PDA

View Full Version : NASDAQ: Nvidia's "Resolution for the Future"


Pages : [1] 2

Ruined
09-21-03, 11:32 AM
http://www.nasdaq.com/services/intlmag/issue_44/44_nvidia.pdf

Comments? :)

SlyBoots
09-21-03, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by Ruined
http://www.nasdaq.com/services/intlmag/issue_44/44_nvidia.pdf

Comments? :)

woof!

PR fluff, and i already posted in another thread last week:p

euan
09-21-03, 12:35 PM
Scandalous! :rolleyes:

aapo
09-21-03, 12:41 PM
Hmm...

It'll be worth seeing when the two different worlds collide. (Real and PR) :D

otheipion
09-21-03, 12:49 PM
Note the AA on Jen-Hsun's hair - ironic, no? :p

Miester_V
09-21-03, 01:21 PM
I believe them.

realODDSMAN
09-21-03, 02:21 PM
Notice they have nothing about Microsoft or DirectX 9 or even gaming tech for the future :rolleyes:

I wonder why... :confused:

digitalwanderer
09-21-03, 02:40 PM
I think I shall now be sick. :bs:

gmontem
09-21-03, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by otheipion
Note the AA on Jen-Hsun's hair - ironic, no? :p Seeing the hair reminded me of Dawn's for some reason. Maybe the CEO is going to be featured in the next Dawn tech demo. :afro:

bkswaney
09-21-03, 05:34 PM
OMG... I'm sick now. Now that is just :lame:

They sux right now and everyone just needs to face it.

Nutty
09-21-03, 05:57 PM
When will you ppl realise that this is how a buisness works. If you were running nv, would you come out and say, btw, we're crap. Our cards are crap, and we lie and cheat just to try and sell some cards..

Cos if you did, you obviously didn't pay attention in buisness school.. :rolleyes:

digitalwanderer
09-21-03, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by Nutty
When will you ppl realise that this is how a buisness works. If you were running nv, would you come out and say, btw, we're crap. Our cards are crap, and we lie and cheat just to try and sell some cards..

Cos if you did, you obviously didn't pay attention in buisness school.. :rolleyes:
True, but I sure as hell wouldn't be pushing "cinemagraphic computing" which is the bloody achilles heel of my product! :lol:

rth
09-21-03, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by Nutty
When will you ppl realise that this is how a buisness works. If you were running nv, would you come out and say, btw, we're crap. Our cards are crap, and we lie and cheat just to try and sell some cards..

Cos if you did, you obviously didn't pay attention in buisness school.. :rolleyes:

that's a false argument because if I were running nvidia I wouldn't have lied or cheated in the first place.

if I took over nvidia right now, I WOULD say that the previous management had lied and cheated.

nVidi0t
09-21-03, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by Nutty
When will you ppl realise that this is how a buisness works. If you were running nv, would you come out and say, btw, we're crap. Our cards are crap, and we lie and cheat just to try and sell some cards..

Cos if you did, you obviously didn't pay attention in buisness school.. :rolleyes:

Agreed.

There's a reason nVidia are so successful, and it's not just (used to) having the best hardware. Their marketing is great, this is where they will continue to beat ATi.

Go to nVidia website and see pictures of hot 3d chicks, go to ATI and you see hardware. Which would the casual computer guy rather see? Perfect marketing right there.

ChrisRay
09-21-03, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by rth
that's a false argument because if I were running nvidia I wouldn't have lied or cheated in the first place.

if I took over nvidia right now, I WOULD say that the previous management had lied and cheated.


You honestly dont think they weighed the consequences? if they came out and said "Our cards are very bad in comparison to the competition"

They would have lost a "lot" of money. I mean hundreds of thousands of dollars. If Not Millions. You'd be surprised how easy it is to say things that arent true. When hundreds of thousands of your dollars are on the line.

This year will be a storm in a teacup if Nvidia can get some great hardware out next year.

aapo
09-21-03, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by Nutty
When will you ppl realise that this is how a buisness works.

I think most people here realise that. But the s*** will still inevitably hit the fan, sooner or later. One can lie a shade of gray to be white, but trying to represent black as white is too much.

It would be nice to actually be able to predict what will happen in the current marketing situation...

