PDA

View Full Version : Where's my TW2004 demo?

Pages : [1] 2

saturnotaku
09-22-03, 09:36 PM
OK, the game started shipping today which means it'll be in most stores tomorrow. Where's the demo? I wanna find out if this game would be worth it. And I wanna do it this week because CompUSA has 20% off all PC and console games, which would make this purchase around $30.

DivotMaker
09-22-03, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by saturnotaku
OK, the game started shipping today which means it'll be in most stores tomorrow. Where's the demo? I wanna find out if this game would be worth it. And I wanna do it this week because CompUSA has 20% off all PC and console games, which would make this purchase around $30.

The demo should be avialable in a day or so barring any unforseen issues...it is in QA testing right now and as soon as it passes, it will be posted at EA.com...

-Tim

digitalwanderer
09-22-03, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by BigBerthaEA
The demo should be avialable in a day or so barring any unforseen issues...it is in QA testing right now and as soon as it passes, it will be posted at EA.com...

-Tim
Thanks for not just saying "Soon!", I really do appreciate that. :)

PenguinJim
09-23-03, 06:23 AM
TW2004? I know I've just woken up, but what is TW2004? Best my head can come up with is Tomb Waider :cool:

saturnotaku
09-23-03, 08:18 AM
Originally posted by PenguinJim
TW2004? I know I've just woken up, but what is TW2004? Best my head can come up with is Tomb Waider :cool:

Tiger Woods 2004

So you'd say before the week is out then? Excellent. :cool:

digitalwanderer
09-23-03, 12:38 PM
Meh, the full game is now officially in the wild...I found my demo. ;)

mario64
09-23-03, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by digitalwanderer
Where?

Mario64

saturnotaku
09-23-03, 06:04 PM
I think he speaks of an "extended" demo that should be all over the file sharing world as we speak.

mario64
09-23-03, 07:25 PM
Oh. Ok. I understand now. :-)

Mario64

DivotMaker
09-23-03, 10:51 PM

Well, I wish people luck in trying to copy those CD's....the encryption is nothing like I have ever seen...it's only $39.99 and worth every penny...

GlowStick
09-24-03, 12:13 AM
Originally posted by BigBerthaEA
Well, I wish people luck in trying to copy those CD's....the encryption is nothing like I have ever seen...it's only $39.99 and worth every penny... I bet they are useing Safedisk v2 or Secure rom, easy to beat.

Thats why keep my Plextor Scsi cd-rw, it can copy all games,

or so thats what i have herd. cough

cough

saturnotaku
09-24-03, 07:09 AM
Originally posted by GlowStick
I bet they are useing Safedisk v2 or Secure rom, easy to beat.

Thats why keep my Plextor Scsi cd-rw, it can copy all games,

or so thats what i have herd. cough

cough

Not SecuROM New. Although I haven't followed it in a while, I still don't think there's any way to actually copy a disc. You can do the next best thing, and it's especially nice if you have a DVD burner. That is dump the image using Alcohol 120% and record the actual .mds image file to a CD or DVD. I've safely backed up all my SecuROM new titles this way. Heck, I can put Midnight Club II, GTA: Vice City and GTA3 onto one DVD. Makes life a lot easier. :)

GlowStick
09-24-03, 11:15 AM
Not SecuROM New. Although I haven't followed it in a while, I still don't think there's any way to actually copy a disc. You can do the next best thing, and it's especially nice if you have a DVD burner. That is dump the image using Alcohol 120% and record the actual .mds image file to a CD or DVD. I've safely backed up all my SecuROM new titles this way. Heck, I can put Midnight Club II, GTA: Vice City and GTA3 onto one DVD. Makes life a lot easier. :) Hmm, i use Alcohol 120% also, ill try to make a copy of secure rom NEW, but im not sure if i have a game that has it, if GTA3 (not VC) has it, then ive made a BACKUP of that...........for a friend cough

saturnotaku
09-24-03, 11:43 AM
GTA3 uses Safedisk, which just about any modern burner can crack. Although I think Macrovision came out with a new Safedisk that looks like it's going to be pretty tough.

digitalwanderer
09-24-03, 02:20 PM
UT2k3 was the toughest one I've seen in a while, but TW2004 has already been cracked.

GlowStick
09-24-03, 02:22 PM
UT2k3 was the toughest one I've seen in a while, but TW2004 has already been cracked. UT2K3 was so good when i put my retail CD in, it claimed it was fake.

saturnotaku
09-24-03, 02:34 PM
At least with UT2003, as long as you have the latest patch you don't need the original CD any more - kinda like what Epic did with the 436 patch in the original UT. Digi, do you have any details about what they did to crack TW2004? Is it just Safedisc (spelled it wrong the first time) that can be cracked with Alcohol 120% or is there some other Voodoo necessary to make a working backup?

GlowStick
09-24-03, 02:40 PM
At least with UT2003, as long as you have the latest patch you don't need the original CD any more - kinda like what Epic did with the 436 patch in the original UT. Digi, do you have any details about what they did to crack TW2004? Is it just Safedisc (spelled it wrong the first time) that can be cracked with Alcohol 120% or is there some other Voodoo necessary to make a working backup? Alcholol 120% laughs at SafeDisk even v2

saturnotaku
09-24-03, 02:44 PM
Alcholol 120% laughs at SafeDisk even v2

I know that. My point was that if it is indeed SD2, making a working backup is no problem. But I've heard some rumblings about a Safedisc 3.1 that's a mean mutha. I want to be able to make a working backup of this game without having to resort to no-cd cracks. But I guess if it's been defeated (without having to use a no-cd crack) then it probably is a derivative of SD2, which is what EA has always used.

GlowStick
09-24-03, 02:50 PM
I know that. My point was that if it is indeed SD2, making a working backup is no problem. But I've heard some rumblings about a Safedisc 3.1 that's a mean mutha. I want to be able to make a working backup of this game without having to resort to no-cd cracks. But I guess if it's been defeated (without having to use a no-cd crack) then it probably is a derivative of SD2, which is what EA has always used. Everytime a new protection scheem comes out they claim its the best thing since sliced bread.

It will be beatin easy.

digitalwanderer
09-24-03, 03:10 PM
Everytime a new protection scheem comes out they claim its the best thing since sliced bread.

It will be beatin easy.
Yup.

No Saturn, I don't know any details yet but I will try and find some out. :)

PenguinJim
09-25-03, 07:27 AM
Has anyone managed to back up their Jedi Academy CDs? Either I'm being a complete ditz, or Alcohol120% and CloneCD won't back up my CDs. Now I tremble with fear every time I take out my original CDs to put back in the case :angel2:

On a more relevant note, the TW2004 demo is out now! :cool:

saturnotaku
09-25-03, 07:56 AM
Originally posted by PenguinJim
On a more relevant note, the TW2004 demo is out now! :cool:

What? Where? I can't find it on the EA or EA Sports pages.

jAkUp
09-25-03, 08:34 AM
http://www.worthplaying.com/article.php?sid=13248

jAkUp
09-25-03, 09:44 AM
cant even change resolution... gar