebound in about 2 years. it would be a good long term investment.

I took a stock course in school so this is always fun to watch. But it most definately will not be an immediate payoff. But they never are.