PDA

View Full Version : HL2 in Feb 2004? Something is wrong here.

Pages : [1] 2 3

Slappi
09-12-03, 10:02 AM
A day later after all this BS and they delay it?!? Things that make you go Hmmmmmm. I wonder if they did that BS yesterday to appease ATI who sunk money into Valve to bundle their card (RV360) with the game in October. Now it looks like it will be bundled with the R420...... nice timing! :confused:

Looks like nVidia will have it's nV40 out around then. This is weird! Something tells me that we, the consumer, are being pulled around through the mud by ATI, Valve and nVidia.

Toaster
09-12-03, 10:19 AM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA man this is almost as funny as your "Typical NVnews Forum thread"-thread

(i read the frontpage, so it seems to be for real)

there are a lot of HL2 fans who are quite pissed right now.. heh i wonder who will get the blame for this delay :p

combat_wombat
09-12-03, 10:26 AM
If anyone would delay it, it would be Vivendi. They are in the middle of a corporate buyout by GE. It's hard to say how that would affect their product schedule though, if at all. Most likely day to day operations and product release would continue as normal, so maybe the retailers got bad information

GlowStick
I feel that vivendity said its delayed, valve is still convinced its on time though, albight it steam is sooooo late heh.

digitalwanderer
No way, Valve hasn't said anything about a delay and until they do I'm expecting it to be available on 9/30. :)

jAkUp
09-12-03, 10:27 AM
eh it still means nothing

Miksu
09-12-03, 10:29 AM
My conspiracy theory is that this is a damage control from some company called nVidia. They don't want to see people selling their FX-cards so they leak "info" stating that HL2 isn't going to be released for months, so no reason to sell your cards.

volt
09-12-03, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by digitalwanderer
No way, Valve hasn't said anything about a delay and until they do I'm expecting it to be available on 9/30. :)

On the 30th, there will be a demo with benchmark. That's all you will get on that date.

GlowStick
09-12-03, 10:35 AM
No way, Valve hasn't said anything about a delay and until they do I'm expecting it to be available on 9/30. :) Hehe me too, and here is my schedule for that day

12:00AM, i will gander to Wal-Mart, usually they are on top of it on putting DVD's out at midnight, so ill see if i can snag it then. If it goes well, i will be laughing at everyone who has to wait : P, then upgrade via steam.

if they dont have it then

9am, wake up show etc
9:30am leave for best buy, wait at door : P

digitalwanderer
09-12-03, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by Miksu
My conspiracy theory is that this is a damage control from some company called nVidia. They don't want to see people selling their FX-cards so they leak "info" stating that HL2 isn't going to be released for months, so no reason to sell your cards.
I'd laugh, but it's probably too close to the truth to be funny. :(

I disagree Volt, and until someone from Valve says something nothing is going to change me mind until 9/30. :)

Vash
09-12-03, 10:53 AM
Ditto, DW. Ditto.

4q2
09-12-03, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by Miksu

ding!!! ding!!! ding!!! ding!!! ding!!!

Exactly!!!

Then Nvidia can bring the Doom3 benches back into discussion and claim that their crappy cards aren't so bad after all.

Nvidia sinks lower everyday.....

volt
09-12-03, 11:05 AM
I'd laugh, but it's probably too close to the truth to be funny. :(

I disagree Volt, and until someone from Valve says something nothing is going to change me mind until 9/30. :)

Well, Anandtech already stated that on the 30th we will see a demo + benchmark.

With the game almost done and a benchmarkable demo due out on September 30th, it isn't a surprise that we were given the opportunity to benchmark the demos shown off by Valve at E3 this year

|JuiceZ|
09-12-03, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by volt
On the 30th, there will be a demo with benchmark. That's all you will get on that date.

I wondered if anyone else noticed this as well. I'm usually not one to speculate but I just found it awful suspicious that they said 'only' stated the benchmark would be released on that date. One would think if the release date was set-in-stone it would have been stated there.

