PDA

View Full Version : Help on build a system

OmegaX
09-03-03, 10:56 AM
Hi
I'm building a new computer but I have a few questions.

I'm planing to get a ENERMAX EG365P-VE(FMA) 350w power supply is this enough? The system will have a ATHLON XP +2700 processor, lite on cdr drive, maxtor 80 gig HD(probally serial HD), gainward geforce fx 5600 w/128 meg of ram,probally no case fans or just one. the motherboard with be a abit NF7-S, of course a floppy drive. Sound will be a audigy(or do u think the onboard sound would be better to use)

Also for the geforce fx 5600 how do i tell if its rev 2?

And what's a good cpu cooling fan for at AMD ATHLON XP 2700 /333 FSB? One thats not too explensive would be nice.

Any help and advice would be greatly appreaciated. thx.

digitalwanderer
09-03-03, 11:00 AM
I'm using a 350w PS on Bubbles (see sig) and haven't had any problems, but I'd be inclined to recomend you get a bit beefier one like a 400w.

I'd also HIGHLY recomend you don't get a no-name cheapy, cheap power supplies are a very bad investment. It took me a couple of mobos to learn that one the hardway. :rolleyes:

I'm now hooked on Ennermax and won't accept anything lesser. There are a few other brands out there that are good, but I don't know them.

Dazz
09-03-03, 11:45 AM
Antec, Thermaltake, Macron.

saturnotaku
09-03-03, 12:14 PM
If you're going Serial ATA on a hard drive, buy a Seagate. Western Digital has had performance problems and Maxtor has power draw issues. I would save a few bucks and go with good 'ol parallel ATA. The Abit NF7 includes a serial to parallel ATA adapter which you can use.

jAkUp
09-04-03, 01:07 AM
pc power and cooling:D the very best psu's you can buy