PDA

View Full Version : Banding? Ti4200

WarGhSt
09-17-03, 04:00 PM
When loading windows professional on my computer with the new 45.23 Dets, I get 2 I guess you would say "Bands" across the screen that are ... 3D-ish *Stand out more than the rest of the screen and seem to be closer to you than the rest*, this also happens when my desktop is first loading up.

I ran 3dmark2001 and didn't notice any problems with it, but I can't help wondering if there is gonna be any damage to my card.

If anyone has had the same problem, or has a guess of what it could be, or if it is gonna actually do anything... could post and give me a little bit of help, it'd be great!

Edit: Was just playing around with the little NVidia thing in my taskbar, clicked on it and got the same banding problems, each "Banding Bar" goes all the way across the screen and only appears to be there for about 1 second. Everytime they pop up it seems to be in about 3 different places but they are usually in random spots.

I hope this adds more info for helping me figure this thing out.

mrsabidji
09-17-03, 04:35 PM
Could be a magnetic problem (just guessing, I never encountered that issue myself). Do you have a pci card standing right to your 4200? If so, what type of card is it? If not, does anyone have a better idea? ;)

mrsabidji

edit : check your monitor (are there speakers near ?) and its cable too, you never know...

WarGhSt
09-17-03, 04:56 PM
Nope, no PCI Card on my Mobo, and speakrs are at least 9-10 inches away from the screen... I switched to 44.65 drivers and now it only does it when booting up. Wonder wtf is wrong!

mrsabidji
09-18-03, 02:43 PM
You should try to reproduce it with another monitor if you can or connect your current one to the DVI output if there's any.

mrsabidji