PDA

View Full Version : Problems displaying game videos

Leikin
09-22-03, 02:08 AM
For some reason when I play my games the video looks blocky and the words look jaggy. Also, for some reason, the demos that came with the card don't run smoothly. The audio seems to cut in and out in the demo and its jumpy. I have the newest drivers for my card. Right now I'm running dual monitors one being a GeForce FX 5200 Ultra and the other being a GeForce4 MX 440-SE. I have the same problems with both. In game everything runs fine in the games, but the video in the games sucks. PLEASE HELP! I've tried everywhere I could find to get help, but have had no success.

PC Spec's:
Pentium 4 2.4Ghz CPU
512Mb of memory
120GB hard drive

mrsabidji
09-22-03, 08:02 AM
Could you please precise :
- Detonators version ('newest version' is a very subjective concept ;) )
- Windows version (+service pack(s) installed, if any)
- Game(s)

mrsabidji

edit : if you're using 51.75 detonators, well... you shouldn't. They are not supposed to be used as regular drivers and a lot of games are bound to crash, lag, etc...

Leikin
09-22-03, 01:29 PM
I have the 45.23 drivers and am using Windows Xp with all of the latest updates and service packs. And, right now I'm mostly running Elder Scrolls III:Morrowind.

mrsabidji
09-22-03, 01:49 PM
Hmm... really strange (yeah, I know it doesn't help much ;) ). Are you running some kind of software in background when that happens? I mean, if it only happens during the videos, that could be caused by some unwanted HDD access, as the rest of your config seems fine.

mrsabidji

edit : You could also run a little defrag and see if the videos play smoother then. Especially if you only have one partition.

Leikin
09-22-03, 05:03 PM
Didn't work. Crap. This problem is annoying.

mrsabidji
09-22-03, 05:14 PM
Yeah... Did you install your soundcard's latest drivers as well ? I'm sure we'll find a solution in the end, by slowly eliminating all hypothesisses one by one :D .

mrsabidji

Leikin
09-22-03, 05:17 PM
I think I might just give up and go to the store, get a refund and get an ATI card thats about the same price and performance, but hopefully working successfully.

mrsabidji
09-22-03, 05:18 PM
yep, I noticed that :D
sorry I couldn't help...

mrsabidji

Leikin
09-22-03, 05:24 PM
Thanks for your suggestions. You atleast helped me narrow it down a bit.