PDA

View Full Version : Pardon me!

Leonid
09-03-03, 12:53 PM
Sorry, my previous message has a wrong salutation. This text was previously addressed to Andy Mecham in Graphics forum. Than I realized that this problem has little to do with the graphics and I found the Motherboards forum to ask my questions.

Here I would like to ask moderators and anyone who has similar hardware (and similar problems) -- could you help me?
###################################
A7N8X-X: Probles with Network and Sound

Hi Andi!
I REALLY need your help.
I am running Lunux SuSE 8.2 (kernel 2.4.20-4GB-athlon) on the following configuration:
processor: Athlon XP 2500+ Barton
motherboard: A7N8X-X
video: GeForce 4 MX-440 SE-T

I do not use 3D (at least now). My two problems are:
1. My onboard network does not work at all;
2. I cannot use MIDI with onboard soundcard.

I performed all the actions described in http://download.nvidia.com/XFree86/...e_1.0-0261.html

* I upgraded the kernel;
* I downloaded appropriate nVidia driver: NVIDIA_nforce-1.0-0261.suse82.i586.rpm
* I installed it:
rpm -q NVIDIA_nforce-1.0-0261.suse82.i586.rpm
* Using YAST2, I configured both network and sound.

However, during reboot process DHCP cannot get my IP address (saying ...No IP yet... backgrounding). I can see that my cable modem TRansmits and ReCives something; but to no effect.

Another issue is my midi sound. I can play CDs. But when I try to play MIDI files (say, with KMid), I hear no sound. Yet KMid shows that it plays something on instrument keyboards.

I tried many options but in vain. I also noticed that during (and after) configuring the network card Linux frequently crushes.

I tried to configure one more network card -- SMC 1244 TX. It configures as "tulip" and works perfectly (DHCP and all).

I also run Windows 2000 on the same computer. Under Win2000 both onboard network and sound work perfectly.

Please, help me! What should I do to tune these onboard devices (LAN: MCP integrated NVIDIA MAC + Reaktek 8201BL PHY; Audio: Realtek ALC650 6CH with built-in HP amplifier)?

Please tell me what other information I must supply to you, if it is not enough.

Also, I am not sure I understand forums. I am afraid not to find your reply next time I open it. So, please, could you reply on the email (le.ben@usask.ca).

Thank you in advance,

Leonid Benkevitch.

####################################

StealthHawk
09-03-03, 07:24 PM
http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=17434