PDA

View Full Version : Video card bios

mixsetup
09-20-03, 10:14 PM
Hi I have a Palit Daytona GeForce2 TI VX graphics card. It has stopped running any games with Open GL in them like RTCW & Ravenshield.
Is there a way to flash the bios of the video card so it all works again. Or is there anyway to fix it.
I have bought another graphics card but I would like to fix it if I could to go in my other computer.

stncttr908
09-20-03, 11:19 PM
Err...this would usually be attributed to a driver issue, not a video card BIOS problem. Even if you could find an updated BIOS, I doubt it'd be any help.

What I mean is, if there were a problem with the BIOS at all I doubt the card would function at all.

GlowStick
09-21-03, 12:45 AM
Yes, you definatly have a driver issue, try uninstalling then reinstalling them.

mixsetup
09-21-03, 08:29 AM
I did uninstall and reinstall them I might try it again with latest drivers. Thank's

mrsabidji
09-21-03, 08:57 AM
If you're running XP, just be careful : Xp seems to like installing its own internal Geforce driver whenever you installed Detonators (pre-Geforce 4 cards). Problem is this internal driver is rather old and does not include OpenGL.
So, check your driver's version in the control panel and if it doesn't correspond to the detonators version you installed, uninstall the driver again, re-start windows in safe-mode, install the detonators, re-boot, re-start in safe-mode again, check the version and if it's all cool, re-start windows the usual way.

mrsabidji

mixsetup
09-21-03, 09:16 PM
Thank's I'll try that as I'm using Windows XP pro.