PDA

View Full Version : Who's to blame for FX's poor performance in Half-Life 2?

Pages : [1] 2 3

rokzy
09-11-03, 03:19 PM
it wasn't me

GlowStick
09-11-03, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by rokzy
it wasn't me Lies, i have proof that not only rokzy caused this, but he also shot JFK! :nana:

Diamond_G
09-11-03, 03:29 PM
no one said nVidia had to make a graphics card that runs dx9 better than the rest let alone be compatible with it....

but then again it would help them to stop making it seem like the next best thing since sliced bread.

Toaster
09-11-03, 03:41 PM
I voted Other

the first option: "nVidia - for not following DX9 specs properly" is BS in my opinion.

it's still nvidias fault though, but that is because they underestimated the (heavy) usage of ps2.0 so quickly amongst developers.

Hellbinder
09-11-03, 03:48 PM
yes.. the one person who picked this..

Microsoft/Valve/ATI/Futuremark/Rest of World - conspiracy against nVidia

Was me.. /Raises hand :afro:

It was just to Freaking funny when i read it to pass up. :D

AthlonXP1800
09-11-03, 03:49 PM
I am surprised many people jumped to conclusions and realised that they should be patiently for a few day. It was only bloody driver that hurt the HL2 performance. Now Guru3D showed how well Detonator 51.75 benchmarked with AquaMark 3, I am surprised it reached the same level with 9800 Pro with same fps, 50/50 gee guess the real war has begin.

I think some people were angry and upset yesterday and abandoned the ships and now end up drowned between ATI and Nvidia ship. Now things get better and it no need to abandon the ship for nothing!

I supsect Gabe could be to blame for not shown the Detonator 51.75 benchmark, I think it will be the same story with Hutton Inquiry to find out whether Tony Blair or the government to blame for Dr Kelly death, the PM and the govt not to blamed, in the end they will be in the clear. I think in the end Nvidia will be in the clear after all.

Or maybe something we never thought, it could be ATI to blame, it could be possible that ATI is in secret convert operation with Gabe to make the HL2 bechmark look bad for Nvidia and create a coup with some Nvidia fans to create a rage within Nvidia community to jump onboard ATI. :D

silence
09-11-03, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by AthlonXP1800
I am surprised many people jumped to conclusions and realised that they should be patiently for a few day. It was only bloody driver that hurt the HL2 performance. Now Guru3D showed how well Detonator 51.75 benchmarked with AquaMark 3, I am surprised it reached the same level with 9800 Pro with same fps, 50/50 gee guess the real war has begin.

I think some people were angry and upset yesterday and abandoned the ships and now end up drowned between ATI and Nvidia ship. Now things get better and it no need to abandon the ship for nothing!

I supsect Gabe could be to blame for not shown the Detonator 51.75 benchmark, I think it will be the same story with Hutton Inquiry to find out whether Tony Blair or the government to blame for Dr Kelly death, the PM and the govt not to blamed, in the end they will be in the clear. I think in the end Nvidia will be in the clear after all.

:confused:

heh...at least i know where to come for good laugh.....

reever2
09-11-03, 03:53 PM
Now Guru3D showed how well Detonator 51.75 benchmarked with AquaMark 3, I am surprised it reached the same level with 9800 Pro with same fps, 50/50 gee guess the real war has begin.

Wasn't Aquamark 3 a Nvidia/Aquamark joint venture? When Nvidia pairs up with a developer it usually means lowered ATI performance(i.e. use of cg)

aapo
09-11-03, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by AthlonXP1800

What mushrooms you've been eating and where they can be found? :afro2:

The Baron
09-11-03, 03:54 PM
AAAAHHHHH!

What do we know about AquaMark 3?

Well, if those 51.75 benches are any indication, IT IS NOT SHADER LIMITED IN THE LEAST.

Shadowx
09-11-03, 03:56 PM
If NV will have copied the 9700 that came out a year ago, they will have a DX9 card by now :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Hellbinder
09-11-03, 03:57 PM

That is complete and utter Fanboy *Beep*.

Aquamark only Gained 5 FPS or Less from the Det50's. The 5600's LOST performance. Aquamark3 is Pretty Questionable imo already as its supposedly a DX9 game yet its performance Trends dont reflect every other DX9 case in exsistance.

Nvidia is 50% speed behind ATi. Gabe Newel already stated that they detected NUMEROUS outright Cheats in the Det50's and Stated that they do not want their game benched with them.

