View Full Version : Official "I just got a GeForce GTX 6xx thread"

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12

Pennyboy
04-19-12, 04:39 PM
looks great. Nice and tidy wiring.

Thanks Muppet!

Pennyboy
04-19-12, 04:45 PM
Yeah I was very impressed with temps at idle I am getting 32-35, and in BF3 I get 65-70. That is so much better then my old gtx260 which would get 75-85 when gaming and low 50's when idling.

Btw your case looks great almost got me thinking I need a new one, but did not budget for it when upgrading.

Thanks Ghosthunter, yeah cases are kinda like PSU often overlooked part of the PC but if you get a good case then it can make all the difference in how nice you can get your cables etc and how easy it is for your build. The Corsair 650D is the best case I have worked with and its well priced. I has a CM Cosmos before it and was going to wait for the Cosmos II but glad I didn't because it is way over priced in my opinion, plus I just didn't need a case that big as I am not running a heaps of drives. I looked at the 850D but I am not watercooling or anything and the 650D actually had better airflow and because im running SLI that was more important.
You are probably laughing at the stock Intel cooler :) but I am not into Overclocking, I use to do that in my Geforce 4ti days but now I just run everything at stock. Hardware isn't cheap and I don't really like the risk of OCing even though its heaps easier and safer than it use to be!

Muppet
04-21-12, 12:04 AM
Nice, I had no idea the 4Gb cards had come out yet.

Pennyboy
04-21-12, 12:48 AM
Just got my GTX 680 4096 SLI set-up configured in the last few mins.

(The following Unigine benchmark results were with CPU @ 4.375GHz & V-Sync enabled in the Nvidia CTRL panel & GTX 680s @ default factory OC settings)

My overall impression and smoothness from the GTX 680 SLI was far superior to my experience with the 7970 Crossfire that I had a few weeks ago.
(To be fair I RMAd the 7970s as I had to conclude that they were defective otherwise Crossfire on the 7970s is not fit for use - crashes, micro-stutter hell, wild ups and downs in FPS etc)

The cooler on the Palit Jetstream cards is inaudible over the system fans at idle and hardly noticeable under load, I was very pleasantly surprised by the very low noise and temps!

http://i1147.photobucket.com/albums/o549/Siskods9/Unigine_GTX680_SLI_4096_04212012.jpg

Nice man enjoy them. 4gb woohoo! this is what Nvidia should have made as standard :)

newparad1gm
04-21-12, 12:23 PM
Man, it sucks that these Palit cards aren't out in the U.S. I guess I'll just wait for the EVGA FTW 4GBs.

Pennyboy
04-21-12, 01:45 PM
Thanks Pennyboy.

I just played the opening few mins from CRYSIS and all I can say is wow...
It was flawlessly smooth on these cards, I'm going to play the whole game through again purely because of the smooth game experience. Its just a shame that it took 5 years to get a system that could play it "the way it was meant to be played" :p

I know it's amazing that a 5yr old game is only now able to be played so smoothly maxed out! I wonder if we ever will see a game that pushes hardware like crysis did? I am playing crysis 2 at the moment and loving it!! The graphics and new nano suit stuff is fantastic! Def an under rated game!

Pennyboy
04-21-12, 01:54 PM
Great setups there Pennyboy and Siskods9 :D

I'm glad the new Palit cooler doesn't suck as hard as the previous model. Is the front of the cooler covered by other cards in your setup? Or do you think Tri-SLI would be possible with this cooler?

Thanks slawter :). What are your plans? You going to upgrade to the 680s or hold off until the gk110?

Pennyboy
04-21-12, 01:55 PM
I dunno about Tri-SLI, I think it might be a tight fit and while possible, may not be a great choice with these coolers, a reference cooler design might work better for a 3 card setup.

Here are some pics...

http://i1147.photobucket.com/albums/o549/Siskods9/Image0232.jpg

http://i1147.photobucket.com/albums/o549/Siskods9/Image0231.jpg

http://i1147.photobucket.com/albums/o549/Siskods9/3DMARK11_04212012.jpg

What a beauty!!! Very nice, love the lighting !!!!

fasedww
04-21-12, 04:48 PM
:DNice rig Siskods9

Pennyboy
04-22-12, 04:40 PM
Wow guys, I loaded up Crysis 2 last night and played in 3D Vision with Direct X 11 and the HD high res pack and settting all maxed out and it runs butter smooth!!! I am loving it! A big increase over my 580s in SLI.

Muppet
04-23-12, 02:31 AM
Wow guys, I loaded up Crysis 2 last night and played in 3D Vision with Direct X 11 and the HD high res pack and settting all maxed out and it runs butter smooth!!! I am loving it! A big increase over my 580s in SLI.

Yes it does look pretty cool. I was running it at 1920x1080 SLI 64xCSAA and 16xAA Supersampling and 16xAF. Was very smooth at 50-70 FPS. Not a jaggy in sight. :)

Pennyboy
04-23-12, 05:00 AM
Yes it does look pretty cool. I was running it at 1920x1080 SLI 64xCSAA and 16xAA Supersampling and 16xAF. Was very smooth at 50-70 FPS. Not a jaggy in sight. :)

Wow nice mate!! do you have 3D Vision? it was one thing that I thought was a gimmick (main reason I went with the ASUS monitor I have is for 120hz but it came with 3D vision) anyways after playing games like Crysis 2 I love 3D vision now and am convinced its a must have thing if you are serious about your gaming and prepared to pay up for the Graphics cards and monitor which ain't cheap!!!

