PDA

View Full Version : NV/ATI Paranoia

Pages : [1] 2

Deathlike2
09-06-03, 05:21 PM
Notice CATALYST MAKER giving hints to a "revolutionary driver" in reference to the next driver revision (3.8)

Consider that NVidia seems to be working on the Det 50s... (and supposed performance increases and shader "performance improvements")

Anyone see a trend here?

sebazve
09-06-03, 05:24 PM
it just monkey bussiness:D

The Baron
09-06-03, 05:35 PM
Wooh for PR. :D

(I think they've had more than enough notice of Det50's existence to plan for this though.. but then again, I think all products have some sort of Huge Nifty Driver Thing planned at least once in their lifetimes so it can be released when the competitor releases something special)

PreservedSwine
09-06-03, 06:04 PM
bleh, I remember them saying the same thing about the 3.3's.......

I thought they learned something from that lesson, and the R9700 release....it's best let the item do the talking for you.....and pound your chest *after* it's release.....

Of couse, I'm a cynical S.O.B....

As far as nVidia hyping anything, give me break:rolleyes:

StealthHawk
09-06-03, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by Deathlike2
Notice CATALYST MAKER giving hints to a "revolutionary driver" in reference to the next driver revision (3.8)

Consider that NVidia seems to be working on the Det 50s... (and supposed performance increases and shader "performance improvements")

Anyone see a trend here?

I don't see any correlation. Catalyst Maker has even gone on record by debunking claims that Cat3.8 would have massive performance increases. He has said they will have innovative features, and I believe him based on what I think will be coming.

Contrast this with Det50, which has not been hyped by NVIDIA at all. Considering that NVIDIA's company policy is to not discuss anything that is unreleased, this is unsurprising. We really don't know what Det50 will or will not bring, other than some interesting speculation, all related to performance.

Hellbinder
09-06-03, 08:26 PM
Ditto what Stealth said.

EMunEeE
09-06-03, 10:57 PM
When are the Det 50's expected?

The Baron
09-06-03, 11:01 PM
According to Jedi Master Uttar, September 15.

digitalwanderer
09-06-03, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by The Baron
According to Jedi Master Uttar, September 15.
That's Sept 15th of this year...right? ;) :p

ChrisRay
09-06-03, 11:45 PM
Guess we can see what happens. If anything.,

Rytr
09-07-03, 02:30 AM
Ditto Hellbinder's ditto to what Stealth said. :D

digitalwanderer
09-07-03, 08:29 AM
Ditto to Rytr's ditto to Hellbinder's ditto to what Stealth said. :angel2:

CaptNKILL
09-07-03, 09:16 AM
Ditto to Digi's Ditto to Rytr's ditto to Hellbinder's ditto to what Stealth said. :D

CaptNKILL
09-07-03, 09:17 AM
Ditto to my Ditto to Digi's Ditto to Rytr's ditto to Hellbinder's ditto to what Stealth said. :bounce:

digitalwanderer
09-07-03, 09:20 AM
Ditto to CaptNKILL's ditto to my ditto to Rytr's ditto to Hellbinder's ditto to what Stealth said. :jumping:

Rytr
09-07-03, 01:06 PM
Kinda looks like Stealth's statement might pretty well be on the money! :D

digitalwanderer
09-07-03, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by Rytr
Kinda looks like Stealth's statement might pretty well be on the money! :D
Ditto to that too! :p

creedamd
09-08-03, 10:10 AM
Um.. yeah, I just wanted to say I agree with Stealth.

Hanners
09-08-03, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by digitalwanderer
That's Sept 15th of this year...right? ;) :p

Are you ready? Or did you die waiting? ;)

Deathlike2
09-08-03, 10:33 AM
I suspect nothing less from NVidia and ATI in the weeks to come... All of you are probably waiting for those Det 50 vs CATALYST 3.8 benchmark rounds...

Det XP - 2 years ago (approximately)
Det FX - last year
Det 50 - soon

digitalwanderer
09-08-03, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by Hanners
Are you ready? Or did you die waiting? ;)
Actually, I'm NOT ready anymore. The only nVidia card I got left in the house is my son's GF2 and I don't run anything but the 30.82 set on that. ;)

Mebbe I should e-mail nVidia and see if they want to send me a card to play with....or do you think they'd try and get me fired again? ;)

eesa
09-08-03, 11:01 AM
if you're implying that it's all vapourware and marketing hype, then you'd better talk with my friend who just spend the entire weekend putting in overtime working on the next release. Gosh, imagine how stupid he'll feel when you tell him he's been working on nothing this whole time. ;)

I don't know about performance, but I've seen the features they're planning and they're really cool.

Originally posted by Deathlike2

Anyone see a trend here?

digitalwanderer
09-08-03, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by eesa
I don't know about performance, but I've seen the features they're planning and they're really cool.
Will they make me smile?

eesa
09-08-03, 11:21 AM
they sure made me smile.

Jeffus
09-08-03, 11:55 AM
Well, let's hope they are forth coming!!:o Tierd of waiting..........