Benchmark 9/30
Demo/Retail Version Oct/Nov '03

digitalwanderer
09-12-03, 11:11 AM
Well, Anandtech already stated that on the 30th we will see a demo + benchmark.

With the game almost done and a benchmarkable demo due out on September 30th, it isn't a surprise that we were given the opportunity to benchmark the demos shown off by Valve at E3 this year
But that does NOT mean we won't see the game too... ;)

GlowStick
09-12-03, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by |JuiceZ|
I wondered if anyone else noticed this as well. I'm usually not one to speculate but I just found it awful suspicious that they said 'only' stated the benchmark would be released on that date. One would think if the release date was set-in-stone it would have been stated there.

Benchmark 9/30
Demo/Retail Version Oct/Nov '03

that speculation would make valves statements that

"A HL2 benchmark will be out BEFORE the game"

so if its comming out when the games gonna be released, the games probly late : O

GlowStick
09-12-03, 11:41 AM
Breaking news,

Although boxed versions of the highly anticipated new game Half-Life 2 won't be available in stores for a couple of months, Valve Software is releasing the game for download now.

Thats from a wried article, i think what it means is that in all reality HL2 has to go gold like a day before its release, so delivery is pritty much instant for STEAM : P

also steam non beta is out, http://www.city-17.net for more info

PreservedSwine
09-12-03, 11:44 AM
Is all this ruccus being caused by Gamestpps estimated arrival date?

If so, this thread is a monument to stupidity and should just be deleted...

Didn't the makers of the game just say YESTERDAY that it would be available about a month after the bench is released? Why on Earth anyone would take a vendors estimated arrival date seriously at this point in time is a mystery....

volt
09-12-03, 01:06 PM
But that does NOT mean we won't see the game too... ;)

I have never seen a demo released along with a retail version on the same day.

Sazar
09-12-03, 01:20 PM

theres a first time for everything

/me goes looking for a 4 leaf clover

Hellbinder
09-12-03, 01:41 PM
Besides its rather impossible that HL2 will be released in 2004. Iknow im going to have it along with something else pretty damn soon ;)

AthlonXP1800
09-12-03, 01:56 PM
Well the easiest thing we will know that Half Life 2 will be in store on 30 Sept if Half Life 2 will go gold around next week, until 20 Sept then it definely will be in store by 30 Sept. Hear nothing mean it will be delay to Nov or 2004, guess we all have to accept the delay as Value, Nvidia and ATI will work harder to remove bugs to ensure when the game shipping, we all will have the best experience out of the game.

I guess maybe the lesson now learnt not to buy graphic cards months ago when the games about to go gold, Doom 3 and now Half Life 2 could be delay. I just bought my card in July just for Half Life 2 and heard Doom 3 delayed to 2004 and now found out NV38 is around the corner. The best thing to buy graphic cards when the games gone gold.

jAkUp
09-12-03, 08:00 PM
check this out.. someone from the hl2.net boards jsent in this question, and got the answer below from gabe

The date "February 3rd" and its numerous misspellings seems to have
cropped up as the doubters' latest and by far most popular 'real release
date.' Do you have any knowledge of official statements that would lead to
that conclusion, or was it just the most popular speculation that you will
be laughing heartily at come September 30th?

I have never said any date other than September 30th.

emotionstation
09-13-03, 09:37 AM

Gearbox is attempting to release Halo & a demo on the same day.

Attempting. Might not happen, but this is verbatim what they said yesterday on the gearbox forums.

gearboxsoftware.com will carry the announcement in the forums, on the main pages and will offer other fun materials related to the announcement.

The "Work Items" remaining ticker was removed because there are no remaining work items for the retail game.

The team is working on a number of other things including a demo and some bonus features to be released as an update on or about launch time.

http://www.gearboxsoftware.com/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=Halo&Number=11621&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1&vc=1

Fotis
09-13-03, 02:41 PM
I'm really tired of seeing a new "HL2 delayed" thread every couple of days!
Valve officials have been saying every day for the past few months that its still on for 9/30.
DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING EXCEPT IT COMES DIRECTLY FROM VALVE!!