PDA

View Full Version : Halo PC Leaked

Pages : [1] 2

sh*tshot
09-07-03, 08:39 PM
Just spotted this bit of news at Warp2search.net (http://www.warp2search.net/)

Ok Peeps yes we know that some press Muppet that was working on Halo for the PC has Leaked it! so can you stop with the emails as we will not be posting any Links to the leak.

http://home.covad.net/~dopeeo/halopc/halopc1.jpg :shoot:

digitalwanderer
09-07-03, 08:45 PM
http://www.elitebastards.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1960

Old news! ;) :p

LiquidX
09-07-03, 11:35 PM
This is outrages someone PM the link so I then can report it to MS.:mad:

digitalwanderer
09-08-03, 12:12 AM
Links are NOT allowed!

But I did write up a file-sharing guide (http://www.elitebastards.com/page.php?pageid=1913&head=1&comments=1) with Hanners that you might find interesting... :p

The Baron
09-08-03, 12:13 AM
Don't make me bust out the Mobile Flibble Unit.

StealthHawk
09-08-03, 01:30 AM
Originally posted by LiquidX
This is outrages someone PM the link so I then can report it to MS.:mad:

Right. I'm sure you have altruistic motives in wanting a link ;)

GlowStick
09-08-03, 11:41 AM
am i the only one who dosent like halo? god it sucks.

digitalwanderer
09-08-03, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by GlowStick
am i the only one who dosent like halo? god it sucks.
I'm giving the game a big "Meh" for now, but I'm gonna play around with some tweaking and see if I can't fix that.

The textures are pretty sad though, it does look kind of dated/portish to me. :(

GlowStick
09-08-03, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by digitalwanderer
I'm giving the game a big "Meh" for now, but I'm gonna play around with some tweaking and see if I can't fix that.

The textures are pretty sad though, it does look kind of dated/portish to me. :( Yeah people think its good because most console palyers never played a FPS before, but many people, can run though the whole game useing the blaster gun that dose not run out of ammo.........

digitalwanderer
09-08-03, 11:53 AM
Does AA not work right for anyone else in it? It's like it over-rides my preferences and turns off AA at a distance.... :(

Cyberz
09-08-03, 11:55 AM
saw some screens from it, looks like ****..

Zenikase
09-08-03, 11:59 AM
I had never played Halo on the Xbox before, but so far this is a ****ing AWESOME game. The single player is blowing my mind.

I'm kinda surprised at the framerate I'm getting though, considering the resolution is just a little higher than what the game would be running on the Xbox (1024x768). I haven't been able to get a rock solid 60 FPS yet. :(

digitalwanderer
09-08-03, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by Zenikase
I had never played Halo on the Xbox before, but so far this is a ****ing AWESOME game. The single player is blowing my mind, although the textures are kinda bland.
How is it running for you? (Including settings and specs please! ;) )

Zenikase
09-08-03, 12:03 PM
Yes, I kinda edited my post to include some more info. I'm running the game with all details maxed out, at 1024x768 and it still chugs noticeably on the first two levels.

The weird thing is that when I rebooted after the installation, Windows XP stopped at the logon screen and wouldn't go further. Luckily, Ctrl-Alt-Del still worked so I was able to get around it. I played the game for about an hour, uninstalled it and Windows worked again. I don't know if it was because of Halo or not, but I'll try again tonight.

I'm very happy with this game so far, and I can't wait for the full version. Multiplayer should be a blast, too. :D

digitalwanderer
09-08-03, 12:16 PM
Well, just 'cause I forgot to mention it here it don't seem to work under 98se which is two strikes against it. :(

I HATE booting into my XP side, it's been so long I was running the 3.4 cats. :rolleyes:

FredGSanford
09-08-03, 12:22 PM
At 1024x768 or anything higher the game feels like its playing in slow motion. At 800x600 (Yuk) it plays fine. All option maxed in 800x600.... Any Options in 1024x768 seems to feel like its chuging along unless Spec. Light and Particals are turned lower. If AA is turned on the game goes compleatly black but the game is running...

P4 2.4Gig
1gig RAM
Asus P4PE-BP
Sanat Cruz Sound Card
GeforceFX 5900 Ultra (Det: v44.03)
WinXP Pro

FredGSanford
09-08-03, 12:23 PM
I also noticed that many objects were not rendering so I would bump into invisible objects and even some doors were clear/invisible :(

Zenikase
09-08-03, 12:40 PM
Amen to the invisible objects problem. It made some parts of the first level pretty frustrating.