ChrisW
09-22-03, 12:34 AM
Originally posted by aapo
I think most people here realise that. But the s*** will still inevitably hit the fan, sooner or later. One can lie a shade of gray to be white, but trying to represent black as white is too much.

It would be nice to actually be able to predict what will happen in the current marketing situation...
It's been over a year now and the s*** still hasn't hit the fan yet. I think they are going to get away with everything.

scott123
09-22-03, 06:55 AM
Wow, that thing has 3dfx written all over it. Nvidia needs to be honest with its customers, investors, and itself.

Nutty
09-22-03, 07:18 AM
One can lie a shade of gray to be white, but trying to represent black as white is too much.

Hey, black can look white if you just cover it in specular.. :D

Joe DeFuria
09-22-03, 07:36 AM
Originally posted by Nutty
When will you ppl realise that this is how a buisness works. If you were running nv, would you come out and say, btw, we're crap. Our cards are crap, and we lie and cheat just to try and sell some cards..

Cos if you did, you obviously didn't pay attention in buisness school.. :rolleyes:

When will you people learn about how consumers work:

They b*tch and moan endlessley when they believe a business is pulling the wool over thier eyes. The more blatant the intentional misrepresentation, the louder the b*tching.

It may be how business works....but that doesn't mean we have to like it. And that certainly means we don't have to reward it. We (consumers / enthusiasts) will do our part to get out the truth...which is what everyone (except nVidia) wants. Including you, I hope.

saturnotaku
09-22-03, 07:48 AM
Originally posted by Joe DeFuria
We (consumers / enthusiasts) will do our part to get out the truth...which is what everyone (except nVidia) wants. Including you, I hope.

But the point is that you're likely never going to get it. In which case you have to exercise the one remaining bit of power you have as a consumer and that is to vote with your dollars. This is the one of the few methods consumers have to let a company know they're displeased with their products, and I have to believe NVIDIA is aware of this.

rth
09-22-03, 08:21 AM
Originally posted by ChrisW
It's been over a year now and the s*** still hasn't hit the fan yet. I think they are going to get away with everything.

things are going downhill and people are really jumping ship. for some like jakup HL2 was the last straw. but generally, they're running out of excuses. first it was don't buy 9700pro cos we're bringing out 5800. then people waited ages and it was sh*t. then they took the piss out of everyone who bought a 5800 etc. etc. etc. we all know nvidia's history...

but now we're getting to the point where DX9 games will soon be quite common and nvidia doesn't have a single suitable product. nvidia's been able to rely on its reputation and hide its poor DX9 performance for the last year. this no longer works. so I think the coming year will be worse for nvidia. but I doubt it will be anywhere near Enron-scale.

even before HL2 benchmarks were released ATI already had 97% of the high-end market so they are definitely not getting away with it.

Joe DeFuria
09-22-03, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by saturnotaku
But the point is that you're likely never going to get it. In which case you have to exercise the one remaining bit of power you have as a consumer and that is to vote with your dollars.

Oh, I fully agree.

But it's not enough that I personally vote with my dollar. Its that LOTS AND LOTS of people vote.

In order to do that, you need a massive "anti-PR" campaign in order to hopefully inform the masses that buying nVidia is not a good choice. Convincing them to vote with their dollars is the goal.

This is the one of the few methods consumers have to let a company know they're displeased with their products, and I have to believe NVIDIA is aware of this.

Of course...so it becomes a battle of "PR". nVidia's PR against "the community" PR. Community PR includes end users, review sites, and software vendors, like Valve.

Miester_V
09-22-03, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by nVidi0t
Agreed.

There's a reason nVidia are so successful, and it's not just (used to) having the best hardware. Their marketing is great, this is where they will continue to beat ATi.

Go to nVidia website and see pictures of hot 3d chicks, go to ATI and you see hardware. Which would the casual computer guy rather see? Perfect marketing right there.
I hope you're kidding. These ARE graphics card companies, not 3D Skanks rendering companies.

Oh, and in business school they also teach you about a little thing called ethics...

lordtoran
09-22-03, 01:05 PM
They shouldn't have mentioned Tomb Raider anyway ... :D Now the people who read the sheet will go play Tomb Raider and see that it sucks.