PDA

View Full Version : Computex Awards: Surprise, surprise!


Pages : [1] 2

extreme_dB
09-23-03, 04:43 PM
"The 23rd Taipei International Computer Show (COMPUTEX TAIPEI 2003) which started on September 22, 2003, gave out 20 Best Choice of COMPUTEX TAIPEI Award right after the International Press Conference"

And the winner in the multimedia category is...

The most game-compatible graphic card in the market- DirectX9.0, OpenGL 1.4 completely support, and the whole new 3D engine rendering cinematic computing stunning effects.
Brand new CineFX Engine powers cinematic effects beyond imagination. With advanced vertex and pixel shader capabilities, stunning and complex special effects are possible. In addition, increased horsepower delivers faster and smoother gameplay.
MSI GeForce FX5800 series is the world's first to employ the cutting-edge DDR II Memory, which the frequency skyrocketsto 800MHz.
State-of-the-art 0.13£gm production process blazes the core clock to 400MHz.
Innovative FX Flow Cooling Technology employs the latest cooling circulation inside out of PC chassis- superb cooling performance better than the traditional on-board cooling.

the 5800?! 5800U?! Wha?!


http://www.computex.com.tw/computex2003/multimedia.asp


http://www.computex.com.tw/computex2003/bestchoice.asp

Sazar
09-23-03, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by extreme_dB
"The 23rd Taipei International Computer Show (COMPUTEX TAIPEI 2003) which started on September 22, 2003, gave out 20 Best Choice of COMPUTEX TAIPEI Award right after the International Press Conference"

And the winner in the multimedia category is...



the 5800?! 5800U?! Wha?!


http://www.computex.com.tw/computex2003/multimedia.asp


http://www.computex.com.tw/computex2003/bestchoice.asp

its ok... peter glaskowsky selected the awards... I think...

aapo
09-23-03, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by extreme_dB
the 5800?! 5800U?! Wha?!


This gotta be a joke. Although I agree that "stunning and complex special effects are possible" - the NV3x pixel shaders have turned out to be stunning and complex. :rolleyes:

digitalwanderer
09-23-03, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by Sazar
its ok... peter glaskowsky selected the awards... I think...
:lol2:

Please tell me this is a joke. C'mon, it's gotta be! :lol:

Sazar
09-23-03, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by digitalwanderer
:lol2:

Please tell me this is a joke. C'mon, it's gotta be! :lol:

:)

I dunno... but there is a correlation that I extrapolated from :D

digitalwanderer
09-23-03, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by Sazar
:)

I dunno... but there is a correlation that I extrapolated from :D
"SOLD to the company with the highest bid!", says the Dig doing his best auctioneers impression.

Truly pathetic. :lol:

mrsabidji
09-23-03, 05:12 PM
Well, you must admit nv3x design was rather innovative if not really efficient. I don't think it justifies the award though.

mrsabidji

Sazar
09-23-03, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by mrsabidji
Well, you must admit nv3x design was rather innovative if not really efficient. I don't think it justifies the award though.

mrsabidji

how is it innovative ?

it just looks more and more like a glorified gf4 ti setup...

compare that with the design differences between the r200/300... I mean seriously...

vampireuk
09-23-03, 05:17 PM
Oh lord more of these awards

/me battons down the hatches

Hellbinder
09-23-03, 05:17 PM
Well, you must admit nv3x design was rather innovative if not really efficient

No I dont think its innovative at all. I Think its a beefed up GF4 with some limited FP functionality and a lot of PR fluff.

mrsabidji
09-23-03, 05:19 PM
yeah, I know. But R300/350 difference are not that big, and... R300 was introduced last year. I'm not trying to promote nv3x here (I'm not that stupid). I'm just searching for a good reason why the 5800 got the award...

mrsabidji

edit : well, I'm rather searching for the bad reason the 5800 got the award ;) ...

aapo
09-23-03, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by Sazar
how is it innovative ?