Man Crysis 2 is awesome, I was put off it at first because a heap of site like HardOCP rubbished it, but after the DX11 and HD patches were released and it came up on sale at www.mightyape.co.nz I went and bought it and man it should of been a day one purchase! I will def buy Crysis 3.
Pretty happy with my rig now, just have one more purchase to make. I want to pick up an Intel 520 480gb SSD. Just replaced the RAM in my PC today so back to 16gigs again (2 DIMMS failed on me) Just went and bought a 16gig Corsair Blue Vengeance pack, they look real nice in my ASUS P8P67 Deluxe, still have 2 x 4gb black Vengeance spare which I will store away for a 2nd PC build one day.

Pennyboy
04-23-12, 05:42 PM
cant wait to get hold of the asus direct cu2..that thing is a beast..

It sure is big!! Post pics of it in your case when u get it!

Muppet
04-24-12, 07:18 PM
Wow nice mate!! do you have 3D Vision? it was one thing that I thought was a gimmick (main reason I went with the ASUS monitor I have is for 120hz but it came with 3D vision) anyways after playing games like Crysis 2 I love 3D vision now and am convinced its a must have thing if you are serious about your gaming and prepared to pay up for the Graphics cards and monitor which ain't cheap!!!

Man Crysis 2 is awesome, I was put off it at first because a heap of site like HardOCP rubbished it, but after the DX11 and HD patches were released and it came up on sale at www.mightyape.co.nz I went and bought it and man it should of been a day one purchase! I will def buy Crysis 3.
Pretty happy with my rig now, just have one more purchase to make. I want to pick up an Intel 520 480gb SSD. Just replaced the RAM in my PC today so back to 16gigs again (2 DIMMS failed on me) Just went and bought a 16gig Corsair Blue Vengeance pack, they look real nice in my ASUS P8P67 Deluxe, still have 2 x 4gb black Vengeance spare which I will store away for a 2nd PC build one day.

I had 3D Vision, but sold off the monitor. I do miss it and are waiting for the new 27" Asus with 3D Vision 2 Lightboost to arrive down here. Then I will get one and add it to my Monitor collection. :)

You will love the Intel 520 drives. I just recently bought 2 myself (one bought and one from an OCZ rma) :)

Muppet
04-25-12, 03:20 AM
TN Panels, nah :p
I've probably used my 120Hz screen 5 times so far.

I'm afraid until there is an IPS that can do 120Hz, this is what we are stuck with. I love IPS screens, but I also love 120Hz and 3D. That is why I have the best of both worlds. :)

tornadog
04-26-12, 09:00 AM
I have a 3d tv and I was using the Tridef drivers. Is 3d play software better?

tornadog
04-26-12, 04:53 PM
So after a year of AMD, I am back to Nvidia. My card should be here monday. Ordered the EVGA vanilla model, had a 10% coupon from newegg and it worked nicely!!!

Now who wants my unlocked 6950, which is still a great video card for what its worth....

Pennyboy
04-26-12, 09:51 PM
So after a year of AMD, I am back to Nvidia. My card should be here monday. Ordered the EVGA vanilla model, had a 10% coupon from newegg and it worked nicely!!!

Now who wants my unlocked 6950, which is still a great video card for what its worth....

Good stuff, how did you go about securing one of those, it seems as soon as stock is available on New Egg they sell out within a minute or so!?!

tornadog
04-26-12, 10:06 PM
Good stuff, how did you go about securing one of those, it seems as soon as stock is available on New Egg they sell out within a minute or so!?!

searched for gtx 680 on newegg and enabled reloadevery on the results page, and put the page on my second monitor at work. I kept seeing every card that came and went, was waiting for the evga :)

Pennyboy
04-27-12, 05:40 AM
searched for gtx 680 on newegg and enabled reloadevery on the results page, and put the page on my second monitor at work. I kept seeing every card that came and went, was waiting for the evga :)

LOL nice one !!!

Pennyboy
04-27-12, 05:44 AM
the moment the 680 asus dirct cu2 pop up in aus..i am buying it..
really wish they made 4gb version..ram can't be that expensive right?

nVidia should of made 4gb standard, AMD have gone 3gb with the 7970. Mind you unless you are gaming with multi screens then its probably over kill for most? maybe that has helped them keep the cost of the card down?

tornadog
04-30-12, 12:22 PM
what drivers are you guys using for the 680?

Pennyboy
04-30-12, 10:46 PM
what drivers are you guys using for the 680?

Im using 301.10's. They run ok for me, only problem is with Skyrim, if I have SLI and 120hz enabled i get random black flashes on the screen, pretty weird. If I disable either SLI or go down to 60hz the problem goes away. This also happened with my GTX 580SLI setup on 296drivers. Hopefully it gets fixed soon!

Bokishi
05-01-12, 05:07 AM
Dev Drivers 301.32!

mailman2
05-01-12, 08:57 AM
So I have these Palit Jetstream GTX 680s with 4Gb per card...

A couple of notes for anyone considering this model.

1100MHz seems to be the max stable core OC without voltage increase.
I can go beyond this in almost everything but in Unigine Heaven benchmark it crashes at 1150MHz. So in my book once normal operation is no-longer possible in every scenario, there's your limit.

The RAM is fine at 6600MHz, I haven't pushed it further as the additional 2Gb of VRAM is on the backside of the PCB with absolutely no cooling! Quite an oversight IMHO Palit!

Anyways...

I'm going to put some Enzotech passive copper RAM sinks on there as a precaution.

What do you think???
I suppose it will break the warranty...

Go for it... I did.

http://img837.imageshack.us/img837/966/img0206205b1280x7685d.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/837/img0206205b1280x7685d.jpg/)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)