PDA

View Full Version : Help me disable my firewall

Kain
09-04-03, 02:48 PM
I am using my Linksys Network card for Internet. However, I cannot host online games. People said there is a firewall "in" in the card and I have to disable it. Does anyone know how?

stncttr908
09-04-03, 04:55 PM
I've never heard of that. I'm sure these people heard "Linksys" and thought of a hub or router. Those do have built in firewall protection. However I've never heard of an NIC having this.

Kain
09-05-03, 02:11 AM
It's a Home Phonline network card.

But do you know how to disable it for the routers?

UDawg
09-05-03, 02:14 AM
There isn't any reason other than you guys just arn't doing it right that you shouldn't be able to host. There isn't a firewall on that card. Do you have any sofware firewalls installed or on?

Is this it? (http://www.linksys.com/products/product.asp?grid=34&scid=33&prid=130)

Kain
09-05-03, 02:58 AM
Originally posted by UDawg
There isn't any reason other than you guys just arn't doing it right that you shouldn't be able to host. There isn't a firewall on that card. Do you have any sofware firewalls installed or on?

Is this it? (http://www.linksys.com/products/product.asp?grid=34&scid=33&prid=130) There is a reason because Linksys cards do have a built-in firewall. This prevents me hosting games and stuff. I could host games on my previous ISDN modem, but when I switched to DSL and started using this card I couldn't.

vampireuk
09-05-03, 07:32 AM
You fed it after mifnight didnt you?

Kain
09-05-03, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by vampireuk
You fed it after mifnight didnt you? Yes, I gave its daily supply of p0rn. :p

UDawg
09-05-03, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by Kain
There is a reason because Linksys cards do have a built-in firewall. This prevents me hosting games and stuff. I could host games on my previous ISDN modem, but when I switched to DSL and started using this card I couldn't.

I don't know of any Linksys nic card that has a firewall. I could be wrong but I checked out the PDF on your card and it did not mention any nat firewall or software firewall.