PDA

View Full Version : Official "I just got a GeForce GTX 6xx thread"

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

crainger
04-15-12, 07:57 PM
It's reference to the Kiwi Fruit found in New Zealand. Like the fruit New Zealanders are furry and sweet.

OMG I could go for one right now.

Redeemed
04-15-12, 08:23 PM
It's reference to the Kiwi Fruit found in New Zealand. Like the fruit New Zealanders are furry and sweet.

OMG I could go for one right now.
You could go for what- a furry and sweet new zealander or a kiwi? :wtf:

If Kiwi I agree, sounds delicious right about now. :drooling:

Pennyboy
04-16-12, 12:01 AM
Nice. Always good to see another Kiwi boy in here. :)

For sure man!!!! Hows your GTX680s going? I just received an email to say they have been dispatched, will most likely have them Wed now :). Sold 1 of my GTX580s to a mate and probably sold the other one to a work buddy, so the cost is as bad :)

Pennyboy
04-16-12, 12:04 AM
You could go for what- a furry and sweet new zealander or a kiwi? :wtf:

If Kiwi I agree, sounds delicious right about now. :drooling:

LOL. If talking about the bird then no sorry you are not allowed to eat them, its illegal LOL
Hmm i have a craving for Taco Bell :( wish we had that over here.
Oops off topic now LOL

MikeC
04-16-12, 01:26 AM
Been real busy lately, but I signed up to be notified when Newegg gets some 680's in stock. That was almost three weeks ago.

A few days later, I received a notification email and within 30 minutes, they had sold out again.

I know this has to be bumming a lot of folks out since the 680 is a fantastic high-end card.

On a related note, a headline was posted about a price drop AMD announced for their 7970 and 7950.

http://www.brightsideofnews.com/news/2012/4/15/amd-drops-price-of-high-end-cards---hd7970-to-24479-and-hd7950-to-24399.aspx

Spartan 117
04-16-12, 02:18 AM
I just got my first PNY GTX 680 a few days ago, I'm really excited about the performance boost over my old SLI GTX 560 Ti w/ GTS 450 for PhysX set up. I already sold one of the GTX 560's and the GTS 450. I will keep the remaining GTX 560Ti for PhysX. I plan to get a second GTX 680 when they are in stock.

Muppet
04-16-12, 05:14 AM
"Kiwi boy"? :wtf:

You crack me up Redeemed. You have a great sence of humor :D

The Kiwi is also our native Bird
http://www.doc.govt.nz/conservation/native-animals/birds/land-birds/kiwi/kiwi/

For sure man!!!! Hows your GTX680s going? I just received an email to say they have been dispatched, will most likely have them Wed now :). Sold 1 of my GTX580s to a mate and probably sold the other one to a work buddy, so the cost is as bad :)

They are going awesome. So very quiet and fast. I'm very happy with them. :)

I haven't gotten around to selling my 580's yet. They are all boxed up and ready to go though.

Ghosthunter
04-16-12, 02:08 PM
Woot got mine today, now I just need Ivy bridge to come out so I can fully take advatange of this card =)

http://img651.imageshack.us/img651/3613/evgagtx680sc.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/651/evgagtx680sc.jpg/)

bob saget
04-16-12, 02:25 PM
"Kiwi boy"? :wtf:

http://vkokoce.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/facepalm1.gif

Redeemed
04-16-12, 02:29 PM
SHUT YOUR MOUTH ROBERT!!!!!

Ghosthunter
04-16-12, 03:22 PM
I just installed it into my machine, could not wait for IB..wanted to make sure it worked too.

Quick question ok to leave one of the power cables hanging like this on the card? My previous card was all encased, was not sure if this could cause a short or something? I just dont know where to put this cable from the fan

http://img802.imageshack.us/img802/1158/evga1b.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/802/evga1b.jpg/)

Pennyboy
04-16-12, 07:29 PM
Been real busy lately, but I signed up to be notified when Newegg gets some 680's in stock. That was almost three weeks ago.

A few days later, I received a notification email and within 30 minutes, they had sold out again.

I know this has to be bumming a lot of folks out since the 680 is a fantastic high-end card.

On a related note, a headline was posted about a price drop AMD announced for their 7970 and 7950.

http://www.brightsideofnews.com/news/2012/4/15/amd-drops-price-of-high-end-cards---hd7970-to-24479-and-hd7950-to-24399.aspx

Thats a shame, normally NZ we have to wait ages for them to come into the country but with the GTX680s they were here pretty much the same time they were in North America. Also stocks are good so theres more than enough to go around :D

Pennyboy
04-16-12, 07:33 PM
You crack me up Redeemed. You have a great sence of humor :D

The Kiwi is also our native Bird
http://www.doc.govt.nz/conservation/native-animals/birds/land-birds/kiwi/kiwi/

They are going awesome. So very quiet and fast. I'm very happy with them. :)

I haven't gotten around to selling my 580's yet. They are all boxed up and ready to go though.

