PDA

View Full Version : Pirates Of The Carribean Worth Me Buying?

seizetheday4eva
09-10-03, 07:17 AM
At the moment I'm playing Vietcong and totally loving it too, but i'm now after a Role-Player and yes I have Morrowind! One off the best games EVER......

So please tell me what you thougth about Pirates Of The Carribean:

Graphics?
Sound?
Gameplay?

Also is there any patches out for this game?

If enough people like it then I will buy it, from what I have seen this game seems to be above average in Reviews but does have mixed comments! From the screen shots i've seen this came looks beautiful!

ALSO IS THIS GAME A PORT FROM THE X-BOX VERSION OR WAS IT MADE ESPCIALLY FOR THE PC? LOOKING AT THE GRAPHICS I WOULD SAY FOR THE PC FIRST? THEN DOWNGRADED TO THE X-BOX ALTHOUGH I COULD BE WRONG?

nVidi0t
09-10-03, 06:40 PM
It was developed on Xbox and PC simultaneously I think, both versions are identical though.

And yeah, if you loved Morrowind you will love Pirates. The most important thing is, if you love Pirates, you will love the game. You really need to be fond of the subject matter.

Graphics: Upgraded Morrowind. Some amazing landscapes aswell.
Sound: Pretty nice soundtrack, suits the game perfectly.
Gameplay: Morrowind with ship combat, not based as much on class selection.

I would give it an 80% rating, mainly because I love pirates! AYE!

Woodelf
09-20-03, 09:39 AM
I've done Morrowind and tribunal. both excellent. I'm tring to get into Pirates, but it's just not working. I hate that when You kill some one, You get nothing for it, they leave nothing behind. It's not the same type of game, and seem's unfinished, like it coul'd have been much more.
Consittering that it came out after Morrowing, I was expecting a much more expance world, with better interaction towards NPC's. I was expecting Morrowind with pirates (as all the reviews said, But I don't see it that way. For sure though, don't waste You time with the console ver. Get the PC ver. or it will take for ever to get around, and the graphics will be better. I believe that most of the reviews I've seen gave it a 7 out of 10.
Just My lame oppinion.:)

nVidi0t
09-20-03, 02:00 PM
That's not a lame opinion, you are exactly right.

I was expecting a Pirate Morrowind. The funny thing is, the game s linear as hell. The only open ended thing about it is that you can make money in different ways.

Otherwise, there are barely any quests. It's cool going out to sea and doing random stuff though, in that sense it's open ended.

GlowStick
09-20-03, 02:32 PM
Well the people at gonegold.com rave on about how Pirates of the Carribean is so good, it might be worth a shot!

-=DVS=-
09-20-03, 09:56 PM
cool game at first but kinda short i finished it was cool ending Graphics are superb , sound ok , gameplay short :( , with low replay ability