Also, I think they're gonna need to tame the Master Chief's superhuman leap if they haven't done so already.

BTW, please don't take these comments as complaints. I realize it's a beta and that most of these bugs have been fixed or will be fixed in the very near future. Kudos to Gearbox on the great work.

digitalwanderer
09-08-03, 12:49 PM
BTW, please don't take these comments as complaints. I realize it's a beta and that most of these bugs have been fixed or will be fixed in the very near future.
Gotta agree and give a big nod to that. It's definately a beta and anything we have to say about performance/issues is probably NOT indicative of the shipping product.

It's like the D3 alpha. Just a taste, not the real thing. ;)

ragejg
09-08-03, 01:01 PM
I really wonder how this game will run using PS 1.1/1.4 effects... on an R8500AIW... @ 8x6 with a little AF on a TV... I know... go ahead, take it as ODD, but I'm psyched to see the game on a TV vs. the XBox... my HTPC (methinks) has the p0wah (XP2400) to push this game along, given teh weakness of my gfx card... see, I have friends who really kick arse in Halo, and I'm psyched to network it, hook up a controller adapter, and let them plod along on the TV while I use the advantage of faster look movement to whomp on them for bragging so much about this game since Q4 '01... :D:D:D

I just hope the controls map correctly back to an xbox controller thru the Lik-Sang Joybox 11...

Zenikase
09-08-03, 01:08 PM
Is Xbox Halo networkable with the PC version?

FredGSanford
09-08-03, 01:09 PM
Sad thing is that I dont think they will lower his jump hight... I remember playing this on the xbox and the jump feel's the same.

Edge
09-08-03, 01:14 PM
Yeah people think its good because most console palyers never played a FPS before, but many people, can run though the whole game useing the blaster gun that dose not run out of ammo.........

Uh...there is no "blaster gun" with infinant ammo. The only way to go through the game without picking up ammo is to use your Melee attack for everything (which unlike in other games, it actually a valid option). And you *might* be able to get away with doing that on Easy mode, but no way in hell you'd be able to beat it in higher difficulties. Though I might be confusing the Alien Rifle with the Pistol, but I'm pretty sure that both had a set amount of ammo (I rarely used the alien weapons, I thought they sucked excpet the Needler).

And no, it's not just good becuase it was the only decent FPS on console. For months after I got my Xbox I totally ignored the game because I didn't think it could match up to any PC FPS, but after playing it I found the game is simply great, and managed to be more fun then any FPS I've played on PC. Sure, it probably won't be able to stand up against Half-life 2 in sheer fun when it's released (though that stupid registry system could take some of that fun away...), but for 2 years it's been the best FPS availible, on ANY platform. Remember, 90% of the game was designed for PC, they just ported it over to Xbox after it was mainly complete.

Of course, that's just my opinion. I'm sure that there's many people who didn't enjoy it, but as far as I'm concerned it has the best FPS combat system I've seen (with most stratagy then just holding down the trigger like in most PC FPS games), and I can't wait to see some of the mods for it. If that registration system/Steam requirement really does screw up HL2 for me, I just might get Halo for the multi-player and FREE MODS THAT YOU DON'T HAVE TO REGISTER TO SOME COMPANY FOR (sorry, that Steam stuff is getting me...uh...Steamed!). Actually aren't they releasing the Halo level editor with the game? That would give mods/level packs a nice boost.

Edge
09-08-03, 01:20 PM
Is Xbox Halo networkable with the PC version?

Nope, the completely re-wrote the networking code. Not to mention they added a bunch of stuff for multi-player.

Oh, and the jump is a bit "floaty", but I was kinda dissapointed that you couldn't jump HIGHER. In the book they said he could jump over 10 feet...he must've broken an ankle in the crash or something.

stncttr908
09-08-03, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by Cyberz
saw some screens from it, looks like ****.. Have you ever played Halo? First off, screens don't tell the story usually. A lot are doctored up. Gameplay videos are more of a telltale sign. Furthermore, I don't care if it looks like "****" because the gameplay kicks so much ass. That you can't dispute.