PDA

View Full Version : Goodbye NVIDIA!!!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

jAkUp
09-11-03, 11:50 AM
Look at the date of this thread before you read this!!! Now I have a 6800U and am very happy with it!

digitalwanderer
09-11-03, 11:59 AM
nVidia won't die over this, they still make a kicking mobo and NV40 next year should bring them back into the game.

They definately lost this battle though, but there will be a new war next year. :)

rokzy
09-11-03, 12:03 PM
lol

maybe a mod could make this sticker-removal procedure a sticky

;)

ZoinKs!
09-11-03, 12:06 PM
omg this made me lol. Glad you reacting with humor. :afro2:

I just gotta wonder what the people at nVidia are thinking. We know they read the boards and they'll probably see this thread. Looks like their Judgement Day has come.

And yeah, I hope you find a buyer for your fx...

Dark Jedi
09-11-03, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by digitalwanderer
nVidia won't die over this, they still make a kicking mobo and NV40 next year should bring them back into the game.

They definately lost this battle though, but there will be a new war next year. :)

This can't be Digitalwanderer... he must have been replaced by an Nvidia sent clone. :D :p

rokzy
09-11-03, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by Dark Jedi
This can't be Digitalwanderer... he must have been replaced by an Nvidia sent clone. :D :p

don't worry, he's high as a kite atm

jAkUp
09-11-03, 12:09 PM
yea.. and i also work as sales at a retail computer store... my opinions can affect alot more video card buyers than just me.;)

Kev1
09-11-03, 12:14 PM
This seems kinda sad because since jakUp got his NV30 he was like one of the positive Nvidia people.

I hope jakUp you continue to post here at NVnews as I enjoyed reading your comments, and your ethusiasm :)

creedamd
09-11-03, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by jAkUp
yea.. and i also work as sales at a retail computer store... my opinions can affect alot more video card buyers than just me.;)

Now you need to change your sig, to "soon to be ___"

Glad to see that you saw the light. Like DW said, hopefully Nvidia will get back in the game. We need them to compete instead of cheat.

NKVD
09-11-03, 12:38 PM
We (all of those who screwed up and bought FX 5900 card) should get on the streets and start burning NVIDIA flags !!!!

digitalwanderer
09-11-03, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by rokzy
don't worry, he's high as a kite atm
Believe it or not, I've been clean for a week now. I'm getting ready for job hunting and I wanna keep me options open. ;)

creedamd
09-11-03, 12:51 PM
Believe it or not, I've been clean for a week now. I'm getting ready for job hunting and I wanna keep me options open. ;)

what's up with this job smob stuff??

digitalwanderer
09-11-03, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by creedamd
what's up with this job smob stuff??
My kids are both in school now full-time and I got free time from 9-2 each day, I wanna get something so I can earn some dosh for new kit. ;)

Not yet though, I'm still getting caught up on repairing my house for a while...but I'm doing odd jobs in the mean time as they come by. Got a few PC repairs lined up and a roofing job, and I still ain't really checked me old construction contacts.

Money is neat, I want more of it. :cool:

Dazz
09-11-03, 01:26 PM
lol, yeah i've only really had 1 ATi card and i am happy with it :)

extreme_dB
09-11-03, 01:36 PM
That was a sweet sticker lol. But the comedy value of your post is worth ripping it up hehe.

What happens when Nvidia redeems themselves with a future product?
Make sure the ATI sticker is low-tack. :D

oqvist
09-11-03, 01:37 PM

But who would dare to buy a NV40 after nVidias poor track record with the NV30 and NV35? They seems to be two hole years behind ATI in term of technology since the 9700 PRO is a far superior dx 9 video card than nVidia. Hell the 5900 ULTRA even got beaten by the 9600 PRO by quite a margin.

Dazz
09-11-03, 01:38 PM
HAHAHA i was thinking the same thing myself.

EMunEeE
09-11-03, 02:20 PM
Do any nVidia employees post here, they can she the collapse of their empire. Its amazing because in the past year I've seen a lot of people go over to ATi for their hardware and what not. Amazing transition.

jakup can I have ur 5900 Ultra....worth a shot?

Diamond_G
09-11-03, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by $E Mun$
Do any nVidia employees post here, they can she the collapse of their empire. Its amazing because in the past year I've seen a lot of people go over to ATi for their hardware and what not. Amazing transition.

jakup can I have ur 5900 Ultra....worth a shot?

unless VIA comes back with a very impressive offering, nVidia isn't gonna go anywhere...

The nForce chipset is the only reason why AMD is somewhat competative with Intel right now.... And from what I hear about the third chipset (the 64-bit one), it is nothing to sneeze at.

DMA
09-11-03, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by Dark Jedi

Nah.. He has shown signs of mano depression in the past too.
Just like his hero HB..

digitalwanderer
09-11-03, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by DMA
Nah.. He has shown signs of mano depression in the past too.
Just like his hero HB..
Very possibly, I have me down moments too....

...but today DEFINATELY isn't one of them! :lol:

Toaster
09-11-03, 02:44 PM
I like the pictorial:D:D

but the nv sticker does it's job perfectly up to sticker specs, being as sticky as possible ;)

you don't even have to use cheats (like nailing it to the case to make it look like its a sticky sticker while in fact it's just a piccy thats nailed to a case and pretending to be a sticky sticker) and ya still complaining? :p

creedamd
09-11-03, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by Toaster
I like the pictorial:D:D

but the nv sticker does it's job perfectly up to sticker specs, being as sticky as possible ;)

you don't even have to use cheats (like nailing it to the case to make it look like its a sticky sticker while in fact it's just a piccy thats nailed to a case and pretending to be a sticky sticker) and ya still complaining? :p

The colors were washed out, and the sticker would only let him stick it in one place.

rokzy
09-11-03, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by creedamd
...and the sticker would only let him stick it in one place.

that's nvidia and it's damn clip planes again

creedamd
09-11-03, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by rokzy
that's nvidia and it's damn clip planes again

heh, I was talking about the forcing not so trilinear.

Heheheh.. it's like name that cheat... lmao.