PDA

View Full Version : Half Life 2 Benchmark avalability

GlowStick
09-11-03, 12:36 AM
Hi,

Now that the Reviewers have the HL2 benchmark, but they are not releaseing any pic's so far : (

also, im guessing the only way to get it is steam heh : D

digitalwanderer
09-11-03, 12:59 AM
I have a feeling we'll be seeing it REAL soon, like mebbe tomorrow when they put the Steam thing online. :cool:

GlowStick
09-11-03, 01:11 AM
I for one cant wait, heh i keep checking the steam page constantly to see when its out : P

Also here is some food for thought,

asssumeing we can see the bench play', shoudlnt the AA effect be applyed when forced via control panel, then we can see if the AA problems are fixed or not, etc!

GlowStick
09-11-03, 03:08 PM
Bad news!

It seems that Gabe seemed to have said that the Benchmark will be released Setember 30th.

But aparently review sites seem to have it!

digitalwanderer
09-11-03, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by GlowStick
Bad news!

It seems that Gabe seemed to have said that the Benchmark will be released Setember 30th.

But aparently review sites seem to have it!
That's ok with me, I got some friends on review sites.... ;)

BTW-Does anyone know Gabe's e-dress? I'd really like to send him a thank you note. :)

GlowStick
09-11-03, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by digitalwanderer
That's ok with me, I got some friends on review sites.... ;)

BTW-Does anyone know Gabe's e-dress? I'd really like to send him a thank you note. :) *cough*screenshots*cough*

emotionstation
09-11-03, 03:47 PM
http://home.grics.net/overclocked/hammered.jpg

;)

GlowStick
09-11-03, 03:49 PM
I really dont think they are being hammerd, but that could be the case, their pages were so small, but then again, they were all dynapic from one script (bad idea in it self)

i think eather there could be some fishey DOS attacks, but it could also be their server takeing a crap.

MrNasty
09-11-03, 04:10 PM
Plz if anyone has the benchmark upload it or something so we can all enjoy it off bit torrent. Reviewers, please put gamers first for once :|

GlowStick
09-11-03, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by MrNasty
Plz if anyone has the benchmark upload it or something so we can all enjoy it off bit torrent. Reviewers, please put gamers first for once :| I second that notion : P

digitalwanderer
09-11-03, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by MrNasty
Plz if anyone has the benchmark upload it or something so we can all enjoy it off bit torrent. Reviewers, please put gamers first for once :|
Oh gods...I haven't even checked Supernova or LickMyTaint for it yet!

(The Dig scurries off!)

Nutty
09-11-03, 04:14 PM
Something is definitly going on with steam, when it boots up, it starts looking for updates, and dies from connection failure..

It cant be DOS attacks, unless there is a central server holding all the steam server addresses, as its P2P.

GlowStick
09-11-03, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by Nutty
Something is definitly going on with steam, when it boots up, it starts looking for updates, and dies from connection failure..

It cant be DOS attacks, unless there is a central server holding all the steam server addresses, as its P2P. Hm, i think that valve just turned Steam off, and possibly they are just going to update their page or something, but its running awfully slow

Im gonna bet that Steam will not be released today due to problems.

Headbust
09-11-03, 06:44 PM
They dont have the benchmarks, all they have are the graphs valve gave to them

GlowStick
09-11-03, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by Headbust
They dont have the benchmarks, all they have are the graphs valve gave to them Yes, so far the 'sites' are just reposting the benches Valve had, however Anandtech has already said he is running his own tests.

May i refer to this

http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.html?i=1862

Star_Hunter
09-11-03, 06:51 PM
Yes they do they just cant show theri results untill midnight

emotionstation
09-11-03, 06:54 PM
Why not? Everyone else has.

GlowStick
09-11-03, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by emotionstation
Why not? Everyone else has. Every other news site is posting charts that Valve gave them. thats why every site has the exact same charts heh.

valve gave the BIG review sites the HL2 benchmark, and they are under NDA untill tomorow. the nda says they cant say much untill its lifted.

emotionstation
09-11-03, 06:59 PM
Why did [H] say that Valve is releasing the Half-Life 2 Benchmark to the press on September 30th, then?

Or did they mean the 'general' press?

MrNasty
09-11-03, 07:03 PM
Why does valve relese the benchmark to reviewers first instead of the gameing public on mass ?

Is this some sort of media cartel?

Is there an actual NDA on this benchmark up ?

Seems sort of pointless in my opinion, Why not just give the benchmark to the gamers for them to draw their own conclusions rather than have the convoluted passdown of information that we see here.

They did this with doom3 as well.

IMO non public benchmarks should be BANNED because they only seem to serve as benchmarks for a handfull of reviewers world wide, so anything like a benchmark in the same way that sisoft sandra or 3dmark operates would be impossible.

It's ****ing ****. I don't want some fanboy reviewer with his head up his arse telling me what to buy or how fast this or that is I want to find out for myself. It costs nothing to put a benchmark on bittorrent so ****ing DO IT allready.

GlowStick
09-11-03, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by emotionstation
Why did [H] say that Valve is releasing the Half-Life 2 Benchmark to the press on September 30th, then?

Or did they mean the 'general' press? No, thats the good/bad news, on Setember 30 everyone gets the benchmark *yay*

but the bad news is, Valve promiced us the benchmark before HL2 was released.

That could mean 2 things.

1 They just took it back, its released with the game
2 It really is released before the game, because HL2 is delayed : (

GlowStick
09-11-03, 09:41 PM
Hi, i dont want to start a new thread but

new Source Engine video out

http://www.fileplanet.com/files/130000/130227.shtml

Just wanted to point it out to people like me who are counting the days heh