PDA

View Full Version : Official "I just got a GeForce GTX 6xx thread"

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12

Redeemed
06-14-12, 02:49 PM
i am waitnig fore this hardware KFA2 GeForce GTX 670 EX OC 2GB and OCZ Intern SSD 128GB Vertex 4 nice upgrade to i buy a new cpu , mb and mem and gk 110

Word of caution bro- may want to do a bit more research on that OCZ SSD. I've been reading a lot of folks having bad luck with the drives failing. So by research I mean read more user reviews, not the professional ones. Just going off of members around here a lot have had multiple OCZs fail on them.

I used to be really fond of OCZ, and I've yet to have a bad experience. Got many of their PSUs in other systems still going *very* strong. Those are all older parts though. I think the company may be slipping so you might be wise to go with a different brand. :)

qube
06-14-12, 03:27 PM
[QUOTE=Redeemed;2563851]Word of caution bro- may want to do a bit more research on that OCZ SSD. I've been reading a lot of folks having bad luck with the drives failing. So by research I mean read more user reviews, not the professional ones. Just going off of members around here a lot have had multiple OCZs fail on them.

I used to be really fond of OCZ, and I've yet to have a bad experience. Got many of their PSUs in other systems still going *very* strong. Those are all older parts though. I think the company may be slipping so you might be wise to go with a different brand. :)[/QUOT
tnx Redeemed but il try it out =)

XP_GUN
06-14-12, 04:09 PM
Well I got my card today...... Dead!!!!! so pissed, installed it, desktop works fine but when playing a game only runs for a min then crashes to desktop. Tried everything to get it working :(

Worst part is even though I live 3 miles away from EVGA and could just drop if off, they said only shipping which said that it could take a week or two for the turn around :headexplode:

Redeemed
06-14-12, 04:17 PM
Well I got my card today...... Dead!!!!! so pissed, installed it, desktop works fine but when playing a game only runs for a min then crashes to desktop. Tried everything to get it working :(

Worst part is even though I live 3 miles away from EVGA and could just drop if off, they said only shipping which said that it could take a week or two for the turn around :headexplode:

What ya' gotta' do is use your man inside- get a hold of jAkUp. He don't leave a brotha' hangin'.

:p

XP_GUN
06-14-12, 08:04 PM
Yeah talk about a bummer day, spent 2 hours trying to see what was wrong with this thing and now on hour 4 of them accepting my RMA. At this rate ill get it back Monday of the following week :(

Nice looking card, too bad it does not work.

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=44022&stc=1&d=1339718619

stereod
06-15-12, 03:08 PM
Old on the left, new on the right :D

http://i.imgur.com/L5Zq2.jpg?1

XP_GUN
06-15-12, 11:08 PM
Update: well EVGA gave me an RMA which was good, I would rather get a card that has been looked at and tested than a new card that could fail, but I have to pay for shipping it to them!!!! understandable if its been almost a year but it has not even a day!!! :thumbdwn:

Edit: Exchanging it to Newegg seems like it will be less of an issue than what EVGA is doing for me.

XP_GUN
06-16-12, 05:04 PM
Naaa just got myself a bad 680 GTX

bob saget
06-17-12, 02:24 PM
Which benchmarks would be useful to see if a 670 card is in tip top shape? Heaven and 3dmarks? Anybody use furmark anymore? What kind of temps should a vanilla card be reaching? Thank you.

Redeemed
06-17-12, 03:05 PM
Which benchmarks would be useful to see if a 670 card is in tip top shape? Heaven and 3dmarks? Anybody use furmark anymore? What kind of temps should a vanilla card be reaching? Thank you.

$90.

:bleh:

bob saget
06-17-12, 03:12 PM
$90.

:bleh:

First I have to return from this dude's house with my head still attached. Gamers can be sick sick individuals. Wish me luck.

Rummy
06-17-12, 08:11 PM

Heaven is good and Crysis or BF3 maxed out. My cards idle at 24-25 and get to 62-68 when playing Crysis 2 maxed out.

bob saget
06-17-12, 08:52 PM
Heaven is good and Crysis or BF3 maxed out. My cards idle at 24-25 and get to 62-68 when playing Crysis 2 maxed out.

Rummy
06-18-12, 01:12 PM
OK here it goes:

(nana2) (nana2) (nana2) I'm really impressed by the cooling solution! (nana2) (nana2) (nana2)

That's honestly the best thing about the new cards so far. Performance-wise it's probably not enough to make a real difference at 7680x1600 but every improvement is nice at that resolution :)
Looking forward to some real gaming sessions and not just quick and dirty benchmark runs ;)

Glad you like your cards Slawter.

mullet
06-18-12, 07:54 PM
lolz

bob saget
06-18-12, 08:09 PM
Proud owner of a Galaxy GTX 670. Can't wait to fire up BF3. Sad to be selling the 5870. It has served me so well over the years.

Redeemed
06-18-12, 08:22 PM
Proud owner of a Galaxy GTX 670. Can't wait to fire up BF3. Sad to be selling the 5870. It has served me so well over the years.

$90!!!
:captnkill: :captnkill: :captnkill: :captnkill: :captnkill: :captnkill: :captnkill:

bob saget
06-18-12, 10:03 PM
patience cowboy.

Rummy
06-18-12, 11:20 PM
Nice job BOB

Redeemed
06-18-12, 11:21 PM
patience cowboy.

:captnkill:

Seriously Bob, I do have a financial matter that I must prioritize over everything else, but I should have it resolved by the end of this Thursday. I have no idea how expensive it'd be for you to ship the card to me, that may break the deal, or how much you want for it. But if you're looking to sell it I'm open to discussing it. I've always wanted to try CrossFire and it'd give me that little bit extra performance boost I've been wanting. :)

mullet
06-19-12, 12:53 AM
Nice bob JOB

+1

XP_GUN
06-19-12, 07:37 PM
Just reordered my 680 GTX lets hope that this one works, unlike my last one :o

bob saget
06-20-12, 03:43 PM
Haven't touched green drivers in years. The 301.42 is a solid driver? Thanks.
EDIT: just gonna use it till something breaks :p

Rummy
06-20-12, 06:59 PM
Im using 301.42 no problems

bob saget
06-21-12, 11:47 AM
Thanks rummer. Was getting black screen flashing whenever I died in BF3, but changing my screen's refresh rate from 59 to 60 fixed that up. Not sure why it was at 59...

Galaxy tech support has been great at getting me my extended warranty past the registration date since their website was down at the time.

Edit: I thought BF3 textures were nice at "High" settings. How wrong I was. Especially the CQ maps :drooling: