PDA

View Full Version : I got a computer bug!!!

sillyeagle
05-11-12, 05:36 PM
I got a bug in my computer! Saw it crawling around inside my IPS panel. I've been shooting Raid into it for the last couple days to kill it, and haven't seen it for a while. I think it died and fell to the bottom. Guess I don't need to worry about getting it out, but does anybody know how to clean the Raid out of my screen? It's all mucked up between the screen cover and the LCD panel.... :o

Redeemed
05-11-12, 08:02 PM
You're joking...:headexplode:

Roadhog
05-11-12, 08:47 PM
Fail troll.

sillyeagle
05-11-12, 09:00 PM
No one haz a solution? :(

Roadhog
05-11-12, 09:04 PM
http://i.imgur.com/gikrX.jpg

bob saget
05-11-12, 09:21 PM
you actually sprayed raid into your monitor? no way...

sillyeagle
05-11-12, 10:08 PM
Now I know what people mean when they talk about the "vaseline filter". :( I'm thinking I might flush it with distilled water and then hold onto it while I spin around real fast out in the back yard so it will drain.

Could try the dishwasher, but I don't know. I know you can put your keybaord in the dishwasher and just let it dry before you hook it back up. When I worked at Gateway there was story about a mud slide that took out a house, filled the PC with mud. He took the case cover off and let the dish washer do the dirty work. He let it dry and it powered right up. I guess the house lost power before the mud got inside the case, so no electrical damage.

Anyway, off to load my super soaker with some distilled water! (Don't want water spots left behind so no hard water)

Bman212121
05-11-12, 10:53 PM
Yes you can run board through the dishwasher. The only thing you have to do is make sure the capacitors are discharged first. I've heard from a few electronics people they have used that method before for boards.

+1

ViN86
05-11-12, 11:56 PM
I thought the crystals kept the bugs away.

Rakeesh
05-12-12, 01:39 AM
Why not just take it apart and take the bug out?

jeffmd
05-12-12, 02:05 AM
On a similar note I find the damndest specks that appear on my light spreaders. My dell lcd from day 1 had a small 2 pixel spec in the lower corner but after about 2 years it has what looks like an eraser head size mark just sitting there behind the lcd, no freaking clue what caused it. My dell laptop screen actually got what looked like a tiny sliver of something, I thought it was a fracture because it would become brighter depending on how you looked at it (again, this is on the light spreader, not the lcd screen). However recently after doing some upgrades on it, the sliver thing disappeared.

Cylphid
05-13-12, 07:23 AM

ICE2K
05-14-12, 07:16 PM
:thumbdwn::thumbdwn:

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj16/Cocolinaaaa/Big%20Smilies/thinking.gif Y WTF.....

Rakeesh
05-14-12, 07:20 PM
He's the first hippie I've ever heard of to use Raid. I've been literally hit by a hippie for using raid once saying "it's bad on the environment" and "it's mean to the insects".

sillyeagle
05-17-12, 12:15 AM

Man that's a good idea. Will have to keep that in mind.

sillyeagle
05-17-12, 12:17 AM
He's the first hippie I've ever heard of to use Raid. I've been literally hit by a hippie for using raid once saying "it's bad on the environment" and "it's mean to the insects".

No bugs (or screens) were harmed in the making of this thread.

powercores
06-05-12, 03:44 AM
Power Core Industries is a renowned name in manufacture of transformer cores and allied induction steel components, including Lap cores, Butt cores, Mitred cores, Toroidal cores, Stack sheets and Special custom solutions & products.

We manufacture a full range of engineered magnetic steel solutions for various induction products. Our primary focus is processing electrical steels both CRGO (grain-oriented) and CRNGO (non-oriented) used in the manufacture of transformers and other advanced electrical/magnetic industrial applications. (http://www.powercores.com/home.php)