PDA

View Full Version : Breed Demo

1stFlight
09-20-03, 05:19 PM
Just wanted to point that the Beta demo (http://www.breedgame.de/english/index1.htm) (sound odd or what) for Breed just came out. Looks great so far, just gotta watch the language if you've got kids around. Aside from that great graphics and what looks to be great control of your squad. Me, I just got into it, so I'll be letting you know what I think as I progress. Plays great on my rig.

RAY16
09-20-03, 05:42 PM
Errr... This beta demo came out a long time ago, and (IMO) its crap. They are releasing a new demo in october, which will better represent the final game. The new demo better be drasticly better then the beta, or there is no way i'm buying this game.

1stFlight
09-20-03, 08:00 PM
Why did you think it was crap?

So far I'm loving the graphics, sound, plots a bit dated but what can be said for that... the AI seems pretty good too.

RAY16
09-20-03, 09:37 PM
The enemy looks retarded, the voice acting is total crap, and the view bob is annoying. I just don't really like it. I won't let my hate for this demo effect my outlook on the final game, thats an honor that the final demo has. If I hate the final demo, they can say good bye to my $50.

Greg
09-21-03, 12:38 AM
A search in this forum reveals an older thread here: http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=12267&highlight=breed

nVidi0t
09-21-03, 06:00 AM
I didn't like it at all, it felt extremely rushed.

Maybe I'll give it another try.

RAY16
09-21-03, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by nVidi0t
I didn't like it at all, it felt extremely rushed.

Maybe I'll give it another try.

Well, It is a beta demo... O_o

RAST
09-21-03, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by RAY16
Well, It is a beta demo... O_o

Yeh but the release date for the game was promised 15 times at least. I started really paying attention to the game when it was supposed to ship in 9/02. That date came and went and so did a bunch of other dates, including a mass emailing stating the full demo would be out. That didn't happen either. Then they rushed out the BETA demo to keep people happpy. The demo was sad. Voice acting was pure @$$ and the graphics were poor. Gameplay was OK but nothing better than what's coming out this month. (September 30th is a happy day!)

I will give the real demo a try though but only out of respect for a game that could have been great. Too bad it will come out after HALO :(