Nice mate, I can't wait for mine to arrive tomorrow. Quiet and fast thats what i'm looking forward too. I have sold one of my GTX580s just trying to sell the 2nd one, think a guy at work is keen otherwise I will chuck it on trademe. Or if I can't sell I will keep it for a future 2nd rig.

FastRedPonyCar
04-16-12, 08:30 PM

dude place an order for one with tiger direct. they take orders whether they have them or not and ship out your order as soon as they get stock. I ordered mine and a few days later it was in stock and on its way to me despite the website saying out of stock when I actually placed my order. They're about 20 bucks more from TD but hey, no fuss or worrying if in stock or not. just place the order and wait for it to arrive.

MikeC
04-17-12, 04:00 PM
dude place an order for one with tiger direct. I really wasn't looking to buy one, just making a comment :)

I agree that TigerDirect is a good place to shop, but around here, folks like Newegg. That's based on our affiliation with Newegg and TigerDirect. I gave up on TigerDirect. But Newegg is da' bomb :)

Pennyboy
04-17-12, 05:54 PM
My 2 evga gtx 680s have just arrived at work. I have taken half a days annual leave to get them installed and have a play :D

fasedww
04-17-12, 06:32 PM
My 2 evga gtx 680s have just arrived at work. I have taken half a days annual leave to get them installed and have a play :D

Have fun:D

Muppet
04-17-12, 06:32 PM

Cool, we want pics and who did you buy them from. :)

FastRedPonyCar
04-17-12, 10:00 PM
I really wasn't looking to buy one, just making a comment :)

I agree that TigerDirect is a good place to shop, but around here, folks like Newegg. That's based on our affiliation with Newegg and TigerDirect. I gave up on TigerDirect. But Newegg is da' bomb :)

yeah I always go to the egg first but I tried for over a week to get my hands on ANY of the 680's and as soon as I'd get an email notification of one in stock, it was gone. I ain't got time to be fooling around with that mess. Just take my money and send me one whenever you get it in.

Pennyboy
04-17-12, 10:46 PM
Cool, we want pics and who did you buy them from. :)

Will post pics shortly (nana2), just got them installed and I am doing a reinstall of Windows to clean it up. I bought them from Computer Lounge in Auckland, i find them really good for service etc.
Damn there are a bunch of updates after a fresh install of Windows 7! LOL

Managed to sell my GTX580s just like that!!!, two guys at work bought a card each :)

Muppet
04-18-12, 02:53 AM
Will post pics shortly (nana2), just got them installed and I am doing a reinstall of Windows to clean it up. I bought them from Computer Lounge in Auckland, i find them really good for service etc.
Damn there are a bunch of updates after a fresh install of Windows 7! LOL

Managed to sell my GTX580s just like that!!!, two guys at work bought a card each :)

Very nice. I also deal with CL, they do have great service.

I know what you mean about all the Windows updates, my SSD died and I just finished installing Windows on my new drive. Just so many updates, even though my copy is SP1.

Pennyboy
04-18-12, 05:49 PM
Very nice. I also deal with CL, they do have great service.

I know what you mean about all the Windows updates, my SSD died and I just finished installing Windows on my new drive. Just so many updates, even though my copy is SP1.

I finished the install of the OS and updates and all my games and programs at 7:00pm then gamed for a few of hours before heading to bed (should of taken a week off work LOL). I am impressed with temps! idle sits around mid to low 30s when in games its around mid sometimes high 60s which is quite a bit better than with my 2 GTX 580s (they idled in the mid 40s and when gaming where in the high 70s). Also BF3 and other demanding games such as Batman AC feel smoother. Will post pics tonight :) sorry got side tracked with my games :)
Crysis 2 with high res pack and DX11 is a running really well and wow the fan noise is way quieter, this was one game that made my GTX580s fans spin up.

Pennyboy
04-19-12, 04:36 AM
Hey guys as promised here are some pics of my PC with my new GTX 680s in SLI.

Muppet
04-19-12, 06:41 AM
looks great. Nice and tidy wiring.

Ghosthunter
04-19-12, 06:49 AM
I finished the install of the OS and updates and all my games and programs at 7:00pm then gamed for a few of hours before heading to bed (should of taken a week off work LOL). I am impressed with temps! idle sits around mid to low 30s when in games its around mid sometimes high 60s which is quite a bit better than with my 2 GTX 580s (they idled in the mid 40s and when gaming where in the high 70s). Also BF3 and other demanding games such as Batman AC feel smoother. Will post pics tonight :) sorry got side tracked with my games :)
Crysis 2 with high res pack and DX11 is a running really well and wow the fan noise is way quieter, this was one game that made my GTX580s fans spin up.

Yeah I was very impressed with temps at idle I am getting 32-35, and in BF3 I get 65-70. That is so much better then my old gtx260 which would get 75-85 when gaming and low 50's when idling.

Btw your case looks great almost got me thinking I need a new one, but did not budget for it when upgrading.