PDA

View Full Version : where is the ut2003 cd key located??!!

jAkUp
09-08-03, 09:14 PM
well i just bought a legit copy of ut2003, it was an opened box.. but i figured it would be ok.. i come home and the game is asking for a cd key.. now im not asking for a cd key, im just asking where the hell they put it!! all i got was a manual, and 3 cd's i dont see a cdkey anywhere.. it says its on the jewel case.. but it has no jewel case...

if you bought ut2003, where does epic put the cd key???

digitalwanderer
09-08-03, 09:27 PM
On the jewel case.

jAkUp
09-08-03, 09:28 PM
but there is no jewel case! just some flimsy paper cd holders... damn.. good thing it only costed me $20:( last time i ever buy an opened game

The Baron
09-08-03, 09:33 PM
Back cover of the manual on the bottom.

jAkUp
09-08-03, 09:36 PM
now this ****in sucks.. there is just a blank spot!!! was it a sticker??? dammit.. i hate ****ing stealers, now i dont even know if circuit city will return it because its the last damn copy they had:mad:

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/attachment.php?s=&attachmentid=3110

The Baron
09-08-03, 09:48 PM
It's NOT a sticker though.

Call up Epic.

jAkUp
09-08-03, 10:33 PM
hmmm thats weird.. well i went back to the store, and they returned it, i drove over to eb, and the key was there...very strange... your right though, it is printed on the manual.. oh well all is good now:D

The Baron
09-08-03, 10:37 PM
Good deal.

I would find you on a Low-G Instagib 135 gamespeed CTF server, but I'd get slapped because of my Mighty 1300 Ping.

GlowStick
09-09-03, 01:45 AM
Can i confrim with someone that some people got a jewel case?

These dam paper things that i got (20$ deal also) piss me off to no end.

and mine is printed on the manual heh.

i think epic just messed up your copy.

Sazar
09-09-03, 01:55 AM
Originally posted by GlowStick
Can i confrim with someone that some people got a jewel case?

These dam paper things that i got (20$ deal also) piss me off to no end.

and mine is printed on the manual heh.

i think epic just messed up your copy.

I have a retail copy...3 cd's... all jewel cases...

the booklet has my cd key listed @ the bottom...

-edit- 3cd's... not 4

Riff
09-09-03, 02:23 AM
The initial run of UT2003 manuals were totally botched by one of the printers. Not only did many manuals lack the printed cd key on the back, but a big batch were printed entirely in shades of orange ink.

GlowStick
09-09-03, 02:26 AM
Originally posted by Sazar
I have a retail copy... 4 cd's... all jewel cases...

the booklet has my cd key listed @ the bottom... 4 cds? omg how.

Mine is 3cd's and the last cd isnt important for the install. It demands it, then asks if you want to install directx 8.1........ then when you say no it finishes.

anyone know if you can buy the diablo II style cd jewel cases? eg ones that can hold 3 + cds?

Sazar
09-09-03, 03:24 AM
Originally posted by GlowStick
4 cds? omg how.

Mine is 3cd's and the last cd isnt important for the install. It demands it, then asks if you want to install directx 8.1........ then when you say no it finishes.

anyone know if you can buy the diablo II style cd jewel cases? eg ones that can hold 3 + cds?

sry.. its 3 am in hte morning here :D

I have 3 cd's not 4... I Was thinking of something else apparently...

haven't played ut2k3 in ages as is...

:D

yah anyways... correction... I just counted,... I have 3 cd's ... not 4

GlowStick
09-09-03, 03:31 AM
Originally posted by Sazar
sry.. its 3 am in hte morning here :D

I have 3 cd's not 4... I Was thinking of something else apparently...

haven't played ut2k3 in ages as is...

:D

yah anyways... correction... I just counted,... I have 3 cd's ... not 4 ah cool, im still peeved about my jewel case, i wonder if i complain to atari if they will send me one.

Heh, its all about the freebies : D

rokzy
09-09-03, 03:45 AM
in the UK it comes in a DVD box with 3 CDs on top of each other.

the CD key is in the manual.

|JuiceZ|
09-09-03, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by Riff
The initial run of UT2003 manuals were totally botched by one of the printers. Not only did many manuals lack the printed cd key on the back, but a big batch were printed entirely in shades of orange ink.

Well I lucked up and snagged the game several days before most of the guys on here had it and ended up getting one of those lovely orange manuals, fortunately the cdkey was still printed on the back though. Hey wonder if I can call it a 'limited edition' manual yet, heh. :D

btw, Baron I owe you some serious ownage for that last whoppin' you gave me playin' ghey low-grav. Look me up on irc.progameplayer.com (irc://irc.progameplayer.com) #vto, show what real UT2k3 IG is all about :afro:

Greg
09-09-03, 09:59 AM
My overpriced Australian copy came in 3 paper sleaves with the key printed on the manual as normal.

Rampant CL
09-09-03, 09:28 PM
Mine was also an ozzie copy with 3 paper sleeves and the key printed on the back of the manual.