PDA

View Full Version : How does Colin Mcrae Rally 3 run for you?

Ywap
09-10-03, 01:47 PM
Iīm running it using a Radeon 9800 pro and get very high fps but still jerky gameplay, especially disturbing when racing with the hood view. So i want to ask you Geforce FX 5900/pro owners, how does it run for you? Honest answers appreciated :)

I would like to know if itīs the game itself or the drivers i use that causes this "jerkyness".

nVidi0t
09-10-03, 05:41 PM
On my PC it ran fine but the graphics sucked compared to Xbox.. they were all washed out. But then again it could just be my drivers or something.

mrsabidji
09-11-03, 11:09 AM
Runs beautiful and smooth on my MSI 5900 at 1152*864 (I only have an old 17") no AA 8xAF.

mrsabidji

edit : I thought I could be a bit more precise about my PC -> Athlon XP 2000+, MSI KT3 Ultra2, 512MB PC2100 (2x256), Seagate Barracuda 80GB ATA 133, Seagate Barracuda 20GB ATA 100, Fortissimo 2, 3com 3C905B-TX and some other stuffs like CD burner, DVD, TV tuner etc... it's all being handled by XP-Pro SP1 with Dets 45.24

Ywap
09-11-03, 12:56 PM
Thanks for your replies guys!

mrsabidji, if youīre up for it could you please try this setting:

Australia SS3, max draw distance, hood view, 1024 x 768 and tell me if it feels completely smooth?

Thx :)

Kain
09-11-03, 04:15 PM
Is there a demo for the game?

Ywap
09-11-03, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by Kain
Is there a demo for the game?

Yes, both a demo and a patch for the demo.

http://www.gamershell.com/download_2356.shtml

patch:

http://www.codemasters.co.uk/support/findpatches.php?gameid=1151

mrsabidji
09-11-03, 05:56 PM
I tried it with your settings and honnestly, it ran rather smooth. I would say completely smooth but some of those dam' trees decided to stand on my way. I managed to complete the stage with a smoothly animated hood before my eyes anyway.
I was thinking... do you run any program in the background when playing (Anti-virus, P2P...)? That could be causing the stuttering...

mrsabidji

GlowStick
09-11-03, 06:00 PM
I had the demo and ran smoothly, on rig Gs below.

anyways i thought the graphics were consol like, didndt look good to me, old etc.

anyways here is a cool thing to do though

keep doing a doughnut eventualy your tire will pop : D

Ywap
09-11-03, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by mrsabidji
I tried it with your settings and honnestly, it ran rather smooth. I would say completely smooth but some of those dam' trees decided to stand on my way. I managed to complete the stage with a smoothly animated hood before my eyes anyway.
I was thinking... do you run any program in the background when playing (Anti-virus, P2P...)? That could be causing the stuttering...

mrsabidji

Thanks alot for trying that out mrsabidji.

I have tried to close down everything i know is safe to disable in the background, virus etc. The wierd thing is that it doesnīt matter if i run in 800 x 600 no aa/af or 1024 x 768 with 4aa/8af, it still kind of stutter even though the framerate is high and stable....

But now i know this game can run smooth so it could be worth doing some more efforts. I just hope itīs not the drivers because some people claim that it run smooth on their ati hardware also over at rage3d.

Again, thx :)

Kain
09-12-03, 12:18 AM
Okay, I just downloaded the demo. When I run it, it gives me an error saying "Your graphic card does not meet the minimum spec" or something like that. Maybe I need the patch?

Kain
09-12-03, 03:28 AM
Okay, I installed the patch and it works now.