PDA

View Full Version : Trade program


KaoS87
09-20-03, 10:34 AM
Is there any methond such as trades that a company has so that i may exchange my 5900ultra for a 9800pro? Or do i have to sell my card over ebay? :(

Ruined
09-20-03, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by KaoS87
Is there any methond such as trades that a company has so that i may exchange my 5900ultra for a 9800pro? Or do i have to sell my card over ebay? :(

You are out of luck, have to sell on eBay. :(

saturnotaku
09-20-03, 10:38 AM
No and yes.

You could try selling the card in the [H]ardOCP forums as they get more traffic, but ebay is probably where you'd get the most money.

junkheap
09-20-03, 11:27 AM
I think you can get $50 off a card at ati's website as a trade in program. Although i would sell the 5900 on ebay and get a crap card, trade it up towards an 9800.

GlowStick
09-20-03, 03:51 PM
Yeah, the ATi tradeup program is ment for people with really old cards that want a 50$ discount, but you can usually get a 50$ or better discount if you buy from newegg.com with out sending them a card.

anyways if you have hardware i would recomend selling it on ebay (or possibly a forum if you hate ebay) then buy what you wanted.

TheTaz
09-20-03, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by GlowStick
Yeah, the ATi tradeup program is ment for people with really old cards that want a 50$ discount


Yeah... My daughter's machine has a Geforce 2 MX in it.... was thinking of using that for a trade-in. :D

Wife and kid get my hand-me downs! :p

Taz

ChrisW
09-20-03, 04:18 PM
Just sell it on Ebay. Since there are so many retarded AOL users on the net, many used video cards sell on Ebay for more than the online price for a new card. I've seen people buy used burned-out cards on Ebay for more than a brand new card on NewEgg.

GlowStick
09-20-03, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by ChrisW
Just sell it on Ebay. Since there are so many retarded AOL users on the net, many used video cards sell on Ebay for more than the online price for a new card. I've seen people buy used burned-out cards on Ebay for more than a brand new card on NewEgg. Yes, alot of people are addicted to ebay, and i cant belive how much people will pay for junk on ebay.

My friend (who got fired from a crappy job) has just started to sell stuff on ebay, and is makeing quite a bit of money.

He buys hot wheels from meijers for 99 cents each, puts them on ebay and is getting 20$ for them...........

bkswaney
09-20-03, 04:26 PM
List it at Hardforum. It will sell in a day if u price it right.
Just make sure u get the $ before u ship it.
I got ripped off a while back for 30 buck. :(

ChrisW
09-20-03, 04:29 PM
Yeah, I'm considering auctioning off my bags of trash on Ebay. I bet I could get $5-10 for it. Why waste it taking it to the dump?

GlowStick
09-20-03, 04:30 PM
Yes, selling/buying over the internet from Private partys is a big risk. Basicly, allways protect number 1 (yourself).