PDA

View Full Version : Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 2004 NDA is lifted...

Pages : [1] 2

DivotMaker
09-08-03, 02:41 PM
The TW2004 NDA has been lifted by EA Sports. I am free to answer any questions that I can.

Thanks,

Tim

digitalwanderer
09-08-03, 02:45 PM
Where's the download link and what's the username/password to get into the FTP? :angel2:

DivotMaker
09-08-03, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by digitalwanderer
Where's the download link and what's the username/password to get into the FTP? :angel2:

Download link for what?

saturnotaku
09-08-03, 02:55 PM
Is TW2004 using DirectX 9 features (notably PS 2.0) for the PC port or will all variants (including console) use similar shader instructions?

The Baron
09-08-03, 02:56 PM
When is it expected to hit stores?

How extensive is the use of PS2.0?

Does it use any NVIDIA-specific features (well, Cg, really)?

OGL supported?

Is it all hard and stuff like most golf games are to an FPS player? :p

Oh yes. Benchmark mode?

digitalwanderer
09-08-03, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by BigBerthaEA
Download link for what?
The game, what else? :p

CaptNKILL
09-08-03, 02:59 PM
Yaay! GOLF!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:zzzz:

:D

DivotMaker
09-08-03, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by saturnotaku
Is TW2004 using DirectX 9 features (notably PS 2.0) for the PC port or will all variants (including console) use similar shader instructions?

I would love to be able to tell you which PS TW2004 uses, but I am not that adept yet at knowing what is what.

The game does use DX9.0. How much, I am not sure of at this point. However, EVERYTHING in the environment that should move or animate, DOES. Moving clouds, trees, water, birds, and 3D grass of all sizes and textures.

Very realistic animations of the Golfers as well. The GameFace feature is the most comprehensive character creation utility I have ever seen in ANY game.

Below is a url to a massive screenshot collection for TW2004...

http://dynamic3.gamespy.com/~notapro/screenshotvault/index.php

DivotMaker
09-08-03, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by The Baron
When is it expected to hit stores?

9/22 is shipping date.

How extensive is the use of PS2.0?

Good question that I will try to find out more about.

Does it use any NVIDIA-specific features (well, Cg, really)?

I am pretty sure it uses some cG for nVidia cards.

OGL supported?

No.

Is it all hard and stuff like most golf games are to an FPS player? :p

Using TrueSwing it is VERY challenging, IMHO. Also has a 3-click meter. Five different difficulty levels to choose from and one helluva Career Mode that starts slowly for beginners to PC Golf.

Oh yes. Benchmark mode?

No, not that I know of.

Demo will be coming out soon.

-Tim

volt
09-08-03, 04:01 PM
If possible, can you find out about PS performance on NVIDIA hardware?

nin_fragile14
09-08-03, 04:02 PM
How similar/different is the career mode from last year's version? Is it still set up in a calendar style?

Is the demo going to be released before the actual game?

saturnotaku
09-08-03, 04:08 PM
I also would like to know if the demo will be out before the full game. Also, in your opinion, which platform will offer the best gaming experience, console or PC? From mastery of the controls, to graphics to other content - I want to know so I can best decide on which platform I might purchase the game, be it Xbox or PC.

Clay
09-08-03, 04:24 PM
The TW2004 NDA has been lifted by EA Sports. I am free to answer any questions that I can.

Thanks,

Tim

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought you had some big news to share once the NDA was lifted? Thanks.

DivotMaker
09-08-03, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by volt
If possible, can you find out about PS performance on NVIDIA hardware?

I will preface my response with the following disclaimer:

I have seen near-final code, but I am not in posession of final code.

I am not in possession of a GF FX 5900 Ultra. I had to return the one I had borrowed earlier in testing. I was also promised a 5900 Ultra 4 months ago that has never materialized.

Anything I say here could be somewhat different for the release version, but I am not sure at all how much.

The game runs very nicely on a 5900 Ultra. It is immersive and beautiful.

However, the same holds true for the 9800 Pro that I am running in my machine now.