This new FX5800 card has both innovative new and good parts. The only problem is that the innovative parts are trash and the good parts are friggin' old.

digitalwanderer
09-23-03, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by vampireuk
Oh lord more of these awards

/me battons down the hatches
You'd best go tell UDawg that he can kiss his #3 spot good-bye, this is just the thing I was waiting for. ;)

WHO THE HELL AWARDED THIS DOG GAMNED FARCE OF A BLOODY AWARD?!?!?!? :mad:

vampireuk
09-23-03, 05:21 PM
Someone hand me a .45 I'm ending my run here before it kicks offhttp://www.vampireuk.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/gun.gif

Sazar
09-23-03, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by mrsabidji
yeah, I know. But R300/350 difference are not that big, and... R300 was introduced last year. I'm not trying to promote nv3x here (I'm not that stupid). I'm just searching for a good reason why the 5800 got the award...

mrsabidji

edit : well, I'm rather searching for the bad reason the 5800 got the award ;) ...

the award was given to the nv30 therefore you should compare it to the r300.... the r350 should nto even be brought up in this discussion...

digitalwanderer
09-23-03, 05:22 PM
These two reason for awarding the best BUG me!

The most game-compatible graphic card in the market- DirectX9.0
Innovative FX Flow Cooling Technology employs the latest cooling circulation inside out of PC chassis- superb cooling performance better than the traditional on-board cooling

vampireuk
09-23-03, 05:24 PM
Well at least they got the year right this time:D

digitalwanderer
09-23-03, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by Sazar
the award was given to the nv30 therefore you should compare it to the r300.... the r350 should nto even be brought up in this discussion...
Wouldn't the NV35 have been a better canidate? Doesn't the R300 STILL kick an NV35's arse?!?!

The only thing that could clean the stench this award has left in my mouth is Asus announcing their ATi line-up... ;)

aapo
09-23-03, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by digitalwanderer
WHO THE HELL AWARDED THIS DOG GAMNED FARCE OF A BLOODY AWARD?!?!?!? :mad:

... annnnd the Award goooeees tooo --- DogFarce GnD 8200-DY !!!! :angel:

EDIT: Nothing (badly) wrong with the card itself, I just find the award very funny given the current situation.

Sazar
09-23-03, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by vampireuk
Well at least they got the year right this time:D

:rofl

now THATS a low blow :D

digitalwanderer
09-23-03, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by Sazar
:rofl

now THATS a low blow :D
No, that award is a low-blow....Vamps comment was pretty funny. ;)

mrsabidji
09-23-03, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by Sazar
the award was given to the nv30 therefore you should compare it to the r300.... the r350 should nto even be brought up in this discussion...

I'm purposely playing dumb, you know... I try to figure what made them opt for the nv30 and not for the R300. I wouldn't have awarded the nv30 myself. Or maybe for the most annoying cooling system award...

mrsabidji

digitalwanderer
09-23-03, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by mrsabidji
I'm purposely playing dumb, you know... I try to figure what made them opt for the nv30 and not for the R300. I wouldn't have awarded the nv30 myself. Or maybe for the most annoying cooling system award...

mrsabidji
They actually stated that the "innovative cooling system" was one of the reasons they picked the 5800! :lol:

Besides, the R300 can't do "cinemagraphic computing" so it's no wonder it lost... :bleh:

Miester_V
09-23-03, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by extreme_dB
"The 23rd Taipei International Computer Show (COMPUTEX TAIPEI 2003) which started on September 22, 2003, gave out 20 Best Choice of COMPUTEX TAIPEI Award right after the International Press Conference"

And the winner in the multimedia category is...



the 5800?! 5800U?! Wha?!


http://www.computex.com.tw/computex2003/multimedia.asp


http://www.computex.com.tw/computex2003/bestchoice.asp
I'm convinced. I'm buying one ASAP. :drooling:

DMA
09-23-03, 05:42 PM
Cool it. I'm sure HB is already writing a very nasty mail. No way he'll let this one pass.. ;)

Seriously though. Why even get upset things like this? Not good for you folks.. :p