To tell you the TRuth I cant even begin to understand you, or the reasoning you use to come up with your positions on these issues.

combat_wombat
09-11-03, 03:58 PM
this type of fun have come around before. there is this sudden switch that some people will make because of one game, but in the end cool heads will prevail. I remember all the hoopla around Quake 3, and matrox/nvidia. That was really annoying. But personally, I wait until the games are out to test it myself. Turd Raider series has always been crap, except for the first one

digitalwanderer
09-11-03, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by The Baron
AAAAHHHHH!

What do we know about AquaMark 3?

Well, if those 51.75 benches are any indication, IT IS NOT SHADER LIMITED IN THE LEAST.
ROFLMFAO~~~~

You fanboi! :p

I think it's a bloody conspiracy! Valve/ATi/Microsoft are all out to knock nVidia from their throne for some unknown reason and are all working together to discredit them!

How come it's ONLY HL2 that shows such a performance gap?!? Could it POSSIBLY have anything to do with the fact that ATi gave Valve a BAZILLION DOLLARS AND SEXUAL FAVORS TO SLANT THE BENCHMARK IN THEIR FAVOR?!?!!

You fanbois rushing to judgement just make me want to puke! :mad: You just wait until Doom3 comes out and every game that is ever made after that will use the D3 engine and have the best looking and fastest damned shadows that have ever graced a corridor wall!!!! :mad:

reever2
09-11-03, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by combat_wombat
this type of fun have come around before. there is this sudden switch that some people will make because of one game, but in the end cool heads will prevail. I remember all the hoopla around Quake 3, and matrox/nvidia. That was really annoying. But personally, I wait until the games are out to test it myself. Turd Raider series has always been crap, except for the first one

So in other words, you will overlook NV30's horrible shader performance, but only if the game its being shown in is bad in your opinion, without realizing the silicon is at fault and not the game

Zenikase
09-11-03, 04:03 PM
I love dw.

rokzy
09-11-03, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by Hellbinder
yes.. the one person who picked this..

Was me.. /Raises hand :afro:

It was just to Freaking funny when i read it to pass up. :D

this is a poll, not America's Funniest Home Videos

I bet you voted for Bush for the same reason

;) :D

Hellbinder
09-11-03, 04:04 PM
BAZILLION DOLLARS AND SEXUAL FAVORS TO SLANT THE BENCHMARK IN THEIR FAVOR?!?!!

CRAP!!! Sexual Favors

You've clearly uncovered the truth here... The Question is... Was it the Monkey or the Yak that finally pushed Valve over the edge of Ecstasy.

Bunch of Damn Pimps Running ATi these days.. :mad:

Zenikase
09-11-03, 04:06 PM
Yeah, what's up with that? They must be smoking something hallucinogenic... :rolleyes:

combat_wombat
09-11-03, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by reever2
So in other words, you will overlook NV30's horrible shader performance, but only if the game its being shown in is bad in your opinion, without realizing the silicon is at fault and not the game

I don't play any DX9 games at the moment that utilize those features, so it is irrelevant to me at this time. I could die tommorrow.

aapo
09-11-03, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by Hellbinder
Bunch of Damn Pimps Running ATi these days.. :mad:

You misspelled it, it goes like:

Bunch of Dawn Pimps Running ATi these days.. :mad:

:D

saturnotaku
09-11-03, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by rokzy
I bet you voted for Bush for the same reason

He's from Canada, you twit.

Hellbinder
09-11-03, 04:11 PM
He's from Canada, you twit.

Hahahahahaha ROLF...

im From IDAHO your Twit.. :p

CDA= Coeur d'Alene as in Coeur d'Alene, Idaho

Last time I checked thats in the USA. ;)

I Voted for bush.. But i think hes mostly Turned out to be a sell out Twit on all issues except for Iraq Which i agree with him on. The problem is the Democrats are even worse.. So myybe ill have to move to canada after all. :afro:

aapo
09-11-03, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by combat_wombat
I don't play any DX9 games at the moment that utilize those features, so it is irrelevant to me at this time. I could die tommorrow.

Uhh... Contrary to common belief slow shaders won't kill you, at least that fast, so I strongly believe you live past tomorrow.

:angel:

Quitch
09-11-03, 04:13 PM
Gee, this is tough.

3DMark 03 is released with DX 9 text... FX sucks.

Tomb Raider: Angel of Darkness, a true DX 9 game is released... FX sucks.

Half-Life 2 - a true DX 9 game - bench tests are released... FX sucks.

Connection... so hard... to make...