PDA

View Full Version : GeForce GTX 680 availability

Maverickman
04-11-12, 09:45 AM
I've been wanting to get a new GTX 680 from any vendor, but I have had a lot of difficulty locating one. All the main e-tail sites like Newegg and Frys are out. I went to ebay and Amazon, but I'm unwilling to pay $100 or more over MSRP to those scalpers. Anyone hear about the availability of the GTX 680. It's obviously extremely difficult to locate at MSRP, but I'm hoping that the availability will improve soon. I never thought a $500 video card would sell out so quickly maybe TSMC is having problems with 28nm process, but the HD 7970 seems to be available.

This reminds me of my attempts to get an ATI X800 XT PE back in 2004. I was never able to buy one even though I spent a TON of time online at various sites.

ViN86
04-11-12, 10:25 AM
But it was a hard launch guys... :bleh:

ZOTAC is in stock on Newegg atm.

Ghosthunter
04-11-12, 04:14 PM
At 6:30 est always check the evga website and keep hitting f5 to refresh. That is how I got mine .

It seems that is when they update the inventory system. I notice it shows up anywhere form 6:30 until about 6:50

But only is there for maybe 2-3 minutes so make sure you have an account and logged in already

TheTaz
04-12-12, 09:22 AM
I got mine by pure luck.

I had notifications turned on at both newegg and evga... forwarded my e-mail to my work just in case... at work, received notification from evga... went to purchase... was sold out by the time I finally got my CC info in... went to newegg (just to check (AND they NEVER notified me))... they had some in stock, so I purchased one... checked again... they were sold out within 5 minutes of my purchase.

So... there are cards being delivered, constantly... but obviously, in small quantities. One can't really label that as a "paper launch". You just have to be swift and lucky to nab one now... or pay the overage on places that are gouging with the supply vs. demand thing. :(

ViN86
04-12-12, 02:20 PM
I got mine by pure luck.

I had notifications turned on at both newegg and evga... forwarded my e-mail to my work just in case... at work, received notification from evga... went to purchase... was sold out by the time I finally got my CC info in... went to newegg (just to check (AND they NEVER notified me))... they had some in stock, so I purchased one... checked again... they were sold out within 5 minutes of my purchase.

So... there are cards being delivered, constantly... but obviously, in small quantities. One can't really label that as a "paper launch". You just have to be swift and lucky to nab one now... or pay the overage on places that are gouging with the supply vs. demand thing. :(
:lol:

For all intents and purposes, it's a paper launch until they remain stocked for more than 10 minutes at a time.

MSI and Galaxy are in stock on Newegg atm.

MikeC
04-16-12, 08:07 PM
Received notification that the Asus was in stock at Newegg at 5:25pm. Already out of stock, but there are 12 customer reviews :)

Johnny C
04-16-12, 09:58 PM
Received notification that the Asus was in stock at Newegg at 5:25pm. Already out of stock, but there are 12 customer reviews :)

Well then they've sold at least 12

MikeC
04-17-12, 02:08 AM
Well then they've sold at least 12I've purchased products from Newegg before, but have never completed a review or provided a rating on their web site. Does their review/rating policy require that the product be purchased from them before they allow a customer review? I imagine they would to reduce the amount viral marketing that takes place on the Internet.

mailman2
04-17-12, 07:46 AM
At 6:30 est always check the evga website and keep hitting f5 to refresh. That is how I got mine .

It seems that is when they update the inventory system. I notice it shows up anywhere form 6:30 until about 6:50

But only is there for maybe 2-3 minutes so make sure you have an account and logged in already

same here - its not that hard. f5 newegg about 6:30 PM EDT (and 4:15ish), they are in stock every night. I ordered mine the day I decided to buy one.

MikeC
04-17-12, 03:04 PM
same here - its not that hard. f5 newegg about 6:30 PM EDT (and 4:15ish), they are in stock every night. I ordered mine the day I decided to buy one.That's good info there. Maybe they are selling out so fast that notifications aren't being sent.

Pennyboy
04-17-12, 04:53 PM
I've purchased products from Newegg before, but have never completed a review or provided a rating on their web site. Does their review/rating policy require that the product be purchased from them before they allow a customer review? I imagine they would to reduce the amount viral marketing that takes place on the Internet.

Its been a long time since I lived in Texas (2003 - 2004) and bought from New Egg but I think anyone can review a product but if you have bought the product then it mentions that in the comment.

john19055
04-27-12, 05:31 AM
I wish they would get some in stock ,it is almost a paper launch because it is really hard to find one and they are upping the price because of it.I would like to go to newegg and have more then one option to choose from.What I really would like to see is a GTX-670 and see if it is going to be like a GTX-580 to GTX-570 in performance.I hear rummors that there will be a GTX-670-Ti and a GTX-670 and a GTX-690.I might go with a GTX-690 if the performance is good and they don't have it way over priced.

Pennyboy
04-27-12, 05:37 AM
I wish they would get some in stock ,it is almost a paper launch because it is really hard to find one and they are upping the price because of it.I would like to go to newegg and have more then one option to choose from.What I really would like to see is a GTX-670 and see if it is going to be like a GTX-580 to GTX-570 in performance.I hear rummors that there will be a GTX-670-Ti and a GTX-670 and a GTX-690.I might go with a GTX-690 if the performance is good and they don't have it way over priced.

Its crazy how popular the GTX 680 is, we are lucky over here there are a few online stores that have always have stock, maybe you could import one from New Zealand :)

Pennyboy
04-28-12, 04:40 PM
4?!!! Wow are you going to quad sli them? Post pics please!!!!!

jlippo
04-30-12, 02:30 AM
Its crazy how popular the GTX 680 is, we are lucky over here there are a few online stores that have always have stock, maybe you could import one from New Zealand :)
Same here in Finland, got mine at launch and there has been some GTX680 in shelves almost every day since.

MUYA
04-30-12, 03:29 AM
I have four on the way as I write this

Send me one for safe keeping bro! you know I wouldn't splash baby glue over it like some guy did over his what was it nv40?

I could return it to you after Maxwell .....releases?

MikeC
05-02-12, 04:44 AM
I have four on the way as I write thisGet out of here! You ARE the man!

Reliquary
05-03-12, 02:38 AM
Cyberpower in the UK appear to have supply problems. We decided to replace our old GTX295 rig completely and ordered one with a 680 at its throbbing heart on 15th April. We're now in the "It'll be delivered in the middle of next week...", "Sorry, but it'll go for assembly next Monday..." stage because they don't have any 680s. Only consolation is that we'll be getting a "free" upgrade to Ivy Bridge on the processor front.

Bowen
05-10-12, 05:37 AM
I bought mine at Provantage and it said the average time for the card to ship TO Provantage is 8 to 9 days. Well yesterday, I noticed that Provantage just now took the money out for the card. It's a vanilla GTX 680 for $529.04 and that includes shipping and tax. It's one of the best prices I've seen out there.

At any rate I've yet to receive a notification from Provantage regarding this. They could do it today. It was just a few hours ago that they took the money out. Wouldn't you guys think that they've got the OK from EVGA....I mean they wouldn't take my money unless they had the card right. I ordered on May 2nd and on May 9th they took the money out. I hope the get it out to me soon because I've got a computer to build.

CPU: Core i5 3570k
RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 16GB DDR3 1600
Mobo: MSI Z77A-G45
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 680 (vanilla card)
PSU: CORSAIR Professional Series HX850 (Going to get that in a couple months) Will Be Using Corsair HX620 in the meantime
Case: Cooler Master HAF922