PDA

View Full Version : where is the official 51.75?

Barbarian
09-23-03, 03:54 AM
I seem to recall that after Valve's infamous presentation early this month, the word was that the Det 51.75's would be officially released mid-month. Valve has also said that the Half-Life 2 benchmark will be around Sept. 30. Well, it's September 23 now... Is Nvidia waiting for the benchmark so that they can work around any detection of their optimizations? Is Valve waiting until the 30th so that they can change the benchmark last minute to make optimizations such as camera-path specific culling null and void? Are both going to be late as both companies wait until the last possible minute?

mrsabidji
09-23-03, 04:01 AM
There's no official 51.75 and there will probably never be any. Official 5x.xx Detonators are expected to be released this week, Uttar said (http://www.notforidiots.com/GPURW.php) on NFI ( :( ).

mrsabidji

StealthHawk
09-23-03, 06:15 AM
AFAIK Det50 has always been scheduled to be launched this week, along with NV36. We shall see. I have my doubts whether 51.75 will be the actual driver we see either. Most likely it will be a later build.

Reaper106
09-23-03, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by StealthHawk
AFAIK Det50 has always been scheduled to be launched this week, along with NV36. We shall see. I have my doubts whether 51.75 will be the actual driver we see either. Most likely it will be a later build.

Any guess or info about which day NVIDIA will grace us with their miracle driver? i lower my head while i say this but I really really hope the big NV can pull this one off:mad: