PDA

View Full Version : Official GeForce GTX 680 Review and Discussion thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]

GitDat
06-02-12, 06:26 AM
Can you run out of VRAM even with AA disabled? I usually turn it off in my quest for 120 fps minimum :)

GitDat
06-02-12, 07:05 AM
Is there a way to view VRAM usage while a game is running?

fasedww
06-02-12, 02:08 PM
Quit pushing cards past there limit. live with it.:)

GitDat
06-02-12, 02:20 PM
Crysis 2 definitely maxed out the 2GB after looking, wow. That settles it. 2 x EVGA GTX 680 4GB FTW's being installed! Once they're in stock :)

Phods
06-08-12, 10:30 PM
my rig.
asus p6t
gtx295
7team 850W +12V1@30A, +12V2@35A,

can i put a GTX680, in primary and gtx295 for physis?

t

sjchmura
10-23-12, 02:29 PM
Just got a new EVGA 680 SC (great deal, I think, about $395 from amazon). Is there a good guide how to "push it" for overclocking? WIth all the changes to the EVGA Precision Software, I wonder where to start? bump the voltate from 0.988? Bump TARGET voltage? Is it even worth overclockign the RAM since the GPU seems to be the bottleneck for PhysX or AA?

A link would be great or a quick: Try this order :)

FastRedPonyCar
10-23-12, 02:35 PM
I've been using EVGA's overclocking utility since I got my 680 and recently, I've been noticing maybe a driver issue or something where (for instance) playing borderlands 2, the game will freeze up for maybe 10 seconds and I can ctrl+alt+delete out of the game and then click back into it and the game is back unfrozen but looking at the overclocking tool, it now runs at the default idle speed and the core no longer will raise it's speed up to run the game smoothly.

It's done this for the last couple of driver revisions.

Dishonored does the same thing.

sjchmura
10-23-12, 05:15 PM
I've been using EVGA's overclocking utility since I got my 680 and recently, I've been noticing maybe a driver issue or something where (for instance) playing borderlands 2, the game will freeze up for maybe 10 seconds and I can ctrl+alt+delete out of the game and then click back into it and the game is back unfrozen but looking at the overclocking tool, it now runs at the default idle speed and the core no longer will raise it's speed up to run the game smoothly.

It's done this for the last couple of driver revisions.

Dishonored does the same thing.

So where did you start? Did you increase voltage or the voltage target first? What percentage boost did you start?

Phods
10-23-12, 05:41 PM
my rig.
asus p6t
gtx295
7team 850W +12V1@30A, +12V2@35A,

can i put a GTX680, in primary and gtx295 for physis?

t

hi guys, any news?

FastRedPonyCar
10-23-12, 06:21 PM
So where did you start? Did you increase voltage or the voltage target first? What percentage boost did you start?

I've been running it with the following settings since day 1 (6 months ago when the card came out) with zero issues until now. We're talking hours upon hours of skyrim, crysis 2, arkham city, etc. all those games pinning the clock speed as high as it will allow for hours on end with zero issues.

http://i.imgur.com/CLvOD.jpg

I'm going to try lowering teh gpu/mem clock offsets a bit lower and see if that fixes it but I'm not sure why it would all of a sudden decide that THAT would be the issue at this point. I'm thinking that it's something with the drivers but lowering the clock/mem speeds is an easier first solution attempt.

sjchmura
10-23-12, 07:36 PM
WIth the power target that high, are you reaching thermal limit and it is "down clocking">????? I was also reading you need to keep the GPU MAX of 70c or else you just loose performace adn create heat.....

DO your 3DMARK11 scores scale that high?