When I am in possession of final code, and a 5900 Ultra, I will be able to give you some comparisons that you are looking for. However, I would not be surprised if performance differences in TW2004 are similar to that which was found in TR:AOD. TW 2004 runs great on both cards. That is about all I can say at this time.

Please keep in mind the disclaimer above. Until I see final code and have opportunity to benchmark both cards, this is what I know as of today. Also, keep in mind what Detonator 50 might accomplish performance-wise.

DivotMaker
09-08-03, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by nin_fragile14
1. How similar/different is the career mode from last year's version? Is it still set up in a calendar style?

2. Is the demo going to be released before the actual game?

1. Career Mode is not set up with a calendar like last time. It is set up with a World TOUR and other gameplay modes that bring the player up from the ranks. It is much more expansive than 2003 and offers club/ball/clothing endorsements as a result of winning special challenges. I did not care for Career Mode in TW2003, but i really like it in 2004 and plan to play it as soon as I get a retail copy...

2. A demo should be released very soon and it should be before the game releases...

DivotMaker
09-08-03, 05:52 PM
I also would like to know if the demo will be out before the full game. Also, in your opinion, which platform will offer the best gaming experience, console or PC? From mastery of the controls, to graphics to other content - I want to know so I can best decide on which platform I might purchase the game, be it Xbox or PC.

PC, hands down...IMHO. The PS2/XBox/GC cannot compete graphically with a Radeon/GF3-FX setup.

Also, TrueSwing for the PC is simply the best way to play Golf I have ever played.

DivotMaker
09-08-03, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by maxpower
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought you had some big news to share once the NDA was lifted? Thanks.

I have hinted above at what I have seen so far during testing. I prefer to see final code before making any final comments regarding performance on high-end cards. Hope you understand...

saturnotaku
09-08-03, 06:17 PM
PC, hands down...IMHO. The PS2/XBox/GC cannot compete graphically with a Radeon/GF3-FX setup.

Also, TrueSwing for the PC is simply the best way to play Golf I have ever played.

Fair enough. My roommate has TW '03 on his Gamecube, which I've played pretty extensively, that's why I asked about the PC/console difference. The control is pretty good, but I have no doubt it will be better on the PC.

Another thing - pricing. Will the PC port be less expensive than its console counterparts ($39.99 vs. $49.99)?

digitalwanderer
09-08-03, 06:24 PM
Are there any cool weapon cheats? I'd love it if you could pull out a pistol when you miss a birdy or something... ;)

DivotMaker
09-08-03, 08:03 PM
Fair enough. My roommate has TW '03 on his Gamecube, which I've played pretty extensively, that's why I asked about the PC/console difference. The control is pretty good, but I have no doubt it will be better on the PC.

Another thing - pricing. Will the PC port be less expensive than its console counterparts ($39.99 vs. $49.99)?

MSRP for TW2004 PC is $39.99.

DivotMaker
09-08-03, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by digitalwanderer
Are there any cool weapon cheats? I'd love it if you could pull out a pistol when you miss a birdy or something... ;)

No, sorry. But if you time it just right, you can kill a bird off the tee with a really good drive....

heedory
09-08-03, 08:07 PM
does it support asian version window?

sadly 03 version refused to install

digitalwanderer
09-08-03, 08:10 PM
No, sorry. But if you time it just right, you can kill a bird off the tee with a really good drive....
REALLY!?! Now that would certainly make it worth getting for me! :D

Are you being serious though or facetious? :eek2:

DivotMaker
09-08-03, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by heedory
does it support asian version window?

sadly 03 version refused to install

TW2004 should support the Asian version of Windows...what version of Windows though?

From the readme.txt...

MINIMUM CONFIGURATION
OS: Windows XP/Me/2000/98 (Windows 95 and NT are not supported);

Clay
09-08-03, 09:45 PM
I have hinted above at what I have seen so far during testing. I prefer to see final code before making any final comments regarding performance on high-end cards. Hope you understand...

Sure, NP. I guess I was just expecting a bit more *juicy* info. :D