PDA

View Full Version : Windows 8 Release Preview

Pages : 1 2 [3]

crainger
06-06-12, 05:32 PM
I use my tablet a lot more than my laptop. In fact my laptop doesn't even have a HDD in it right now. ::bleh::

Cylphid
06-07-12, 08:11 AM
The more and more I use my tablet (which is rare), I get more discouraged using it and think that I just don't need one anymore. Watered down games are very disappointing compared to the real deal and the lack of using it for my work (or the lack of it integrating easily into my workflow) is horrible. I honestly use my phone or laptop more than anything else. Guess a tablet just isn't for me. Oh well because the wife and child have the iPad now lol.

I'll still upgrade to Windows 8 across the board because Metro doesn't bother me. I know that there are ways around Metro and I'll find the best way to use it. For my clients, however, I think it will be a little bit of a nightmare.

Glad you can join the Apple camp nekro! :bleh:

MS supposedly removed the legacy code that allowed people to hack it and get the old start menu back.

EDIT: http://www.gizmodo.com.au/2012/06/microsoft-no-windows-8-start-button-but-office-for-ios-has-a-start-date/

six_storm
06-07-12, 11:31 AM
I use my iPad everyday.
I see a tablet strictly as a consuming device. It's not good for productive tasks.
Reading news for example is quite nice on the iPad. Apps like Flipboard are brilliant and make that task a really nice experience. Even reading stuff in Safari is enjoyable.

I don't use it for productive stuff. It's not made for that. Casual games are nice on a tablet but not my thing either.

I don't even use it for E-Mail or iMessage. I do that stuff on my Mac Pro. A computer is simply better for that, easier and faster to type on.

I do enjoy FlipBoard, but the thing that still rings in my head is "Wow, I've spent $350 on a tablet just for reading and minor web surfing." Kinda bugs me.

Mountain Lion is going to enable Mac to ATV mirroring and that will be mega win. Not sure why I need an iPad anymore.

I agree that the iPad isn't much for productivity. I've really and honestly tried to use it for work purposes but it's only good for email, calendar and small items that my work iPhone already does.

nekrosoft13
06-07-12, 03:28 PM
What do you think ipad is? Is just a larger iphone.

crainger
06-07-12, 09:07 PM
It's a larger iPhone with attitude nekro.

Rakeesh
06-08-12, 12:07 AM
What do you think ipad is? Is just a gayer iphone.

FTFY.

crainger
06-08-12, 09:05 PM
::wonder:: This new job has taken it's toll on your trolling Keeshy. That was a pretty weak effort.

AthlonXP1800
06-12-12, 12:44 PM
Just tried out latest Chrome DEV build as default browser to use Chrome on Metro. It worked awesome with the same functions as desktop Chrome, I find it much easier to use than IE10 Metro.

I still not understand why all the Metro/Windows 8 haters, I been on Windows 3.1 and get used to it, it no better than Amiga OS 3.1. Think my dad will love Metro without lost around in desktop.

TheOneAndOnly
06-14-12, 08:33 AM
I agree that the iPad isn't much for productivity. I've really and honestly tried to use it for work purposes but it's only good for email, calendar and small items that my work iPhone already does.

And yet, many businesses are finding them very useful. Ironic that.

crainger
06-14-12, 04:38 PM

Maybe for you in your little cubicle, but here iPad is what we do most of our work on. It's great for field work. We have our GIS software, but we also can do up quick spreadsheets, notes, emails, appointments and it's all in a cloud. No way we could do that on laptops or desktops. It's also great for flights due to long battery life and the touch screen is really good for maps anywhere. City maps aren't fun on an iPhone.

Yaboze
06-19-12, 02:07 PM
I wonder if someone will figure out how to put Windows 8 RT on a Kindle Fire. That would make a sweet little device.

nekrosoft13
06-27-12, 02:44 PM
its pathetic when linux distro looks more like windows, then next windows.

http://www.zorin-os.com/gallery.html

six_storm
06-27-12, 03:38 PM
its pathetic when linux distro looks more like windows, then next windows.

http://www.zorin-os.com/gallery.html

HAHAHAHA