PDA

View Full Version : New comp problems

hutton2949
09-24-03, 11:58 PM
I have recenlty built a new computer and have been having major problems with it. First off, I have had two magnetic tip fans die withing a minute of start up. The computer will radomly restart in the middle of thinkgs. It goes from windows screen to booting up instantly. Also, internet explore constanly crashes and some times when i go to turn the computer on, i have to turn the power supply switch off and the on before the power button will start the computer. Does anyone have any ideas?

marqmajere
09-25-03, 01:28 AM
How much ram do you have in that rig? How many sticks? One of them sounds like it's gone bad. That's the first thing I'd check.

Rampant CL
09-25-03, 10:37 AM
There seem to be a lot fo ram suspect related isssues going around forum members right now. Try checking some of the other posts, a lot has been said in there.

digitalwanderer
09-25-03, 10:56 AM
What kind of power-supply do you have? The fans burning out makes me suspect a power issue.

The Baron
09-25-03, 10:58 AM
Power supply. Almost certain.

saturnotaku
09-25-03, 11:01 AM
In addition to checking your power supply, get rid of those magnetic tip fans. They might look cool, but they are totally unreliable.